•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

There was a story on Deadspin the other day about how Jax had a scout go to Blackmon's favorite spot in Stillwater every day for weeks and sit there all day, just to see if he'd show up and how he'd act. That was a guy's actual job.

wow that's interesting.  makes sense tho, if you're making a 15 million dollar investment in a stock you're going to do some homework

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a story on Deadspin the other day about how Jax had a scout go to Blackmon's favorite spot in Stillwater every day for weeks and sit there all day, just to see if he'd show up and how he'd act. That was a guy's actual job.

Damn, you'd think these kids were trying to get a job in the FBI or something. Which really begs the question: how the **** did the Patriots not know about Hernandez?

Read that. Instead of just asking if your mother is a prostitute, teams now will just pay a guy to proposition her. I want to say clever, but it would make me feel dirty.

Damn, you'd think these kids were trying to get a job in the FBI or something. Which really begs the question: how the **** did the Patriots not know about Hernandez?

They knew Hernandez was a dirtbag. Urban Meyer is friends with Belichick and vouched for him.

If "pure passing" is throwing to the first progression 80% of the time I guess

You're referring to the mental part. I'm talking about his physical traits, his mechanics, how he throws the ball. I think he's at least a year away from starting in the NFL. If Fitz starts this season Petty could take over next year.

Okay, not bad, but why did he drop so far?

Mayock says tape wasn't good this year. Thought he played better 2 years ago

The kid is crazy talented, but everything you read says that his first passion is basketball and he's just much better at football. In the 5th round, I'm okay at gambling on a pro-bowl type guard talent in the hopes that you can get him motivated. Plus, he kicked out to LT at times last year, so the versatility is there as well. I think between Aboushi, Dozier and now Harrison, we've got some nice developmental interior guys to groom.

Archived