Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Ortiz lol. What a clown.

You mean the guy who drank a steroid cocktail and claimed he had no idea what was in it?

Brady has another problem, his refusal to cooperate is considered just as bad as the cheating according to the league's bylaws:

For Brady, there’s another problem; he refused to fully cooperate with the investigation. As the NFL’s Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules states, “Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline.”
  • Upvote 1

So Bob Kraft and Tom Brady are trying to publicly bully the NFL into not punishing them? 

Be a man Roger! He doesn't own you! 31 other owners have your back. 

Seriously are you a sh*tbag reporter?

How can you defend reporters asking him questions about deflategate when he is at a charity event for children.

Stop being a fanboy and really think that out or at least try.

Plenty of time to question him, but when he is at a charity even that is ridivulous.

Seriously? It's not like they were asking about one of his teammates murdering someone. Though they could have and it would have still been relevant. 

He plays for the Patriots. He catches passes from Tom Brady. Do you think the TV reporter was there to cover the charity event? 

Grow up. 

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Honestly dude, this is more pathetic than your lame Spygate defense. 

• Upvote 1

This thread is glorious.

So are you going to participate or just douchily comment?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest...were we not?

Just when I think you can't get any dumber... you go and do something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

At some point, when  not surrounded by kids, he left.  Then it is game on.

She didn't ask him during the event. He was asked as he was leaving:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tv-reporter-asks-gronk-about-ballghazi-gronk-flexes-in-1702683047

• Upvote 2

Yee (Brady's agent) may have made things worse for Brady. Maybe.

Should have said nothing, as Brady did this time, or instead of merely highlighting the lack of direct evidence implicating Brady, as Kraft did. Instead what he did, as Brady's representative, is to implicate the commissioner and an investigative firm in a conspiracy to get Brady. Whether out of Brady's mouth or not, I doubt Goodell is going to be enamored by such a suggestion.

Beyond all the phrasing, like "more probable than not" and such, is the obvious underlying conclusion any reasonable person will draw: these 2 shmos ain't doctoring the Patriots' footballs without Tom Brady's knowledge, and possibly (if not likely) Belichick's as well. While it's technically possible Belichick didn't know about this until the rest of us did, it is not possible this was done behind Brady's back. Not merely his knowledge/awareness, but rather at his outright request.

Where on earth would these guys get the idea of sneaking around to do this unless they were under direct orders to do so? The obvious answer, of course, is they wouldn't.And equally obvious is that Brady told them to do it.

And he's not stopping making things worse, here's his explanation as to why Brady didn't hand over his cell phone:

“Without really getting into my communications with my client — I have to observe attorney-client privilege — but if you’re in a situation when it comes to disciplinary process when you’re generally assigned guilt and asked to prove innocence,” Yee said. “That’s number one. Proving innocence is essentially proving a negative, if you proclaim innocence. And so that’s a very difficult situation to put yourself in.

“Second, with the text messages, the scope that they asked for is actually very, very wide. I probably should have made the letter public that we received from the NFL’s lawyers. But in any event, if we would have provided the phone or the text messages — you have to understand Tom is also a member of the union, the Commissioner’s office actually does not have any subpoena power. If a prominent player were to provide all of their private communications absent a subpoena, that sets a dangerous precedent for all players facing disciplinary measures.

“Finally, any information we would have provided, and the Wells investigative team did ask us to go through Tom’s phone on our own and provide them with information if we chose to go that route.  But as you might surmise if we would have chosen to go that route, any information we would have given them, they probably would have had skepticism about anyway.”

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

At some point, when  not surrounded by kids, he left.  Then it is game on.

She didn't ask him during the event. He was asked as he was leaving:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tv-reporter-asks-gronk-about-ballghazi-gronk-flexes-in-1702683047

Well?

And?

I am pretty sure the kids were not to far.

Again, it is a sh*tty thing to do.

Weak dude,. YOU said, if he was asked after the event it would be OK. Well the video clearly shows him being asked as he's on his way to his car to leave. 

Just admit you were wrong. 

I would love to see the look on Brady's face when he finds out that he is being suspended. 

yowsa.  Judy Battista: You go girl!  Nice job.

One thing I completely disagree with in Battista's column:

Nobody who has watched the NFL in the last 15 years thinks Belichick or Brady needed any untoward help to win all those championships..

Nobody? I don't think a single win of theirs is legitimate. We can all argue til we are blue in the face about how much impact any of their cheating methods had. The reality is that none of them, not Bob Kraft, not Bill Belichick, not Tom Brady, knew what the outcome of the games would be when they decided to knowingly break the rules in order to give themselves an unfair advantage. 

Impact is a red herring. 

Intent is what matters. Their intent was to unlevel the playing field. They wouldn't have done it otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

I would go as far as saying they wouldn't have nearly as impressive...

Assuming those fumble statistics are due to the cheating (which I believe they are and must be) and you would also have to assume dropped passes to be a factor...

If that lack of fumbling, lack of dropped passed cause a two or three game swing each year (and we all know most NFL games come down to one big play or another and turnovers are killers)

That turns a team that win 12-13 games a year to a team that wins 9 or 10 games a years...all of a sudden they are very average...

To say it doesn't matter is simply wrong....

I think you are missing my point. My point was aimed at those who will argue that it didn't make a difference. 

Brady's agent just won't STFU. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/yee-continues-to-spread-misinformation-about-deflategate/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady hasn’t said anything substantial about the Ted Wells report.  The man who represents him has said plenty.  And plenty of it is misleading and incorrect.

On Thursday night, Yee offered up a flimsy explanation for Brady’s refusal to surrender his cell phone during an appearance on CNN. On Friday, Yee provided an inaccurate interpretation of the potential penalties for tampering with a football during an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show.

At one point, in an obvious effort to downplay the violation, Yee said that the penalty for tampering with footballs is only a fine of $25,000.  And that’s just false.

“I believe that the rule book has a fine for tampering with footballs, and the fine amount is $25,000,” Yee told Dan Patrick. “Which in today’s NFL is fairly small, relative to some of the other fines that have been given out.”

Here’s the exact language of the rule, as quoted at page 35 of the Wells report: “Once the balls have left the locker room, no one, including players, equipment managers and coaches are allowed to alter the footballs in any way. If any individual alters the footballs, or if a non-approved ball is used in the game, the person responsible and, if appropriate, the head coach or other club personnel will be subject to discipline, including but not limited to, a fine of $25,000.”

The key words are “including but not limited to.” That’s a very common phrase that appears in thousands of statutes and rules and regulations. It means that the punishment can be greater than a $25,000 fine. And Yee, a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, surely knows that.

Yee also tried to downplay the findings by focusing on the “more probable than not” language contained in the report, calling the findings of the report “essentially a coin flip.” But those words — “more probable than not” — represent the NFL’s legal standard for finding a violation of the rules regarding the integrity of the game. It doesn’t mean that Wells flipped a coin or threw a dart. It means that the evidence satisfied the legal standard that the NFL has put in place to determine whether a violation happened.

That’s the same legal standard that applies in most civil lawsuits: Preponderance of the evidence, which means more probable than not. Over the years, billions of dollars have changed hands via the court system based on that standard.

The good news for Yee is that he chose to steer clear of the basis for Brady’s decision to not surrender his cell phone. While that continues to be the most important question for Brady, it’s better not to explain it at all than to explain it poorly.

I am sorry I am not fluent in Gronkspeak.  I listened to the actual horses mouth.  It is still sh*tty.

No it's not, She was doing her job. Gronk is Brady's most visible teammate. His opinion is relevant. 

Grow up. 

• Upvote 1

is Teddy Bruschi still on the Patriots payrole?

it seems strange that on ESPN right now see him speak exactly what Belichick stated months ago in the first press conference months ago.

isn`t he supposed to be unbiased?

Bruschi is an idiot. 

He's exactly the type of unqualified goof Howard Cosell used to bitch about. 

If Tedi Bruschi hadn't played in the NFL he'd be a parking lot attendant. 

• Upvote 2

Gotta love Damien Woody!!!!

Former Patriots center Damien Woody, who snapped the ball to Tom Brady thousands of times and won two Super Bowl rings with him, believes that Brady was behind Deflategate.

Woody engaged in a debate on ESPN today with fellow former Patriot Tedy Bruschi, and although Bruschi defended Brady and said he doesn’t think the Patriots are cheaters, Woody said he agrees with the Ted Wells report, which found that the preponderance of the evidence shows that Brady cheated.

Bruschi asked Woody if he believes Brady told Patriots employees to deflate the footballs the Patriots would use in the AFC Championship Game, and Woody answered, “I do believe that.”

Woody said he read the Deflategate report and found it convincing. Woody added that he doesn’t believe the AFC Championship Game is the first time Brady cheated.

“From the texts of Jim McNally, him labeling himself ‘the Deflator’ tells me that this wasn’t the only time. When you’ve given yourself a label, to me that insinuates that this action has happened multiple times. I’m looking at it as this has happened multiple times, not only this particular situation, but it’s happened in the past before,” Woody said.

Bruschi asked Woody, “You believe Tom Brady would tell someone to do something illegal?” Woody answered, “Yes.”

Woody said he respects Brady as a great player, but also thinks Brady is such a competitor that he’d do anything to find an edge. Even cheat.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company