Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

Not when this is the 2nd/3rd time that a team that you're coaching has been caught cheating. 

It gets to the point where obviously the "head" coach is the one setting the culture. BB should not be exonerated from anything. Like what the NFL said about Sean Payton during bountygate when they suspended him for a year "As the head coach Its your job to know whats going on". 

Exactly dont waste your time with PatsFanTXTROLL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not when this is the 2nd/3rd time that a team that you're coaching has been caught cheating. 

It gets to the point where obviously the "head" coach is the one setting the culture. BB should not be exonerated from anything. Like what the NFL said to Sean Payton during bountygate when they suspended him for a year "As the head coach Its your job to know whats going on with your team". 

Is that an actual quote?  Because if it is, there's simply no way you can let BB off the hook...

Like I said earlier, the report completely exonerated BB. It's not like Sean Peyton where everything happened in his locker room.

I think Brady will get suspended for 2-4 games.

Pats will also lose a high round draft pick next year.

Okay, fair enough. 

For the record. You sitting on a Jets website and "holding yourself to the fire" when your team is dead wrong takes balls. I'll leave you be today and i'll take my shot at you once im on my next bowl of popcorn tomorrow! lol. 

Can you imagine Brady being suspended for the opening Thursday Night game where their Championship* Banner is raised? I hope it happens but won't be surprised when it doesn't......in fact I'd be shocked if it does.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You're right.....here's his stats from the previous week vs. the Jets and their cornerbacks:

New England Passing   C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG T. Brady 20/37 261 7.1 3 0 1-1 81.7 103.5 Team 20/37 260 7.1 3 0 1-1 -- --

biggest thing I take away is a significant drop in completion % and AVG all against the worst secondary in the league. This was the game he was pissed about balls not being deflated according to texts

He was pissed, but the guy said they were almost 16 lbs.  It is what it is.

I said it in the thread where brady was obviously lying through his teeth to the nation;

the cover up is worse than the crime.

they way they should have handled it was obvious.  the should have stepped up to the microphone, admitted they did it, and said simply "and we would have won that game if we played with an australian rules football or a rugby ball.  we kicked their asses"

but nooooooooooo

they had to get cute and deny it

there are 31 billionaires putting the heat on gooddell to stop this sh*t once and for all

he needs to bring the hammer down

100% agree.  I think this is what gets Brady a suspension.

Deflating balls happens, but not be forthcoming is going to hurt him.

Is that an actual quote?  Because if it is, there's simply no way you can let BB off the hook...

The quote was: "Ignorance is not a suitable defense. If  you didnt know exactly what was going on in your program, thats no excuse. You should have known."

That came directly from Roger Goodell. 

That's all fine. Again, knowing why the league can't prove competitive advantage doesn't mean that I think that they had to do so.

You criticize me for troll punching Jeanie and her X chromosomes, then go and do the same to jgb? Heh.

The quote was: "Ignorance is not a suitable defense. If  you didnt know exactly what was going on in your program, thats no excuse. You should have known."

Wow, just wow...

Bellichick is going down!

I don't think that's what led to Payton's suspension, however.  I don't think that there is strict vicarious liability for the HC anytime there is a violation by someone on his team.  I think the precedential weight being given to the Bountygate penalties in this thread is probably misplaced.

I don't remember the details myself, but here is what ESPN said about it at the time:

According to the league, Payton ignored instructions from the NFL and Saints ownership to make sure bounties weren't being paid. The league also chastised him for choosing to "falsely deny that the program existed," and for trying to "encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to 'make sure our ducks are in a row.' "

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

I don't think that's what led to Payton's suspension, however.  I don't think that there is strict vicarious liability for the HC anytime there is a violation by someone on his team.  I think the precedential weight being given to the Bountygate penalties in this thread is probably misplaced.

I don't remember the details myself, but here is what ESPN said about it at the time:

According to the league, Payton ignored instructions from the NFL and Saints ownership to make sure bounties weren't being paid. The league also chastised him for choosing to "falsely deny that the program existed," and for trying to "encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to 'make sure our ducks are in a row.' "

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

BB did virtually everything you highlighted with deflate gate.

The Pats knew people had complained about deflated ball prior...

Bellichick got up on national TV and gave some ridiculous science explanation that was so obviously a lie..

When finding out about the quotes from sources internally (which he had to know via the phone results) he didn't come out and tell the league of wrongdoing.

BB did virtually everything you highlighted with deflate gate.

Here is the full list from Bounty Gate.  Where in the Wells Report is analogous conduct by BB referenced?

Commissioner Goodell stated that the actions of the individuals disciplined today violated league rules and constituted conduct detrimental to the league and players. He said the existence of a pay-for-performance/bounty program undermined the integrity of the game. The violations were compounded by the failure of Coach Payton to supervise the players and coaches and his affirmative decision starting in 2010 (a) not to inquire into the facts concerning the pay-for-performance/bounty program even though he was aware of the league's inquiries both in 2010 and 2012; b. to falsely deny that the program existed; © to encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to "make sure our ducks are in a row;" and (d) to ignore instructions from the league office and club ownership to ensure that no such program existed.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/full_release_from_the_nfl_on_s.html

Here is the full list from Bounty Gate.  Where in the Wells Report is analogous conduct by BB referenced?

Commissioner Goodell stated that the actions of the individuals disciplined today violated league rules and constituted conduct detrimental to the league and players. He said the existence of a pay-for-performance/bounty program undermined the integrity of the game. The violations were compounded by the failure of Coach Payton to supervise the players and coaches and his affirmative decision starting in 2010 (a) not to inquire into the facts concerning the pay-for-performance/bounty program even though he was aware of the league's inquiries both in 2010 and 2012; ( B) to falsely deny that the program existed; © to encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to "make sure our ducks are in a row;" and (d) to ignore instructions from the league office and club ownership to ensure that no such program existed.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/03/full_release_from_the_nfl_on_s.html

Once again...Exactly.

I could take each one of those accusations and apply an incredibily similar accusation to BB in the deflate gate scenario...

Commissioner Goodell stated that the actions of the individuals disciplined today violated league rules and constituted conduct detrimental to the league and players. He said the existence of a pay-for-performance/bounty program undermined the integrity of the game. The violations were compounded by the failure of Coach Payton to supervise the players and coaches and his affirmative decision starting in 2010 (a) not to inquire into the facts concerning the pay-for-performance/bounty program even though he was aware of the league's inquiries both in 2010 and 2012; b. to falsely deny that the program existed; © to encourage the false denials by instructing assistants to "make sure our ducks are in a row;" and (d) to ignore instructions from the league office and club ownership to ensure that no such program existed.

and his affirmative decision starting in prior weeks (a) not to inquire into the facts concerning deflated balls being used by his team; b. to falsely deny that the balls were deflated; © to not reveal facts he learned about what happened from equipment managers within the organziation (d) to ignore instructions from the league office and in conjunction with club ownership to deny that no such program existed.

Mark me as a fan who does not care what the punishments are.  I won't care if there is no penalty.  The damage is done and there is no way to turn it around no matter how much you want to spin it.  All I do is laugh.  

AND FOR ALL THE PATS FANS, YOU HAVE A POST DEDICATED TO THE JETS SUCKING.  THERE IS NO POST HERE FOR THE PATS.  WHICH IS INCREDIBLE CONSIDERING YOUR SUCCESS.  PATS FANS ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT OBSESSED WITH THE JETS AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND

personally I want the bullsh*t to just stop

just line up and play ball

like a 3 year old, you need consequences to shape behavior

I get that but if idiot Idzik signs Revis and Desean last year we kick the S out of the patriots deflated balls or not

Wow, just wow...

Bellichick is going down!

Probably not, this is Belichick and the Patriots, ran by Kraft. The NFL swept this under the rug from the SB on to after the draft. Granted, the Patriots winning the SB especially in the fashion that they did helped ALOT to tame the flames, but I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt punished. The Patriot organization runs the NFL. It's to the point where players will go on camera during a SB presser and say something like this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gjb58ClNb0

To us fans this is total primetime entertainment, but if you really think about what Richard Sherman just did. That indictment speaks volumes because it shows that this isnt just "hate" towards a football team thats just good. This team and organization leaves quite the sour taste in the mouth of alot of important people, even beyond the players. And there's no reason for Sherman to hate. Seahawks have owned the Pats the past few years leading up to the superbowl. 

Having this type of sentiment throughout the league isnt good, yet here we are. And for that reason, I feel that the Patriots have a massive influence over the NFL, because they surely act above the law with no repercussions. 

and his affirmative decision starting in prior weeks (a) not to inquire into the facts concerning deflated balls being used by his team; b. to falsely deny that the balls were deflated; © to not reveal facts he learned about what happened from equipment managers within the organziation (d) to ignore instructions from the league office and in conjunction with club ownership to deny that no such program existed.

Changing a couple of words from the Bountygate report does not make the situations analogous.  The Wells report exonerates Belichick.  In contrast, the Bounty Gate investigation concluded that Payton ignored league directives and participated in the cover-up. 

I get that but if idiot Idzik signs Revis and Desean last year we kick the S out of the patriots deflated balls or not

Stop living in a dreamworld.

The Pats have kicked the Jets ass for well over a decade now.

It won't stop this year either.

Changing a couple of words from the Bountygate report does not make the situations analogous.  The Wells report exonerates Belichick.  In contrast, the Bounty Gate investigation concluded that Payton ignored league directives and participated in the cover-up. 

the situations aren't analogous - The Pats cheated - the Saints didn't...

But certainly you can see BB committed similar offenses as per the quote you used to declare BB innocence.

And the report did NOT exonerate BB - It simply didn't mention him - While it's unlikely he didn't know he was certainly part of a cover-up and didn't do anything to stop it once he knew about it (assuming he didn't know prior - which is highly unlikely)  

Make all the excuses you want - the organization is corrupt from ownership to the Head coach to their QB all the way down to equipment managers...

It's a disgrace to the league and they should be punished severely.

What I know is what Goodell mentioned during the suspension. Whether or not that statement was the reason for the suspension isnt the point, the point was the actual statement itself. He said that ignorance is not a suitable defense and its not an excuse. 

BB is a guy who seems to have a football team who will cheat with or without his knowledge. Given the history this should be looked at from a lens that this team under this coach is a multiple offender of league rules, undermining the integrity of the game. Thats one of the worst things you could do. 

Seahawks have owned the Pats the past few years leading up to the superbowl. 

Since 2004, the Pats and Seahawks have played 4 times.

In those games, the Seahawks are 1-3 against the Pats.

That is quite some ownage.

Archived