So the consensus seems to be Kevin White

FrankieJets1979

Consensus.

All these guys copy each other.

I'm watching Mayock right now, his heralded only 1 mock of the year, and it's pretty par for the course. I turned it off when he had the Browns take Melvin Gordon. (After hitting on both Crowell and West last year) with the logic that "it's a deep WR draft and the Browns can go WR later" ... Ignoring that it's an even deeper RB draft.

It amazes me how little these guys work on this stuff, despite spending all their time on it.

Work? You call that work? That's what we all do here for months and its called 'fun'.  They get paid for it and its called 'work'. 

https://youtu.be/QO5dcW0P75M

The Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death

Been turned around till I'm upside down

Been all at sea until I've drowned

And I've felt torture, I've felt pain

Just like that film with Michael Caine

I've been abused and I've been confused

And I've kissed Margaret Thatcher's shoes

And I been high and I been low

And I don't know where to go

Birth, school, work, death

And heroin was the love you gave

From the cradle to the grave

Boys and girls don't understand

The devil makes work for idle hands

I cut myself but I don't bleed

'Cause I don't get what I need

Doesn't matter what I say

Tomorrow's still another day

Yeah, I've been high and I've been low

And I don't know where to go

I'm living on the never, never, never

This time it's gonna be forever

I'll live and die don't ask me why

I wanna go to paradise

And I don't need your sympathy

There's nothing in this world for me

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than half the NFL smokes weed. Now if it was cocaine or Heroin than drop him down as fast as you can. Who knows if he did this on purpose because he has a secret deal with a team..

There's a rookie salary cap. Last year's projections from the WSJ had the #5 pick (K. Mack, OAK) at a total of an $18 mil deal and the #25 pick (Verrett, SD) at just under $8. So he's got a secret deal to screw himself out of $10 million to go along with a record of some sort just to land in a place like Dallas, Denver or Indy?

I'm being nice by dropping him to a team in the late first round and not early 2nd. bTW.

There's a rookie salary cap. Last year's projections from the WSJ had the #5 pick (K. Mack, OAK) at a total of an $18 mil deal and the #25 pick (Verrett, SD) at just under $8. So he's got a secret deal to screw himself out of $10 million to go along with a record of some sort just to land in a place like Dallas, Denver or Indy?

I'm being nice by dropping him to a team in the late first round and not early 2nd. bTW.

He is not falling that far.

He is not falling that far.

Maybe, maybe not.

My point is, do you really think he'd tank $10 million on purpose just to get to a better run franchise? In a sport where the average career is 3 years? He might never see a 2nd contract.

So he got arrested purposely, to fulfill some secret deal with some un named team, presumably picking later in the draft (otherwise, why bother getting arrested)

This is what your going with?

Paul Allen hired some cops in a plot to ensure Gregory falls to the Seahawks.

Consensus shmonsensus. I've heard it a bunch of places that nobody in the league has a clue what the Jets are going to do. I haven't even seen an accurate visit list.

Fowler Jr or trade down for OL, from Pauline who, whether you like him or not, is an actual insider.

Of course, they might be thinking a certain player is off the board already and it's possible they can't find the right trade partner...

Gurley is who I want the Jets to get. Mayock has Gurley behind Gordon, yet being picked ahead of Gordon. When the co host said some people think Gurley was the best RB to come out since Peterson, he said nothing to counter that thinking. Again, Mayock makes no sense.

Mayock had gaping holes in his logic, definitely not worth the wait or build-up.

Almost get the sense that editors put it together for him and he doesn't believe what he has to say.

Mayock had gaping holes in his logic, definitely not worth the wait or build-up.

Almost get the sense that editors put it together for him and he doesn't believe what he has to say.

The ranking is personal opinion, I believe the injury affects that. The mock draft is who they think the team will take. Mind blown amirite..

There's no inconsistency with ranking Gordon higher then Gurley but thinking that Gurley comes off the board first. Same with Winston / Mariota, he think Mariota is better but all signs point to TB taking WInston, so why mock it the other way

The ranking is personal opinion, I believe the injury affects that. The mock draft is who they think the team will take. Mind blown amirite..

No.

Logic like "take a RB in round one, because it's a deep WR class" is just bad logic. This is a deep RB class, perhaps deeper than it is at WR. 

There's no inconsistency with ranking Gordon higher then Gurley but thinking that Gurley comes off the board first. Same with Winston / Mariota, he think Mariota is better but all signs point to TB taking WInston, so why mock it the other way

Yeah, not the logic gaps I'm talking about. 

What's funny about the all the pass rusher talk, you know the guy that will end up being the best one in the draft will be like, Owa Odighizuwa or somebody like that. 

Agreed. It'll be someone scooped up later that ends up in the best situation. It's always about ending up in the best situation, except when it's not.

Gurley or Beasly if Cooper is not there!!!

If what the "experts" say is true, there's Gurley and everyone else. A running game is QB's best friend.

While our defense is looking better, we desperately need more turnovers.  Beasly will make that happen in spades!

WR early in the 2nd!

I remember when Gholston was the consensus pick at #6. I just hope Maccagnan knows what he's doing, and trusts himself to do it.

You know, that's the thing.

Half the first rounders will bust.  Gholston.. had some college numbers, plus the size speed.  But no, none, zero heart.   History shows at least one of the 2 big QBs taken will bust.

Archived