Round 1-4 Jets Draft Pick Values

Latinlawyer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Jets Rd 1 Pick = 1600

Jets Rd 2 Pick = 530

Jets Rd 3 Pick = 240

Jets Rd 4 Pick = 96

Titans Rd 1 Pick worth 2600...

If the Jets wanted to trade up to #2, they could give up picks 1-4 PLUS still need to give up another pick...all this for Mariota. Seems far fetched. Right Now Cleveland has offered both their #1s this year for Tennessee's 1st round pick. Eagles are purportedly packaging up Bradford and picks to get that #2 pick for Mariotta. 

I think there is zero chance we get Mariotta unless we sacrifice multiple one's (meaning this year's and next years) plus maybe a 2nd this year. Even then, the other teams may give Tennessee a player as well. 

Do you guys think we make a move up? 

I think we may move back and pick up some additional picks. 

LL

I have

Jets Rd 1 Pick = 1600

Jets Rd 2 Pick = 530

Jets Rd 3 Pick = 240

Jets Rd 4 Pick = 96

If the Jets wanted to trade up to #2, they could give up picks 1-4 PLUS still need to give up another pick...all this for Mariota. Seems far fetched. Right Now Cleveland has offered both their #1s this year for Tennessee's 1st round pick. Eagles are purportedly packaging up Bradford and picks to get that #2 pick for Mariotta. 

I think there is zero chance we get Mariotta unless we sacrifice multiple one's (meaning this year's and next years) plus maybe a 2nd this year. Even then, the other teams may give Tennessee a player as well. 

LL

To essentially trade a whole draft to move 4 spots would aggravate me to no end. I'm fine with drafting Mariota if he falls to us but to trade up to get him isn't the way to go IMO. Especially using this value chart. No way man. 

We aren't trading up.

The only reason this is being discussed as a possibility is because our fans are a bunch of chicken little ninnies and too easily tweaked by Manish articles.

Yeah, look at the chart. the numbers really don't add up. There are teams better suited to move up, I'd like to see us trade down and get more picks. Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

LL

I like looking at the trade down scenarios more.  I have a feeling we could trade down with Cleve and get their 12th pick their 2nd rounder and perhaps a 5th or 6th.

Cleve would not have to trade their 19th pick or a pick from next year if they traded with us.

We aren't trading up.

The only reason this is being discussed as a possibility is because our fans are a bunch of chicken little ninnies and too easily tweaked by Manish articles.

Agreed.  Im sorry but Mariota is not worth what the Titans want.  hell even the titans know he isnt worth it otherwise then wouldnt be in such a rush to trade the pick lol.  Whether its Cleveland or Philly one of those teams is gonna regret giving up a kings ransom for mariota.  Tennesse is gonna make out like bandits

Yeah, look at the chart. the numbers really don't add up. There are teams better suited to move up, I'd like to see us trade down and get more picks. Draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

LL

Also, we just hired a ******* scout for GM. He'll want more picks, not less, and the onus should be on him to find players later, not go all-in for one guy.

Agreed.  Im sorry but Mariota is not worth what the Titans want.  hell even the titans know he isnt worth it otherwise then wouldnt be in such a rush to trade the pick lol.  Whether its Cleveland or Philly one of those teams is gonna regret giving up a kings ransom for mariota.  Tennesse is gonna make out like bandits

That's why in the predict the first 6 thread, I have the Titans taking Leonard Williams.

There's always a flurry of rumors leading up to the draft, but ultimately teams usually just make their pick. Williams is considered by many to be the best player in the draft. If you are Tennessee and you think Mettenberger can play, you take Williams, give him to Dick LeBeau (who they hired this off-season) and say, "Unleash this beast."

I like looking at the trade down scenarios more.  I have a feeling we could trade down with Cleve and get their 12th pick their 2nd rounder and perhaps a 5th or 6th.

Cleve would not have to trade their 19th pick or a pick from next year if they traded with us.

I would FAR rather get #12 and next year's #1 which is actually not far off in value.  Reason?  If we need to get a QB next year, there are at least three that look promising so far and having a second first round pick would be a huge help.

Jets Rd 1 Pick = 1600

Jets Rd 2 Pick = 530

Jets Rd 3 Pick = 240

Jets Rd 4 Pick = 96

LL

Good post.  I think there is zero chance we even attempt to move up.  Draft pick values should be a sticky this time of year -- maybe it would dissuade some of the straight-out-of-the-ass trade proposals that fly around here.

Good post.  I think there is zero chance we even attempt to move up.  Draft pick values should be a sticky this time of year -- maybe it would dissuade some of the straight-out-of-the-ass trade proposals that fly around here.

I think there is now 0% chance we move up...no way we get an edge UNLESS....the Mo Wilkerson trade rumors are real...then its like our 1st, 2nd and Mo Wilkerson for the #2 pick. However, I don't think you trade an established good player for someone who will probably need a year of development. If its a day 1 starter then maybe BUT not for a 1 year project. 

They will draft a QB but it will be a second tier guy...Grayson, Mannion, etc.

LL

I do not support selecting Mariota at all.

I most certainly do not support trading our entire 2015 Draft for the privilege of selecting Mariota.

I want a top-end elite QB as badly as anyone.  Mariota is not that guy.

Pick smart, pick safe, build talent.  A far stronger QB Draft will come eventually.

Build the team, and we'll still be a playoff team.

Pick the wrong QB and drain the team to do it, and we're right back where we were last year, talent-deficient and with a bad QB anyway.

I do not support selecting Mariota at all.

I most certainly do not support trading our entire 2015 Draft for the privilege of selecting Mariota.

I want a top-end elite QB as badly as anyone. Mariota is not that guy.

Pick smart, pick safe, build talent. A far stronger QB Draft will come eventually.

Build the team, and we'll still be a playoff team.

Pick the wrong QB and drain the team to do it, and we're right back where we were last year, talent-deficient and with a bad QB anyway.

Oh, look!

Someone finally gets it.

Archived