Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you take the time to visit a rival site I have to think you care at least a little. I care and I'm not even a Pats fan. I care because your team is destroying the integrity of the game I grew up watching and even shared with my kids. Kinda gross.

Just my team huh? Not the Saints, the Falcons, 49ers front office during thier championship run.

Ok got you. i guess...

The great thing about this is Bradys dad,Kraft, his agent can whine as much as they want and make any kind of statement they want but they are not going to do anything about any punishment handed down.  They can't, their hands are tied.  If they tryand take legal action or make some kind of hard appeal that simply opens the vault even wider.  there is nothing more that I would like in this case than for someone, anyone bring this into a legal situation where there must be concrete proof.

That would open up subpoenas for Bradys phone, testifying under oath and very serious consequences of perjury.  ZERO chance that there is any kind of concrete appeal to punishment here.

Also, notice how Goodell has distanced himself from this one tossing it in the lap of Vincent whereas he was front and center on all other major punishments?

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"? Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this? And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence? And yes, the law firm was paid for their work. That is how it is done. This is really desperate stuff.

The theory is likely that by fixing the blame on Brady and others, the report insulates the league from criticism regarding its shoddy protocols and from the fact that it may have knowingly allowed balls to be used in the 1st half of the AFC championship game that were not inflated to league standards.

And more than that, I think they're all covering for Belichick. Brady refused to hand over his phone to investigators, but that didn't help him when they got hold of the phones of the two locker room attendants. But what if those aren't the only guys Brady had 20 minute phone conversations or texts with? You don't think he was in steady communication with Bill Belichick? That Bill wasn't telling him to cover his t, this investigation racks as best as possible? I haven't heard anywhere about the investigators even asking for Belichick's phone while allegedly absolving him. Seems convenient. 

To me, it's ridiculous to think that Belichick didn't know exactly what was going on with Brady's balls. The man is all about overseeing every little thing that team does. 

True dat.

Also, this investigation did not focus on WR's, TE's and RB's the Patsies's have.

If you are holding onto the ball you have to know what was going on.

Just my team huh? Not the Saints, the Falcons, 49ers front office during thier championship run.

Ok got you. i guess...

Please dude.  Your team has practically a century worth of finding ways to circumvent the rules of the game.  I guess after the "tuck rule" you guys just figured it was your right to win regardless of the rules?  What it seems like.  From Kraft to Belii and Brady the entire Patriot family of deception seem to enjoy cheating to win more than actually winning.  

You gotta be kidding me.

What's there to love about this cheating douchebag scum. I am sure as a guy who caught those deflated balls he is aware of what exactly was going on. He should have been investigated.

On top of that in this video he is using charities for kids as cover from answering questions about Deflategate. That is essentially the lowest of lowlife stuff right there.

lets not lose sight this also helped the Pats have fewest fumbles of any NFL team since Brady there.. competitve advantage goes beyond just throwing/gripping ball and making it easier to catch..it effects BIGGEST factor in a game, aka TURNOVERS

That's what i am wondering WHY none of the WR's, TE's and RB's are part of the investigation. They are accessories to this cheating. The suspension should be for all people who are directly and indirectly beneficiaries of these deflated balls.

Please dude.  Your team has practically a century worth of finding ways to circumvent the rules of the game.  I guess after the "tuck rule" you guys just figured it was your right to win regardless of the rules?  What it seems like.  From Kraft to Belii and Brady the entire Patriot family of deception seem to enjoy cheating to win more than actually winning.  

The "tuck rule" ha ha you mean the same rule that did benefit other teams as well...ahh ok!

And "you guys" word, I play for the patriots too, ok? Look why would I expect you to feel any different, I don't.  If the ruling is not good enough for you go take it up with congress, don't watch football anymore, do whatever floats your boat. Like i said, their actions do not represent me, so you don't like them, ehhh, cool whatever.

That's what i am wondering WHY none of the WR's, TE's and RB's are part of the investigation. They are accessories to this cheating. The suspension should be for all people who are directly and indirectly beneficiaries of these deflated balls.

they may not have know, but they certainly benefited

The "tuck rule" ha ha you mean the same rule that did benefit other teams as well...ahh ok!

And "you guys" word, I play for the patriots too, ok? Look why would I expect you to feel any different, I don't.  If the ruling is not good enough for you go take it up with congress, don't watch football anymore, do whatever floats your boat. Like i said, their actions doesnt represent me, so you don't like them, ehhh, cool whatever.

Yes.  I should stop watching football because the Patriots can;t stop cheating.  Typical Patriot fan.  

Yes.  I should stop watching football because the Patriots can;t stop cheating.  Typical Patriot fan.  

I dont know what your problem is.....ha ha i'm telling you, you are free to think what you like, and take your own actions if you like and that is a typical Patriot fan reply according to you....ahh ok bruh!

2vcj3tg.gif

Serious question for a moment, talking a break from enjoying the pile on with our resident Pats trolls...

That Wells report news broke around 12:30 pm, Kraft had his response out no later than maybe 30 minutes to an hour at most, how the hell did he get the news so fast and have his publicist draft and then release an in depth response?

How is nobody else picking up on this??

This is just more proof Kraft knew and is plugged in with Goodell and the league...

It will be real interesting how severe the punishment will be when the entire league will be watching how the Pats, now a mutliple cheating offender will be handled by the league!

1. Kraft owns 1/32 of the league. I hope he and all the other owners got a copy of this early.  I would hope as an owner I got it before it went public so I knew how to respond.

On top of that in this video he is using charities for kids as cover from answering questions about Deflategate. That is essentially the lowest of lowlife stuff right there.

Seriously are you a sh*tbag reporter?

How can you defend reporters asking him questions about deflategate when he is at a charity event for children.

Stop being a fanboy and really think that out or at least try.

Plenty of time to question him, but when he is at a charity even that is ridivulous.

1. Kraft owns 1/32 of the league. I hope he and all the other owners got a copy of this early.  I would hope as an owner I got it before it went public so I knew how to respond.

Exactly.

Hey, a sh*t storm is about to start.

LOL  I know right?  I seriously look like Joe Montana when playing with that little ball my son has. 

That's part of the reason so many QB's and WRs never make the transition to the NFL level. it's not an insignificant thing changing to the NFL ball.  It's real. 

Right. But I was disappointed the investigation did not consider the improvement in the Pats' fumble rate since the rule change. That could have set the groundwork for some incredibly serious punishments, As it is, we have too rely too much on Goodell's integrity to mete out a suitably tough punishment.

Seriously are you a sh*tbag reporter?

How can you defend reporters asking him questions about deflategate when he is at a charity event for children.

Stop being a fanboy and really think that out or at least try.

Plenty of time to question him, but when he is at a charity even that is ridivulous.

Seriously? It's not like they were asking about one of his teammates murdering someone. Though they could have and it would have still been relevant. 

He plays for the Patriots. He catches passes from Tom Brady. Do you think the TV reporter was there to cover the charity event? 

Grow up. 

The theory is likely that by fixing the blame on Brady and others, the report insulates the league from criticism regarding its shoddy protocols and from the fact that it may have knowingly allowed balls to be used in the 1st half of the AFC championship game that were not inflated to league standards.

Great point, we should blame the NFL for spygate and deflategate. 

HAHAHHAHAHHAAAA!

As a lawyer who has worked in BigLaw my whole career ... that theory is idiotic.  Not only would the league be better served by a report that says 'the drop in PSI is likely due to scientific factors' (which would both protect the league and Brady), but the firm has no incentive to write a report that finds Brady likely guilty.  None. 

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

"The Wells report, with all due respect, is a significant and terrible disappointment. It’s omission of key facts and lines of inquiry suggest the investigators reached a conclusion first, and then determined so-called facts later. One item alone taints this entire report. What does it say about the league office’s protocols and ethics when it allows one team to tip it off to an issue prior to a championship game, and no league officials or game officials notified the Patriots of the same issue prior to the game? This suggests it may be more probable than not that the league cooperated with the Colts in perpetrating a sting operation. The Wells report buries this issue in a footnote on page 46 without any further elaboration. The league is a significant client of the investigators' law firm; it appears to be a rich source of billings and media exposure based on content in the law firm's website. This was not an independent investigation and the contents of the report bear that out – all one has to do is read closely and critically, as opposed to simply reading headlines. The investigators' assumptions and inferences are easily debunked or subject to multiple interpretations. Much of the report’s vulnerabilities are buried in the footnotes, which is a common legal writing tactic. It is a sad day for the league as it has abdicated the resolution of football-specific issues to people who don’t understand the context or culture of the sport. I was physically present for my client’s interview. I have verbatim notes of the interview. Tom made himself available for nearly an entire day and patiently answered every question. It was clear to me the investigators had limited understanding of professional football. For reasons unknown, the Wells report omitted nearly all of Tom’s testimony, most of which was critical because it would have provided this report with the context that it lacks. Mr. Wells promised back in January to share the results of this investigation publicly, so why not follow through and make public all of the information gathered and let the public draw its own conclusions? This report contains significant and tragic flaws, and it is common knowledge in the legal industry that reports like this generally are written for the benefit of the purchaser."

"Benefit of the purchaser"?  Why would it benefit the NFL to have its biggest marquee star and dynasty team get slammed like this?  And is he saying that the NFL should have accused them of cheating before the game without any evidence?  And yes, the law firm was paid for their work.  That is how it is done.  This is really desperate stuff.

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Testimony?  You really think they are gojng to press for further details amongst all of their outrage?  The more the Pats side of the conflict presses for more 'proof' the more that opens things up for going after 'proof'.   I can can only hope that the pats or their lawyers or bradys agent takes that next step, them taking real legal action would be the best thing possible. 

Yes.

Honestly dude, this is more pathetic than your lame Spygate defense. 

Yes.

Your indignation delights me. :happy0071:

\

To me, it's ridiculous to think that Belichick didn't know exactly what was going on with Brady's balls. The man is all about overseeing every little thing that team does. 

100%.   if given a choice, I'd much rather see Belicheats legacy tarnished. He was certainly behind it

As a lawyer who has worked in BigLaw my whole career ... that theory is idiotic.  Not only would the league be better served by a report that says 'the drop in PSI is likely due to scientific factors' (which would both protect the league and Brady), but the firm has no incentive to write a report that finds Brady likely guilty.  None. 

That theory's been working in BigLaw for your whole career?  :rimshot:

Seriously, though, the two points are not mutually exclusive.  Wells writes a report that finds Brady likely guilty BECAUSE HE IS, yet at the same time minimizes the league's complicity in the violation.  For example, if playing with deflated footballs is such a heinous competitive violation, why, when league and field officials are on notice, and the balls mysteriously disappear from the locker room (for the first time in Walt Anderson's-19 year officiating history, no less), do the balls just get put into play in the AFCC without further testing?  I think that is a fair point that can be taken from Yee's statement (once you cut through his agenda as Brady's agent). 

Testimony?  You really think they are gojng to press for further details amongst all of their outrage?  The more the Pats side of the conflict presses for more 'proof' the more that opens things up for going after 'proof'.   I can can only hope that the pats or their lawyers or bradys agent takes that next step, them taking real legal action would be the best thing possible. 

You really are not very bright are you.  Time to get your head  out of the sand.  If Brady and his agent take this to court the NFL can subpena his cell phone provider.  His historical call records and texts will be there.  There was a reason why he did not give it up (other than the naked Gisele pics and sex videos. Hey props for those Tom)  He will then be implicated beyond a shadow of a doubt.    Better to publicly complain and state your innocence while  crying about the futility of fighting the system and will take whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.  That way he can look the martyr rather than proven the cheater.

Archived