Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERYTHING TOM BRADY HAS EVER "ACCOMPLISHED" IS SUSPECT. CHEAYER

Agreed, the major issue on the Wells report is that Brady and two members of the Patriots staff really hit hard based on text messages.

Kind of explains why Brady's agent went ape nuts this afternoon...

...Pats will be fined, Brady will be fined, if not on suspension for up to a year.

That theory's been working in BigLaw for your whole career?  :rimshot:

Seriously, though, the two points are not mutually exclusive.  Wells writes a report that finds Brady likely guilty BECAUSE HE IS, yet at the same time minimizes the league's complicity in the violation.  For example, if playing with deflated footballs is such a heinous competitive violation, why, when league and field officials are on notice, and the balls mysteriously disappear from the locker room (for the first time in Walt Anderson's-19 year officiating history, no less), do the balls just get put into play in the AFCC without further testing?  I think that is a fair point that can be taken from Yee's statement (once you cut through his agenda as Brady's agent). 

Why was Sean Payton suspended for a year for something he knew nothing about??

The bottom line is this. If Goodell doesn't suspend Brady, then he will get blasted by the other 31 franchises and millions of those fans for showing favoritism.

If he suspends too much, the NFLPA is going to get involved.

It will probably a 1-2 game suspension for him.

You really are not very bright are you.  Time to get your head  out of the sand.  If Brady and his agent take this to court the NFL can subpena his cell phone provider.  His historical call records and texts will be there.  There was a reason why he did not give it up (other than the naked Gisele pics and sex videos. Hey props for those Tom)  He will then be implicated beyond a shadow of a doubt.    Better to publicly complain and state your innocence while  crying about the futility of fighting the system and will take whatever punishment is deemed appropriate.  That way he can look the martyr rather than proven the cheater.

LOL  I love the 1st sentence you posted.  My post and all my other posts on the subject have said EXACTLY the same thing you just post.  What an utter buffoon.

No one mentions the Ravens game. The Ravens tipped off the Colts. Obviously the Pats didn't need to cheat to beat Indy, but what about Baltimore???? That's the real issue. Why doesn't anyone address that on ESPN???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The text messages show that they have been doing this the entire year. sh*t, you know this has been going in for a while now, look at the fumble numbers, the cold weather games, and the home record. They aint sh*t without cheating. 

As a baseball fan, I find this whole situation ridiculous on 8696063 different levels.

My thoughts exactly.

If a pitcher scuffs a ball, he Is ejected, fined and suspened.

How is this any different?

Yes.

Google it.  That company specializes in providing 'scientific' reports that back the people that hire them.

They had a report that argued second hand smoke does not cause cancer.  Read that again. 

His lawyer brings up a great question where is Tom's testimony?  You want to paint a brush with texts and infer conclusions, what was Tom asked?  What did he say?  I hope Yee publishes his notes.  

Well, I looked at the technical appendices and I think they did a great job. Of course, as a Jet fan, my impartial scientific credentials might be questioned. But the nice thing about science is that anyone can read those appendices and reach their own conclusions. Personally, I think the work will stand up to scrutiny. But let's see if there are technical objections raised from other quarters. Now, please notice I am only interested in technical objections, not polemics based on supposed biased reports from the past.

The text messages show that they have been doing this the entire year. sh*t, you know this has been going in for a while now, look at the fumble numbers, the cold weather games, and the home record. They aint sh*t without cheating. 

Well, not the entire year.  Or are you saying they cheated at home against the Jets and in the SB against the Seahawks as well? 

Why was Sean Payton suspended for a year for something he knew nothing about??

BB could very well be suspended as a result of this.  But I don't think the parallels to Payton are that strong.  From what I understand of Bounty Gate, Payton was advised by the league a couple of years earlier that there were rumors of bounties in his locker room and he did not investigate, the program was being run by his defensive coordinator with the involvement of his entire defense (as opposed to, according to the Wells report, just one player and no coaches), and Payton was implicated by the league investigation rather than exonerated.  

Seriously are you a sh*tbag reporter?

How can you defend reporters asking him questions about deflategate when he is at a charity event for children.

Stop being a fanboy and really think that out or at least try.

Plenty of time to question him, but when he is at a charity even that is ridivulous.

Pats and their fans have lost the right of self indignation is any form, shape or manner.

The Patriots are cheats and douchebags of the lowest kind and their  fans who carry the water for them are even worse.

P.S: Next time spare me the personal attacks.

Well, I looked at the technical appendices and I think they did a great job. Of course, as a Jet fan, my impartial scientific credentials might be questioned. But the nice thing about science is that anyone can read those appendices and reach their own conclusions. Personally, I think the work will stand up to scrutiny. But let's see if there are technical objections raised from other quarters. Now, please notice I am only interested in technical objections, not polemics based on supposed biased reports from the past.

Whoever made the point that lawyers can hire "experts" to support questionable propositions was correct.  HOWEVER, the idea that the NFL or its investigators went into this with a result-oriented approach defies common sense.  If anything, it was in the best interests of the NFL that they find no rules violations, particularly against Brady.  He is the biggest star in the league and the leader of a New England dynasty.  It does not help the NFL in any way manner or form to knock him down. 

Also, these types of independent investigations are very different from the type of advocacy where experts will support a weak or extreme position.  IN this case, Wells's firm is not an advocate but has been hired to uncover the truth and it sure looks like that is what they did here.  In fact, it would have made Wlls's job much easier if the science supported the Patriots' position. 

So was the NFL looking to fry Brady?  No way.  This investigation occurred for two reasons (1) because there was smoke (the 11 out of 12 under-inflated balls); and (2) to appease the Colts and the other parties complaining about what apparently were fairly widely known practices.

Also, the suggestion that Wells's law firm benefits from a finding of responsibility is laughable.  As mentioned, they get substantial work from the NFL.  By finding responsibility on the part of Brady and the Patriots, if anything, they endanger that continued revenue on a going-forward basis.  After this blows over, don't you think Kraft will be in Goodell's ear about how he should never again use those bastards who railroaded Tommy again?  There are a lot of good law firms who do this type of work out there.  The risk of not getting hired the next time around is far less if they find that there wasn't enough evidence.

LOL  I love the 1st sentence you posted.  My post and all my other posts on the subject have said EXACTLY the same thing you just post.  What an utter buffoon.

Sorry quoted the wrong thing, was supposed to be the post replay from the Pats fan.

Pats and their fans have lost the right of self indignation is any form, shape or manner.

The Patriots are cheats and douchebags of the lowest kind and their fans who carry the water for them are even worse.

P.S: Next time spare me the personal attacks.

Pats fans personally attacking Jets fans on a Jets Message board should be banned.

Pats* fans are saying this was a "sting". The victim mentality is hilarious with that fan base.

So he admitted they were cheating and was upset that they didn't warn him in advance so he could stop?

Pats fans personally attacking Jets fans on a Jets Message board should be banned.

They are hurting now.. I can understand. Most are great fans on greta run. It must hurt like hell to relaize (like Yanks did w/Arod, and Cards w/McGwire) taht it was all won w/unfait advantage and complete disdain for fairness. And add in thier heroes lied to Commish.

Then add in fact they now know when they wear Pats gear anywhere outside of Mass. from now on, they will hear snickers, laughs and headshakes as opposed to the 'hold head high' attitude I assume they had before. Those days are over. They are the {oster Boys for whats wrong in sports now and will have to pay the price in at minimum Pride and realization of tarnished SB wins and asterisks galore, even if no penaltys come from a Commish who is afraid of backlash of such a horrific decade long cheating scandal. I assume NFL tries to sweep under carpet, but Pats and fans wearing gear will be laughing stocks outside of Mass.

Well, not the entire year.  Or are you saying they cheated at home against the Jets and in the SB against the Seahawks as well? 

You have been cheating since Spygate, this is not the first time you get caught, remember? If you think they only cheated vs the Colts then I don't even know what to say to you. 

Oh wait I do know what to say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

The whole thing about this pattern of cheating is what else have they done and gotten away with?

If you see a guy in the courts that has 4 drunk driving convictions and a driving with suspended license then you know for every time he has been caught he has gotten away with it 10-20 times.

Even the tackle eligible scenario last year.  Do you think no other team thought of that exploit before?  Just another change in the rules to plug a seedy loophole used by the Pats.  Use every advantage, and come as close as possible to the line.  That culture ends up with people crossing the line and thinking it is acceptable.

They are hurting now.. I can understand. Most are great fans on greta run. It must hurt like hell to relaize (like Yanks did w/Arod, and Cards w/McGwire) taht it was all won w/unfait advantage and complete disdain for fairness. And add in thier heroes lied to Commish.

Then add in fact they now know when they wear Pats gear anywhere outside of Mass. from now on, they will hear snickers, laughs and headshakes as opposed to the 'hold head high' attitude I assume they had before. Those days are over. They are the {oster Boys for whats wrong in sports now and will have to pay the price in at minimum Pride and realization of tarnished SB wins and asterisks galore, even if no penaltys come from a Commish who is afraid of backlash of such a horrific decade long cheating scandal. I assume NFL tries to sweep under carpet, but Pats and fans wearing gear will be laughing stocks outside of Mass.

The road games for the Pats will sure be fun this year, opposing fans will go freaking crazy on the Pats and their fans. CHEATERS! CHEATERS! CHEATERS!! Its going to be fun.

Seriously? It's not like they were asking about one of his teammates murdering someone. Though they could have and it would have still been relevant. 

He plays for the Patriots. He catches passes from Tom Brady. Do you think the TV reporter was there to cover the charity event? 

Grow up. 

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

At some point, when  not surrounded by kids, he left.  Then it is game on.

Very true.  I am not saying he should not be asked, but wait until after the event instead of during the event. 

At some point, when  not surrounded by kids, he left.  Then it is game on.

She didn't ask him during the event. He was asked as he was leaving:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tv-reporter-asks-gronk-about-ballghazi-gronk-flexes-in-1702683047

Archived