Browns offer both 1st Round picks to Tennessee for #2

Jet9

The Browns took a twerp, running QB over a pure, pro-style pocket passer.

That's why they are the Browns.

So history shows the QBs Yall recently picks suck too . Cassell , Mallet aren't exactly setting the world on fire . Just get over hype cause there drafted by BB . I'm sure Jimmy will continue the legacy after some team bets there's future on him.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten gets 12 & 19 & 43 

Cle gets - Bradford, 20, 52 and next year's 1 

PHI gets - Mariotta

Something like that is possible maybe?  In effect CLE uses on of its firsts on Bradford, and still keeps 1 (moving down 1 spot) as well as will still have 2 #1s next year.  I don't know the chart values, but I wouldn't be surprised about something like this - CLE already made offers for bradford and Kelly is going to trade him.

This makes some sense, but have we ever seen a three team trade in the NFL?

Interestingly, polian and mark Dominick both just took mariotta over winston in espn's "draft room simulation"

I dont find it interesting. I find it smart and logical. Mariota is a much better prospect than Winston. Picking an immature, entitled punk at #1 to be a franchise QB is an egregious error. That is a fact.

So history shows they guys Yall recent QB picks suck too . Cassell , Mallet aren't exactly setting the world on fire . Just get over hype cause there drafted by BB . I'm sure Jimmy will continue the legacy after some team bets there's future on him.

Way to comprehend the point I was making.

See if I can make it easy for you:

Teams are better off drafting a 6'5", 230lb QB who has played his collegiate career in a drop-back, pro-style offense in rounds 2-4 than drafting a scrawny, running QB who played in some funky college offense in the 1st round.

Teams are better off drafting a 6'5", 230lb QB who has played his collegiate career in a drop-back, pro-style offense in rounds 2-4 than drafting a scrawny, running QB who played in some funky college offense in the 1st round.

Aaron Rodgers is 6'2 and played in a  funky college offense and is by far the best QB in football

I dont find it interesting. I find it smart and logical. Mariota is a much better prospect than Winston. Picking an immature, entitled punk at #1 to be a franchise QB is an egregious error. That is a fact.

What is Mariota better than Winston at besides running ? His Arm talant sure as hell ain't better

And yet guys like Ryan Mallet hasn't done sh*t and he fits that description too the Tee. Manziel was a far better prospect than Jimmy hands down

Cal played a funky college offense???

yes he was a Tedford QB, who prior to Rodgers had the rep for creating NFL busts.

If memory serves it was the main reason he slid

What is Mariota better than Winston at besides running ? His Arm talant sure as hell ain't better

You mentioned he is a better scrambler. He also makes quicker, and better, decisions with the football. He doesn't scream at his coaches on the sidelines. His release is faster. He throws on the run better. That is the stuff between the lines.

The behavior outside the lines is not even comparable. That is what makes the decision between the two not even close.

You mentioned he is a better scrambler. He also makes quicker, and better, decisions with the football. He doesn't scream at his coaches on the sidelines. His release is faster. He throws on the run better. That is the stuff between the lines.

The behavior outside the lines is not even comparable. That is what makes the decision between the two not even close.

Better , Quicker decisions? dude pretty much made 1 read and ran

there's a reason why one is clear cut #1 imagine if he didn't had off field issues there wouldn't even be in the same league .

For the record, 12 and 19 combined are worth 2,075 points on the chart. Pick 3 is worth 2,200 and pick 4 is worth 1,800. So not sure where those saying 12 and 19 wouldn't be enough to get up to 6 are getting that from. If the Browns throw in their second round pick that'd get them up to 2,545 which is probably enough, and if not a fourth or future third or something would get it done.

The extra second is basically the least possible they could trade to make it reasonably fair. And if they want Mariota, they'll do it. Tennessee probably says yes to that. Or if they think Tennessee just wants to trade him, maybe they wait and offer 12, 19 and filler (future 3rd round pick?) to Jacksonville - who probably won't take him if they don't accept the deal, so they don't have to offer that much. But maybe Tennessee takes him and holds him ransom. I can't imagine he gets past #5 if the Browns do want him, I'm sure they can work something out with the Redskins.

How funny would it be if after all of this the Browns want to trade up for like, Cooper?

For the record, 12 and 19 combined are worth 2,075 points on the chart. Pick 3 is worth 2,200 and pick 4 is worth 1,800. So not sure where those saying 12 and 19 wouldn't be enough to get up to 6 are getting that from. If the Browns throw in their second round pick that'd get them up to 2,545 which is probably enough, and if not a fourth or future third or something would get it done.

The extra second is basically the least possible they could trade to make it reasonably fair. And if they want Mariota, they'll do it. Tennessee probably says yes to that. Or if they think Tennessee just wants to trade him, maybe they wait and offer 12, 19 and filler (future 3rd round pick?) to Jacksonville - who probably won't take him if they don't accept the deal, so they don't have to offer that much. But maybe Tennessee takes him and holds him ransom. I can't imagine he gets past #5 if the Browns do want him, I'm sure they can work something out with the Redskins.

How funny would it be if after all of this the Browns want to trade up for like, Cooper?

draft chart doesn't count for top 5 picks.  redskins had to use three #1's and two 2's to move up 6 spots

yes he was a Tedford QB, who prior to Rodgers had the rep for creating NFL busts.

If memory serves it was the main reason he slid

TX survives this board because he's actually knowledgeable about football when he's not trolling around. However, this is pure pwnage.

This draft chart thing annoys me. IT IS A GUIDE! A pick is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It is subjective and varies in the eye of the beholder. What Washington gave up for the RG3 pick is only partially relevant. Tennessee wont get that kind of value and they know it. If they want to trade down, they can either take the best offer or stay where they are. Demanding the chart value is not reality.

Allow me to unclutter things for you plebes. The Cleveland Browns do not want Mariota. The Cleveland Browns want Sam Bradford, so they're acting like they want Marcus Mariota in order to force Chip Kelly's hand, sending Bradford to Cleveland for the 19th overall pick, thus eliminating the Eagles' only competition for Mariota's services. This is all covered in my upcoming mock draft. 

Allow me to unclutter things for you plebes. The Cleveland Browns do not want Mariota. The Cleveland Browns want Sam Bradford, so they're acting like they want Marcus Mariota in order to force Chip Kelly's hand, sending Bradford to Cleveland for the 19th overall pick, thus eliminating the Eagles' only competition for Mariota's services. This is all covered in my upcoming mock draft. 

so only 2 teams want mariota ?

draft chart doesn't count for top 5 picks. redskins had to use three #1's and two 2's to move up 6 spots

RG3 was also worlds apart as a prospect than Mariota. Looking away from his NFL failures he was a much much bigger better prospect. That's why WAS had to pay through the nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Browns seem like a really really dysfunctional organization, and this is coming from a fan of the Jets!

You draft a QB in the first round last year, and after not even one year of starting you want to trade 2 first round picks for another QB, they seem totally indecisive/desperate. 

This draft chart thing annoys me. IT IS A GUIDE! A pick is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It is subjective and varies in the eye of the beholder. What Washington gave up for the RG3 pick is only partially relevant. Tennessee wont get that kind of value and they know it. If they want to trade down, they can either take the best offer or stay where they are. Demanding the chart value is not reality.

^This.  

The chart values also go right out the window when an active player is included in the trade.  

And to add to the mythology, when future picks are included in trades, there is some sort of "tradition" that the team use the chart value from the next round.  (i.e.  If we trade next year's #1, then its value would be that of this year's #2).  That has to be the most convoluted idea in the mix.  No one even knows if next year the team will be at the top, middle or bottom of the round.

Now all that said, if you examine the vast majority of draft day trades that do not include current players, the actual trades are amazingly close to the chart values...  so I do think teams use it, or something very close to it.  The RG III trade was a huge aberration.

Mariota is probably the most overrated QB prospect in a while IMO.  I mean if he was so good why is Tennessee is such a hurry to trade their pick it seems.  hell Winston is a better QB who has off he field issues and still being drafted ahad of Mariota.  Whether its Cleveland or Philly i have a feeling they are gonna regret the kings ransom they will have to pay. Im just glad the Jets arent gonna be that stupid this time

Archived