Sign in to follow this  
Jet Fan RI

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

If Tom wasn't guilty, then he would have taken the easy opportunity to prove it. Tom's phone probably indicts people higher up in the organization as well... Like his sh*tbag coach.

exactly

I think the issue of guilt has already been clearly established - virtually everyone except Brady's father, agent, team owner and a few hold-out Fan Boys are the only ones still making excuses...

The real question now is - What will be the punishment?

Brady - Should be a year - will be 2 games

Bellicheck - Should be 4 games - will be none

Draft Picks - Should be a 1st - will be a 3rd

Kraft - should be fined - I have no idea how much is appropriate.

If Tom wasn't guilty, then he would have taken the easy opportunity to prove it. Tom's phone probably indicts people higher up in the organization as well... Like his sh*tbag coach.

Omerta

Unless we get an honest accounting of how many people knew about it and how long the cheating has been going on then the NFL really needs to assume the worst which is that all of the higher ups were in on the cheating and that it has been a practice since 2006/2007 when the rate of fumbles changed so dramatically.

Over/Under on the chances for an honest accounting? 

To quote Allen Iverson, you are talking about practice, not a game, but practice.  Practice.  I cannot remember the rest otherwise I would go on.

hmmm ok welll

to quote the immortal melvin udall

People who talk in metaphores ought to shampoo my crotch

even if no punishment, it will be interesting to see Pats fumble rate in 2015 and Brady and Pat WR performance # especially in cold weather. Remember, if games closer, passes harder to complete, aka, more turnovers if Pats fumble more =closer games..its like a domino

I know it will be great to see for many, but dont be too shocked to find out the team virtually will be the same. No drop off in performance. (should Brady be QBing..)

100% agree, the great BB, the ultimate control freak now has no idea what is going on in his locker room.....ok., Brady about to take one for the team and probably wind up with % of ownership in 5 years lol
  • Upvote 2

I think the issue of guilt has already been clearly established - virtually everyone except Brady's father, agent, team owner and a few hold-out Fan Boys are the only ones still making excuses...

1) Brady, based on current reports, could be suspended for up to a year ~ could be 8 games in order to appease the NFL Fan & Owners.

2) Bellecheck has been exonerated of this whole thing. He will not be fined. unlike the Sean Payton scenario in New Orleans, the Wells r eport clearly noted that he was not involved in this whole issue.

3) The patrots orgization, not the owner will be fined ~ and it will be substantial. Expect to fine up to $500,000 and a second round pick.

Admitting to wrongdoing just isn't the patriot way.

Weak dude,. YOU said, if he was asked after the event it would be OK. Well the video clearly shows him being asked as he's on his way to his car to leave.

Just admit you were wrong.

1) Brady, based on current reports, could be suspended for up to a year ~ could be 8 games in order to appease the NFL Fan & Owners.

2) Bellecheck has been exonerated of this whole thing. He will not be fined. unlike the Sean Payton scenario in New Orleans, the Wells r eport clearly noted that he was not involved in this whole issue.

3) The patrots orgization, not the owner will be fined ~ and it will be substantial. Expect to fine up to $500,000 and a second round pick.

I really hope you're right on Brady - I would be satisfied with 8 games...

I really don't care about the money as it's irrelevant to the team/Kraft (take salary cap money and that would be interesting) and a 2nd rounder I could live with too.

Battista doesn't **** around. If she's writing it, it means that's the perception at the highest levels of the league.

(The guy from Atlanta that just got suspended for piped in noise had no knowledge of the whole thing.  The payton thing is not far at all from this issue.  Belichick has promoted and fostered a bend the rules to the edge for a long time.  If you don't do anything to Belichick who is in total control of all aspects of his team then nothing should have happened to payton, cerattinly not a year off and notjhing shoudl have happened to the Atl executive.)

Funny how they are going to fine a faceless org and yet in the atl, new orleans and cleveland incidents the execs got fined and or suspended.  $500,000 is way way too low though I don't doubt you may be right about the amount.  Woddy Johnson got fined $100,000 for saying.  I like to have Daryl Revis back.

I think we're going to get our answers today....I'm holding out hope only because this report seems fair and the only way that happened was because the other 31 owners must have really pressed the league to do a legitimate investigation (unlike the Ray Rice video investigation or SpyGate evidence destroying)

Based upon former precedent and the pressure from other league owners I expect the penalties to be relatively serious.

yowsa.  Judy Battista: You go girl!  Nice job.

One thing I completely disagree with in Battista's column:

Nobody who has watched the NFL in the last 15 years thinks Belichick or Brady needed any untoward help to win all those championships..

Nobody? I don't think a single win of theirs is legitimate. We can all argue til we are blue in the face about how much impact any of their cheating methods had. The reality is that none of them, not Bob Kraft, not Bill Belichick, not Tom Brady, knew what the outcome of the games would be when they decided to knowingly break the rules in order to give themselves an unfair advantage. 

Impact is a red herring. 

Intent is what matters. Their intent was to unlevel the playing field. They wouldn't have done it otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

One thing I completely disagree with in Battista's column:

Nobody? I don't think a single win of theirs is legitimate. We can all argue til we are blue in the face about how much impact any of their cheating methods had. The reality is that none of them, Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, none of them knew what the outcome of the games would be when they decided to knowingly break the rules in order to give themselves an unfair advantage. 

Impact is a red herring. 

Intent is what matters. Their intent was to unlevel the playing field. They wouldn't have done it otherwise. 

I would go as far as saying they wouldn't have nearly as impressive...

Assuming those fumble statistics are due to the cheating (which I believe they are and must be) and you would also have to assume dropped passes to be a factor...

If that lack of fumbling, lack of dropped passed cause a two or three game swing each year (and we all know most NFL games come down to one big play or another and turnovers are killers)

That turns a team that win 12-13 games a year to a team that wins 9 or 10 games a years...all of a sudden they are very average...

To say it doesn't matter is simply wrong....

I would go as far as saying they wouldn't have nearly as impressive...

Assuming those fumble statistics are due to the cheating (which I believe they are and must be) and you would also have to assume dropped passes to be a factor...

If that lack of fumbling, lack of dropped passed cause a two or three game swing each year (and we all know most NFL games come down to one big play or another and turnovers are killers)

That turns a team that win 12-13 games a year to a team that wins 9 or 10 games a years...all of a sudden they are very average...

To say it doesn't matter is simply wrong....

I think you are missing my point. My point was aimed at those who will argue that it didn't make a difference. 

I think you are missing my point. My point was aimed at those who will argue that it didn't make a difference. 

I know what you meant - sorry for the confusion...I agree 100% with what you're saying...

I was just taking it a step further...

So in essence Brady didn't turn over his phone with nothing on it which would prove his innocence because he was protecting the players union!!!! Right Tom Brady is a union guy who is protecting the other players in the league.

This is his defense??? This is a joke!!!

I am embarrassed that his counsel would choose such a defense.

Oh and I will say it again nowhere in this stream of nonsense does he say that the phone calls or lack thereof prove that Brady didn't do it!!!

Agreed. Yee just needs to stfu. My favorite is actually the last part of his "defense", which basically amounts to, "we have a bunch of material that would exonerate Brady, but we can't produce it because everyone would think that we either made it up or cherry picked it."

NFL is in a tough spot...just suspended a guy for four games for sending text messages from the booth.  Now they have a star player tampering with equipment over an extended period of time?  In all reality it should be a full season, but there is NO WAY Kraft will sign off on that.  Two games/hefty fine/take a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.

NFL is in a tough spot...just suspended a guy for four games for sending text messages from the booth.  Now they have a star player tampering with equipment over an extended period of time?  In all reality it should be a full season, but there is NO WAY Kraft will sign off on that.  Two games/hefty fine/take a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO.

The thing is I really think Kraft is out of the loop on this one...I honestly believe the other owners had enough of the culture of cheating by the Pats and pressed the league to do the right thing...it's also why this is on Faye Vincent's desk and not Goodell's.

My guess for Brady is 4 or 6 game suspension. Fine for Pats org undetermined amount. No penalty for Bill. There is no way Brady is not getting a suspension

• Upvote 1

The thing is I really think Kraft is out of the loop on this one...I honestly believe the other owners had enough of the culture of cheating by the Pats and pressed the league to do the right thing...it's also why this is on Faye Vincent's desk and not Goodell's.

LOL...I know you meant Troy Vincent but that made me laugh.

I just find it hard to believe Kraft's opinion will be dismissed outright by Goodell...and I know they tell us it's Vincent, but would anyone be shocked to find out that's the line they're feeding us to take the heat off Goodell when it's only a few games?

I doubt the NFL sees itself as being in a tough spot at all.  Goodell has pretty much already indicated throughout the whole Rice/Peterson/Hardy mess that he sees himself as untouchable, and the owners have, for the most part, backed that up.  Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all this nonsense about his and Kraft's relationship being strained is all just PR to get everyone to think that Goodell's actually not working in lockstep with the "assistant commissioner". 

My guess for Brady is 4 or 6 game suspension. Fine for Pats org undetermined amount. No penalty for Bill. There is no way Brady is not getting a suspension

I tend to agree, and I think the Pats -despite their public protestations- are not only resigned to the fact, but signed off on it. This report completely exonerated Belichick without investigating him at all. They failed to get Brady's phone, and never asked for Bill's. I can't imagine anyone who's followed Bill Belichicks career at all believes for a second that he didn't know about Tom's soft balls, or even had a hand in executing the whole thing. If they'd gotten Bill, the whole organization would've been tainted much, much worse. It's a big enough deal that they're letting Brady be the fall guy to protect the franchise.

And they'll accept the penalty because they don't want any further investigation. There's no doubt that Belichick is involved.

• Upvote 2

LOL...I know you meant Troy Vincent but that made me laugh.

I just find it hard to believe Kraft's opinion will be dismissed outright by Goodell...and I know they tell us it's Vincent, but would anyone be shocked to find out that's the line they're feeding us to take the heat off Goodell when it's only a few games?

Yeah, I think there's no doubt it's on Vincent's (I'll just go with a last name this time) mainly for optics - but I think the penalties will be severe enough that we, as Jet fans, won't be pissed...

We'll def. want more than they're going to give but I'm already way ahead of what I expected the outcome would be just two days ago...

I mean, seriously...Tom Brady is about to suspended for cheating!!!! Just think about that (when all's said and done it really doesn't matter how long) He will be a convicted cheater...it's just awesome....the damage is done.

I tend to agree, and I think the Pats -despite their public protestations- are not only resigned to the fact, but signed off on it. This report completely exonerated Belichick without investigating him at all. They failed to get Brady's phone, and never asked for Bill's. I can't imagine anyone who's followed Bill Belichicks career at all believes for a second that he didn't know about Tom's soft balls, or even had a hand in executing the whole thing. If they'd gotten Bill, the whole organization would've been tainted much, much worse. It's a big enough deal that they're letting Brady be the fall guy to protect the franchise.

And they'll accept the penalty because they don't want any further investigation. There's no doubt that Belichick is involved.

Exactly.

It's to be suspected, though, unfortunately. We've just reached a point where you can't expect anything coming out of the NFL headquarters to be entirely on the up and up. It won't be until the other owners rise up against Kraft and Goodell that the NFL can finally take steps to restore some integrity.

Nothing is going to happen.  They didn't suspend Belli after the Spygate incident and they won't suspend Brady.  They'll do a fine and that will be the end of it.

Don't think for a second that Roger Goodell is running the show.  This is Bob Kraft's league.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is going to happen.  They didn't suspend Belli after the Spygate incident and they won't suspend Brady.  They'll do a fine and that will be the end of it.

Don't think for a second that Roger Goodell is running the show.  This is Bob Kraft's league.

There is NO chance Brady does not get suspended.  It's really just a matter of how many games.  

I heard on Mike and Mike (and they are mostly shills for ESPN and the NFL) that the suspension will be between 2 and 4 games.

The NFL fined the Falcons $350,000 and the franchise will forfeit their fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the league announced Monday. President Rich McKay will also be suspended for at least three months from the Competition Committee beginning April 1.

$350  grand plus a draft pick plus a 4 month suspension for their president who had no knowledge of the piping in noise thing.

The NFL has painted themselves into a corner with these harsh punishments.  Tampering with footballs on an ongoing basis in a surreptitious manner is far worse than piped in crowd noise.

• Upvote 1

The NFL has painted themselves into a corner with these harsh punishments.  Tampering with footballs on an ongoing basis in a surreptitious manner is far worse than piped in crowd noise.

Very true, but the Browns and Falcons committed the most cardinal sin of them all.  They weren't the New England Patriots.  That tends to override everything else.

• Upvote 1

The NFL fined the Falcons $350,000 and the franchise will forfeit their fifth-round selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the league announced Monday. President Rich McKay will also be suspended for at least three months from the Competition Committee beginning April 1.

$350  grand plus a draft pick plus a 4 month suspension for their president who had no knowledge of the piping in noise thing.

Add to that lying and an attempted cover up  - the penalties need to be much more sever.

Based on these past cases, BB should be facing a heavy suspension too, but I don't see that happening.  The whole "ignorance is not an excuse" is going to be thrown right out the window.

I've been following the topic and maybe it's because i'm european but i can´t get my head around this. Why isn't anyone asking for the title? In football (soccer), Juventus lost two titles when they got caught cheating. A relegation as well if  my mind isn't mistaken. Relegation is not an option here but why should they keep a title they won when they cheated on their way to it? It´s crazy.

Brady should sit a year and be fined maximum amount. He´s a lying bitch and the comparison to Lance Armstrong is not farfetched.

Bellicheat should get a similar penalty. The guy has done it several times.

Draft picks, minimum next years 1st.

Kraft can do the walk of shame. Money is not enough, he must apologize to the league, the owners and to the fans.

For me, this is what kills the love for the game. Or for any sport. Cheaters are the worst. 

• Upvote 2