Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What weighs more?  Two pounds of bricks or two pounds of feathers? 

That was not the context of his question.

His question was in regards to 2 lbs of air pressure. 

I am guessing 2lbs of air pressure is close to a feather than two pounds of bricks.  :)

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  I didn't say they cheated IN the SB, I said they won SB's by cheating...as in, we know they were cheating during the season's leading up to SB wins.  You don't get to the SB w/o winning enough games to make the playoffs.  If you or anyone else wants to believe they only cheated to GET to the SB where they would then stop cheating, that's your choice..  The only facts we have are that they were cheating to win football games.  Once that was abundantly clear, all of the evidence was burned.  If the evidence was harmless, it would have been returned to the Pats and/or shown to reporters to assure fans that nothing shady occurred during NE SB runs. 

So no, I don't know that the New England Patriots cheated during the SB itself, just in games that they had to win to get to the SB.

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  I didn't say they cheated IN the SB, I said they won SB's by cheating...as in, we know they were cheating during the season's leading up to SB wins.  You don't get to the SB w/o winning enough games to make the playoffs.  If you or anyone else wants to believe they only cheated to GET to the SB where they would then stop cheating, that's your choice..  The only facts we have are that they were cheating to win football games.  Once that was abundantly clear, all of the evidence was burned.  If the evidence was harmless, it would have been returned to the Pats and/or shown to reporters to assure fans that nothing shady occurred during NE SB runs. 

So no, I don't know that the New England Patriots cheated during the SB itself, just in games that they had to win to get to the SB.

How can you punish a team for taping signals, not stealing signals because that is legal in the NFL, but return the tapes? 

Does that sound like it makes sense?

How did NE cheat in Super Bowls?

Be specific and name facts.

They cheated against the Rams because there was a report that they illegally taped a pre-game walkthrough. The report was retracted, but they obviously cheated because "where there's smoke, there's fire."

They cheated in all subsequent Super Bowls because "once a cheater, always a cheater."

I hope this ends badly...

...for the Patsies.

But it won't. They've got their scapegoats McNally and Jastremski. I'd be surprised if Brady got more than a fine--if that. Belli and Kraft will be clean.

Sucks.

How can you punish a team for taping signals, not stealing signals because that is legal in the NFL, but return the tapes? 

Does that sound like it makes sense?

Punish them for what the whole world saw them doing, destroy tapes containing what nobody saw them doing, pretend SB wins were legit.  That, to me, doesn't make sense.

Can summarize 243 pages in one sentence: "We're pretty sure you did something wrong, but we can't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt"

and that, my friends, is the real "Patriot Way"!

More like we are 100% sure you cheated, but Roger asked us not to say that.

This dynamic is very interesting. Pats fans believe Goodell is screwing them over, but other fans think Goodell is helping the Pats.

Very interesting.

My guess is a fine and maybe a 1 game suspension for Brady. That's it.

Excerpt:

By 6:35p.m.all of the membersof the officiating crew other than. Anderson, Veteri, Blakeman and Yette had left the Officials Locker Room When the remaining officials walked into the sitting room area on their way to the field, all four were surprised to find that the ball bags were not there. Both Anderson and Veteri immediately asked Farley where the footballs were. Farley checked for the ball bags in the back part of the locker room (where he saw the bags of backup balls) and in the adjacent Chain Gang Locker Room, but could not find them.When it was suggested that McNally had or may have taken them to the field, Anderson responded that “he‟s not supposed to do that.” Anderson also stated that “we have to find the footballs.” Blakeman recalls that although Anderson is usually calm and composed leading up to a game, Anderson was visibly concerned and uncharacteristically used an expletive when the game balls could not be located. The other officials were similarly surprised and concerned. None of the officials in the locker room at the time realized that the game balls had been removed from the locker room until they were ready to go to the field for the start of the game, and all expected that the balls would not leave the locker room until it was time for them to take the field

I hope this ends badly...

...for the Patsies.

But it won't. They've got their scapegoats McNally and Jastremski. I'd be surprised if Brady got more than a fine--if that. Belli and Kraft will be clean.

Sucks.

About time this stupid witch hunt is over.

Hope you guys are not too disappointed in the outcome.

So after racking up millions of dollars of lawyer fees we find out NE cheated???  Who

didn't know that, it joins these other facts:

- Water is wet

- Snow is white

- Grass is green

- Sky is blue

Hopefully they fine them a million $$$ and take their #1 pick in 2016

Best outcome there could be. We all knew no big penalty cause after so many SB's, MVPs, Belly worship its embarrassing to NFL, but NFL now says YET AGAIN the Pats cheated and star QB knew about it means Pats have had unfair ball advantage for years. We dont need penaltys, we just need further proof these have all been aided by unfair advantage and are all asterisks. Its cool, Pat fans can say -we are great', but now, YET AGAIN, NFL has said they cheated.

#ADDANOTHERASTERISK

I told you they would find the scapegoats- who will be forever barred from working for NFL teams. The Pats org will not get anything but Brady situation is the curious one- will they suspend or fine him is the big question

The report says the Pats more likely cheated than not.  Something we all knew anyway.  As long as Belicheat is there and has Kraft's blessing, he will continue to find new and more innovative ways to cheat.  It's the Patriot Way, of course.

I say appropriate punishment would be to suspend Brady for 1 game and maybe BB, too. Forfeit the #1 draft pick in 2016 and then fine the team $1 million. These guys are repeat offenders. If a player is found failing the drug testing, repeat offenders receive worse fines than first timers.

Amazing how they wait till after the draft for their big announcement. They need to suspend Belicheat  AND Brady for a year and at least 8 games respectively since nothing else at this time would be applicable.

I say appropriate punishment would be to suspend Brady for 1 game and maybe BB, too. Forfeit the #1 draft pick in 2016 and then fine the team $1 million. These guys are repeat offenders. If a player is found failing the drug testing, repeat offenders receive worse fines than first timers.

this is why they waited until after the draft

heavy draft pick removal for NEXT year so they can plan...

Archived