•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we trade Snacks for mid-round picks, and use some of the other depth DL for rotation. Makes sense. 

LOL I have no idea, I'm not saying any of that. I'm only saying, that based on what I'm reading up on Bowles D, he doesn't necessarily use or (need to use) traditional 2 gap space eating down lineman. 

I was being facetious.

I'll hopefully have been a Jets fan for 38 years 25 years from now but I'm not hopeful. Either me or the NFL will be dead, more likely me.

Either way I hope one of us lives to see them win a Superbowl, with Williams the MVP.

My bad man, I just want to see us get some young offensive weapons, now Miami's going to get Parker another WR who could be a #1

God dammit, why would we draft Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams...

This.....100x agree. Mac said we are taking BPA and that's what he did, I think the Jets war room pissed themselves when Williams fell to us.

I get sticking to the board, I get a lot of people like Williams. I dont get how it's going to work out ? Trade Mo? Does replacing Mo with Williams make us that much better? Switch to a 4-3? Bowles already said we're a 3-4 and played a 3-4 mostly at ARI. Don't get how it's going to work out. How much of a reach would White be ? He went 2 minutes later.

I get sticking to the board, I get a lot of people like Williams. I dont get how it's going to work out ? Trade Mo? Does replacing Mo with Williams make us that much better? Switch to a 4-3? Bowles already said we're a 3-4 and played a 3-4 mostly at ARI. Don't get how it's going to work out. How much of a reach would White be ? He went 2 minutes later.

Miami is probably going to take Parker another possible number one wide receiver and hopefully Decker and Marshall stay healthy this season

LOL I have no idea, I'm not saying any of that. I'm only saying, that based on what I'm reading up on Bowles D, he doesn't necessarily use or (need to use) traditional 2 gap space eating down lineman. 

BUT I WANT TO TRADE SOMEONE AND MAKE MOAR PICKS!!! 

That's what Bowles is for.  He's got the corners to play 4 and even 5 man fronts. 

That's what Bowles is for.  He's got the corners to play 4 and even 5 man fronts. 

"I'm excited. I know it doesn't look like it on my face. It's been a long day with minicamp," said Bowles, the first-year head coach with the defensive background. "You can never have enough defensive linemen. All our defensive linemen have to play all across the board."

Bowles added that he was highly impressed with Williams, who won't turn 21 years of age until June, when the player came for his scheduled visit at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center a few weeks ago.

"Obviously, his play speaks for itself," Bowles said. "When he got here, just meeting the young man, how mature he was, how full of life he was, the passion he has for playing football, it kind of connected with me."

Some draft experts thought the Jets were trying to trade up to Tennessee's second spot to take Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, even while the Titans were on the clock, but Maccagnan said the Titans seemed to have a lot of interest in Mariota. "At that point in time, we researched it and we decided to sit."

On the flip side of No. 6, many thought our new braintrust might trade down to add another player to their current crop of six picks.

"We gave the pick its full allotment of time. There weren't any trade options that came across our desk to make it worth it to move out of the pick," Maccagnan said. "So we went back to just try to maximize our return and take the best player available."

He added that Williams was one of the top three players on the Jets' value board.

Adding Williams to the D-line that includes Wilkerson, 2013 first-rounder and Pro Bowler Sheldon Richardson and two-year starting DT Damon Harrisonicon-article-link.gif might seem to have made an outstanding position more outstanding, yet more crowded. With Wilkerson staying away from the voluntary offseason program and the just concluded voluntary veteran minicamp, Maccagnan was asked how this selection might impact Mo's situation.

"Right now Mo's on our team," the GM said. "We're not actively trying to shop Muhammad. Right now he's a part of us."

Bowles was asked a few times whether this could signal a shift from a base 3-4 defense to a 4-3. He said no, although the addition of Williams "may give us a chance to do certain packages."

Archived