Browns offer both 1st Round picks to Tennessee for #2

Jet9

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets could offer Mo and #6, not that I am suggesing they should.

I think I'd build my own billboard to fire Mac if he did that.  Mo and a #6 for a QB project who is far from a certain thing?  That's tantamount to rape.  Way too much.  Heck... Cleveland giving up 12 & 19 is too much, but if they want to do that, be my guest.

That's the equal of our #6 pick . What else are they offering ? The Browns would have to offer the Jets those 2 + to move up to 6

The reports coming out are teams aren't high on Mariota as media portrayed and Titans are not getting the offers they want . They might just take this offer

Yeah it is not a great offer. Really to be competitive they would have to add next years first at least to get it done, most likely more. Our 6 and ANYTHING else is stronger. If Mo is available we might get something back so MO+6 for 2nd pick, and Tenn third, or 6 and 1 or 2 next year. If the Jets are convinced Mariota is the franchise guy they need to get it done including using MO and next year's first if needed. If they are just over 50/50 let the draft do what the draft will do. 

1) I hope for our sake this happens. Push a baller down to us at 6. 

2) There's no way this will happen unless Cleveland throws in next year's second (at least) or first (on par).

3) If I'm Belly, I'm calling up Cleveland and asking for that #12 pick for Jimmy G straight up. If the Brownies are stupid enough to consider giving up this haul for a 2 year project who at best might become a top-half (not top 10 or top 5) QB, then you gotta sell them on giving up much less for Jimmy. Don't forget, Jimmy would probably be the second best prospect behind Jameis if he were still in college, and Belly can sell the Browns on Jimmy having learned and polished his game from Brady and that coaching staff, and being able to come in and hit the ground running. 

TN might not want to move back that far...Maybe we can get involved.. We get 12 and 19 +, TN gets 6 +

My thoughts a couple weeks ago. 

The #6 makes us a prime 3rd trade partner for anyone willing to do the work. Jets get #12 and #19, Cleveland gets #2, and Tennessee gets the #6 plus a 2nd rounder.

Even value can be accomplished. 

Ten gets 12 & 19 & 43 

Cle gets - Bradford, 20, 52 and next year's 1 

PHI gets - Mariotta

Something like that is possible maybe?  In effect CLE uses on of its firsts on Bradford, and still keeps 1 (moving down 1 spot) as well as will still have 2 #1s next year.  I don't know the chart values, but I wouldn't be surprised about something like this - CLE already made offers for bradford and Kelly is going to trade him.

Archived