Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

People on NFL network work for the NFL, what the hell do you think they are going to say.

Idk the truth about thier personal opinion *shrug shoulders*

I mean after all ppl on the Internet speak the truth all the time too right? If its said on the net that means its the truth? (More sarcasm )

Exactly. The burden shouldn't be on the NFL to prove competitive advantage was gained. Once they show a rule was violated, the presumption is that it was done to obtain an advantage and the burden shifts on the violator to show that isn't the case.

I think you answered your own question right here. The fact that an under inflated ball provides an offense with an unfair competitive advantage is a given. A softer ball is easier to grip, throw, catch, and hold onto. It doesn't need to be stated in this report why a team would deflate their footballs. The answer is obvious.

Playing with a slightly under-inflated football is worse than paying players to purposely injure other players?

Jets fans are friggn' hilarious.

It should definitely be worse than smoking a joint in one's spare time, and the league gives guys a year off for that sh*t. The fact that this is the second time the Pats have been found guilty of cheating under Belichick should also be a factor in punishments handed out.

Not for nothing, but your team is an embarrassment to the NFL. Not a single one of their championships* isn't tainted, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise. The league needs to dole out appropriate punishments if they're going to have any credibility at all. Recent league office blunders with Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Greg Hardy will all play a role here, too. The league has to get it right, and get it right the first time.

• Upvote 1

Really, on NFL network? LOL

Bob Costas said on the national news tonight, if this happened to any of the other 31 teams, it would already swept under the rug.

Because of the Pats dominance well over a decade, it's the issue it is today.

• Thumb Down 3

They are ex-players. Not sure who votes HOF. Cheaters seem to get overlooked in other sports when it comes to HOF. I guess we will see.

Yea u guys would sign over to scout before bb n brady ever get denied any hof votes..

Idk the truth about thier personal opinion *shrug shoulders*

I mean after all ppl on the Internet speak the truth all the time too right? If its said on the net that means its the truth? (More sarcasm )

I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you want to keep trying please go ahead. Ill be back gonna grab more popcorn and a fresh beer. 

No..its the age ole sports philosophy. Everyone else hate when someone is constantly on top.

At the end of the day. Whoever hated the pats.. were going to stay hating..spygate deflated balls was never going to change that.

As much as fans think this is gonna "bring down thier reign" or exposed some TRUTH that they're not that good.

It doesn't. Plenty of scientific evidence show they are the best in thier fields. Dispite the stupid competitive edge.

Again you know thier hated because the saints players intentionally tried to injured another player. That worse then spygate or deflating footballs..beating your wife or gf is worse, abusing your child, serving time for a crime you committed is worse.

But revival fans want to scream brady should never step on a field again n he is a scumbag..ha ha

Like oh really!!

I get it though. I do.

N for the reecord about 2 to 3 games suspension is cool, a team fine n the season moves no..in my opinion

As a pure societal issue yes, spygate or deflategate pale in comparison to beating your spouse/gf/child , But in the context of a sport the worst thing that can undermine  it is integrity.  The Pats cheating has tarnished the integrity of the entire sport just like the NBA ref scandal has cast a shroud over the NBA. You can feel anyway you want about the Pats Super Bowls but most fans outside of NE will view them with a asterik placed next to them and it has nothing to do with being jealous of a superior team.  Once the question of a level playing field is removed , hell the sport may as well be the WWE the Pats have made a mockery of their success and a mockery of the NFL. 

Bob Costas said on the national news tonight, if this happened to any of the other 31 teams, it would already swept under the rug.

Makes no sense, if they would've not cheated they would be no dominance. Try again. 

yup, that's what happens when your integrity is constantly questioned...

This

Here's what I think is going to happen (and has already happened) The other owners have had enough and they put enough pressure on Goodell to treat this investigation cleanly.  This is clearly not a white wash and demands strong and obvious penalties.  They will be handed out strongly here.

I won't be surprised if they both get a year and lose a #1...

This is worse than BountyGate..

What I find interesting is the email from the colts saying it was common knowledge the pats cheater with the balls. It's annoying that nobody at nfl cared enough to investigate.

The more and more i read this report the more it becomes apparent that Tom Brady and the Patriots did their best to no co-operate with the investigation.

Brady did not submit his phone as required.

Pats counsel denied to make McNally available for a follow up interview which was sought by the investigators.

Then i read Robert Kraft's reaction "“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome."

Back when the story broke Brady denied even knowing who McNally was.

Now we have all these text messages and Brady giving him signed memorabilia.

Sad day for Patsfantx and crew.   

What a shocker, huh? A billionth offense is treated more harshly than a first.

Of course, you might have known this already had you gone to law school. But, you obviously didn't.

• Upvote 1

Back when the story broke Brady denied even knowing who McNally was.

Now we have all these text messages and Brady giving him signed memorabilia.

Sad day for Patsfantx and crew.   

If you compare the report with Shady Brady's press conference before the Superbowl you can see that Brady pretty much lied the entire time. Cheaters gonna cheat, I guess when you are a 6th round pick and you want to win you try anything. 

To be fair, if we didn't question him he'd never let up.

No amount of investigation changes the fact that in order to determine whether there's a competitive advantage from deflating the balls, you need to have a sample of games known to have been played with deflated balls to compare to games known not to have been played with deflated balls.

The abnormal fumble rate compared to the other 31 teams through many years of Tom Brady certainly suggests that this specific form of New England cheating has been going on for many years.

Silly Mikey.

You have to take media heads with a grain of salt. Costas wants to ensure he gets the BB and Brady retirement interviews some day.

This investigation happened because of a history of trying to break the rules in some fashion or another. 

Did the Saints and Falcons stories get swept under the rug? 

I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you want to keep trying please go ahead. Ill be back gonna grab more popcorn and a fresh beer.

its ok. I expected to go over your head i know who i was talking to.

Makes no sense, if they would've not cheated they would be no dominance. Try again. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11218/nfl-aware-of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

This doctoring story did not grab hold because it is two crappy teams.

I am not saying that Brady is innocent.  At best he has plausible deniability.

You write like a malfunctioning robot speaks. I don't think you're in a position to be insulting the intelligence of anyone else.

• Upvote 4

This thread is gold.

Comedy gold indeed.

This truly is the off-season that keeps giving. 

Bob "I like hearing my own voice" Costas is wrong - just the opposite a lesser team would made an example. Aside from the lying and playing the ignorant card doesn't Brady come off as an arrogant ass to the "little people" on his own team? Also if there is severe punishment to his two ball boys then by extension Brady deserves comparable punishment.

LOL I. No. Speaka. Da. English.

You write like a malfunctioning robot speaks. I don't think you're in a position to be insulting the intelligence of anyone else.

+1

Seriously, I have no clue what you are talking about.

As a pure societal issue yes, spygate or deflategate pale in comparison to beating your spouse/gf/child , But in the context of a sport the worst thing that can undermine it is integrity. The Pats cheating has tarnished the integrity of the entire sport just like the NBA ref scandal has cast a shroud over the NBA. You can feel anyway you want about the Pats Super Bowls but most fans outside of NE will view them with a asterik placed next to them and it has nothing to do with being jealous of a superior team. Once the question of a level playing field is removed , hell the sport may as well be the WWE the Pats have made a mockery of their success and a mockery of the NFL. [\b]

Emm.i would not go that far given what the numbers were for the superbowl and thats after a.peterson, r.rice etc.

I understand about the integrity of the game and not arguing opposite of that. Im just saying the pats are not gonna fall hard like revival fans want.

I beg to differ.

This truly is the off-season that keeps giving.

Awesome!

Emm.i would not go that far given what the numbers were for the superbowl and thats after a.peterson, r.rice etc.

I understand about the integrity of the game and not arguing opposite of that. Im just saying the pats are not gonna fall like revival fans want.

And that just proves one thing , money drives the game. Without gambling, fantasy football and the insane money sponsers make the NFL is dust. Start messing with the gambling industry by having integrity concerns and the house of cards will come tumbling down pretty quickly. Its rumored Vegas already removed the Pats/Steelers game from its boards , if that starts happening more frequently it becomes a big problem.

I beg to differ.

You can't differ. It would violate the second law of robotics. Even if you're malfunctioning you can't break it.

• Upvote 3

The abnormal fumble rate compared to the other 31 teams through many years of Tom Brady certainly suggests that this specific form of New England cheating has been going on for many years.

Ah, more speculation and innuendo based on no facts whatever.

Suggests = Possibly?

What a shocker, huh? A billionth offense is treated more harshly than a first.

Of course, you might have known this already had you gone to law school. But, you obviously didn't.

Yep. Repeat pretender.