Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

5 years after Brady retires is a long time.

Who knows what the consensus of the writers who vote will be like at that time.

Hell, they have (absurdly BTW) kept Klecko out of the HOF for all these years.

Could have a few that would blackball Brady.

Okay, I just asked because you said it with such nonchalance. 5 years isnt long. Its not long enough for a guy like Barry Bonds. How many years has it been since Pete Rose bet on baseball? Look at A-Rod.

Tom Brady represents the face of a franchise that was part of two of the biggest team scandals in football this century. 

Tom Brady is one of the greatest QB's ever, but whats worst than actually taking steroids is actually having the physical ability but tainting it with stuff like this. Well, actually whats worst than that is watching the NFL allow this to go silent from the SB on to after the draft and for this to be released days after the draft. These guys have gotten crazy favoritism, so much so that the fans of the players can even see stuff like this and honestly think that it would be virtually impossible for Brady not to get in 1st ballot unanimous. And thats not a shot at you, you're a good dude, im speaking generally about patriot fans and the favoritism by virtually everyone involved with football when it comes to this classless cheating organization. 

I guess we'll see the reason why you guys have it so sweet when we see a slap on the wrist for this in comparison to what the team and coach of the Saints had to deal with a couple years back. 

Im about to put my popcorn in the microwave now because this is going to be entertaining lol. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You write like a malfunctioning robot speaks. I don't think you're in a position to be insulting the intelligence of anyone else.

I like the idea of him twitching and juddering like the mask in Total Recall, but instead of "two weeks," he just keeps muttering "Patriot Way...Patriot Way..."

Okay, I just asked because you said it with such nonchalance. 5 years isnt long. Its not long enough for a guy like Barry Bonds. How many years has it been since Pete Rose bet on baseball? Look at A-Rod.

Tom Brady represents the face of a franchise that has represented two of the biggest team scandals in football this century. 

Tom Brady is one of the greatest QB's ever, but whats worst than actually taking steroids is actually having the physical ability but tainting it with stuff like this. Well, actually whats worst than that is watching the NFL allow this to go silent from the SB on to after the draft and for this to be released days after the draft. These guys have gotten crazy favoritism, so much so that the fans of the players can even see stuff like this and honestly think that it would be virtually impossible for Brady not to get in 1st ballot unanimous. And thats not a shot at you, you're a good dude, im speaking generally about patriot fans and the favoritism by virtually everyone involved with football when it comes to this classless cheating organization. 

I guess we'll see the reason why you guys have it so sweet when we see a slap on the wrist for this in comparison to what the team and coach of the Saints had to deal with a couple years back. 

Im about to put my popcorn in the microwave now because this is going to be entertaining lol.

I'm already on my 2nd bowel of popcorn.

BTW, that was a good post.

I love how Pats fans go from abject denial to justification.  Wonder boy got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and lied about it.  The lies will cost him more than the act I think as it really shows he real arrogance not he choir boy image he tries to portray.  It will be interesting if small hands Tom will have trouble this year as I am sure the refs will be to the letter this year. the other thing to consider is based on the text this was happening for several games this year if not for several seasons.  My guess is 8 games a 250k fine (like he cares) and a draft pick (3 - 5th) as even if Bill did not know of it, as it was Pats equipment people, he should have had better institutional control.  If its no big deal why not let him just use a college ball while the other team has to use the pro ball.  If as they claim he is so great that he does not need the advantage why did he do it?

Not a good example.  The Bears D had a 101.7 QB rating against.

You're right.....here's his stats from the previous week vs. the Jets and their cornerbacks:

New England Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG T. Brady 20/37 261 7.1 3 0 1-1 81.7 103.5 Team 20/37 260 7.1 3 0 1-1 -- --

biggest thing I take away is a significant drop in completion % and AVG all against the worst secondary in the league. This was the game he was pissed about balls not being deflated according to texts

The abnormal fumble rate compared to the other 31 teams through many years of Tom Brady certainly suggests that this specific form of New England cheating has been going on for many years.

The only disappointment I had with the technical appendices is that they did not address that issue, The fact that the fumble rate dropped precipitously the same year the ball-handling rule changed is pretty damning. It would have been illuminating if analysis of fumble rates had been included in the report. Remember, Goodell said the league wanted to know if the cheating affected more than one game. I think an analysis like that could effectively show it did. 

I love how Pats fans go from abject denial to justification.  Wonder boy got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and lied about it.  The lies will cost him more than the act I think as it really shows he real arrogance not he choir boy image he tries to portray.  It will be interesting if small hands Tom will have trouble this year as I am sure the refs will be to the letter this year. the other thing to consider is based on the text this was happening for several games this year if not for several seasons.  My guess is 8 games a 250k fine (like he cares) and a draft pick (3 - 5th) as even if Bill did not know of it, as it was Pats equipment people, he should have had better institutional control.  If its no big deal why not let him just use a college ball while the other team has to use the pro ball.  If as they claim he is so great that he does not need the advantage why did he do it?

This!

To all people that say it didn't help and no big deal...Question, Why did he do it?

He cheated which resulted in a serious competitive advantage, then lied about it, then tried to cover it up....

Now he's making equipment guys take the fall, having his father protecting him and unwilling to act like a man and simply admit what he did.

This is a bad guy, no other way to see it.

I said it in the thread where brady was obviously lying through his teeth to the nation;

the cover up is worse than the crime.

they way they should have handled it was obvious.  the should have stepped up to the microphone, admitted they did it, and said simply "and we would have won that game if we played with an australian rules football or a rugby ball.  we kicked their asses"

but nooooooooooo

they had to get cute and deny it

there are 31 billionaires putting the heat on gooddell to stop this sh*t once and for all

he needs to bring the hammer down

BB will get suspended as well 

Yeah, they're going to have to err on the side of aggression rather than going soft.

There's a lot of public pressure and they won't want to risk a backlash of negativity as they gone too light before..

And Goodel thought he was cute when he ridiculously punished Payton - it's come back to haunt him - he now has very little choice but to suspend Bellichick.

Brady gets suspended, Pats will lose a draft pick and Kraft will be fined.

You dont think that the league will suspend Belichick? I ask because the NFL has made the precedent with Sean Payton's bountygate situation, suspending him for an entire year for something that he said he didnt know about and there was no actual evidence to confirm that he had actual foreknowledge. 

How long do you think Brady will be suspended for? 

Also, I ask the questions because I really want to know what a Pats fan thinks about it, while also bringing up other occurrences as a reference. You're a more sensible Pats fan, I'd like to see if you think that your team may be dealt with differently than other team, even with the past history such as spygate. 

Emm.i would not go that far given what the numbers were for the superbowl and thats after a.peterson, r.rice etc.

I understand about the integrity of the game and not arguing opposite of that. Im just saying the pats are not gonna fall hard like revival fans want.

MBlS7Wr.gif

You dont think that the league will suspend Belichick? I ask because the NFL has made the precedent with Sean Payton's bountygate situation, suspending him for an entire year for something that he said he didnt know about and there was no actual evidence to confirm that he had actual foreknowledge. 

Also, I ask the questions because I really want to know what a Pats fan thinks about it, while also bringing up other occurrences as a reference. You're a more sensible Pats fan, I'd like to see if you think that your team may be dealt with differently than other team, even with the past history such as spygate. 

Didn't they lower the boom on Payton for trying to cover it up?

Payton was charged with constructive knowledge. From what I've seen the report seems to absolve Belichick there, though I can't imagine why.

Why do you guys want Brady suspended? I want to beat him not rely on Goodell to pretend to be a real commisioner

personally I want the bullsh*t to just stop

just line up and play ball

like a 3 year old, you need consequences to shape behavior

Yeah, they're going to have to err on the side of aggression rather than going soft.

There's a lot of public pressure and they won't want to risk a backlash of negativity as they gone too light before..

And Goodel thought he was cute when he ridiculously punished Payton - it's come back to haunt him - he now has very little choice but to suspend Bellichick.

Kraft will be biting Goodell extra hard under the covers by the time this is all over 

Like I said earlier, the report completely exonerated BB. It's not like Sean Peyton where everything happened in his locker room.

I think Brady will get suspended for 2-4 games.

Pats will also lose a high round draft pick next year.

Nope, the report completely exonerated BB.

Not when this is the 2nd/3rd time that a team that you're coaching has been caught cheating. 

It gets to the point where obviously the "head" coach is the one setting the culture. BB should not be exonerated from anything. Like what the NFL said to Sean Payton during bountygate when they suspended him for a year "As the head coach Its your job to know whats going on with your team". 

Archived