•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid is crazy talented, but everything you read says that his first passion is basketball and he's just much better at football. In the 5th round, I'm okay at gambling on a pro-bowl type guard talent in the hopes that you can get him motivated. Plus, he kicked out to LT at times last year, so the versatility is there as well. I think between Aboushi, Dozier and now Harrison, we've got some nice developmental interior guys to groom.

Yeah, agree. Good round to take a gamble on potential dominant talent.

Its a good pick because of the potential - his character isn't really in quesion, more his motivation. Hopefully being in a professional environment lights a fire with him.

Ever since the trade of our 3rd round pick Macc has lost me. Petty was a decent value in the 4th. But the last thing I wanted here was yet another mid-round guard. How many have we taken in the last 5 years? How many have become solid starters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, you're holding past history against Macc. That's not fair to do.

Ever since the trade of our 3rd round pick Macc has lost me. Petty was a decent value in the 4th. But the last thing I wanted here was yet another mid-round guard. How many have we taken in the last 5 years? How many have become solid starters?

1. We have a different GM making the pick.

2. That's precisely why we make the pick. We don't have much sure talent on the line and we desperately need it.

Bodies doesnt necessarily equal talent. We can't block the bills and the dolphins added Suh.

Very true, but more bodies = more of a chance to find talent. Mac is not throwing a few guys in there and hoping a couple of them stick. He's throwing a sh*tload in and hoping a couple of them stick. At least he's trying. You gotta give him that.

We never draft guys with character issues and it's given us 0 Super Bowl appearances in 40+ years.

Think Jerry Jones is the smartest guy out there. He took Dex Bryant and now Gregory. He certainly leared his lessons from passing on Randy Moss. From what i heard they employed a psychiatrist for Dez Bryant when he came on the team and now i am sure that same guy talks to Gregory a lot.

But they got some elite talent on the field.

Exactly my point, but not in a good way. This was a great RB draft. We pass on Duke, pass on Ajayi, .... instead we go after a nobody LB, a "red shirt QB", and a lazy fat guard.

I just can't understand this team. No matter who the GM is. We never go with the strength of a draft. Last year was an epic WR draft, so we wait until the 4th.

Year before that was a nightmare QB draft so we take one top 40.

WTF?

RB just isn't that important. Chill.

This is especially ironic considering the last good guard we had was a 6th rounder.

Lol, if they didn't pick him by now, he's off their boards.

I want it too though

You'd think SOMEONE would take a gamble on him. Unless RJF is right and teams know something that we don't.

Although, didn't his agent say he would refuse to sign a contract if he didn't go in the first two rounds? Maybe that's it?

Exactly my point, but not in a good way. This was a great RB draft. We pass on Duke, pass on Ajayi, .... instead we go after a nobody LB, a "red shirt QB", and a lazy fat guard.

I just can't understand this team. No matter who the GM is. We never go with the strength of a draft. Last year was an epic WR draft, so we wait until the 4th.

Year before that was a nightmare QB draft so we take one top 40.

WTF?

You have a point, but at least we got good value for all our picks.

I'm not looking at the 6th round player lists for our 3rd round pick and so on, like we did last year

So when we did not pick Jaelen Strong it was like how many WR's can we carry.

But when the pick the umpteenth Guard it's like we cannot have too much depth.

I'd argue that we're better set for the future at WR than at OL.

This is EXACTLY the type of high upside prospect I want in the latter rounds.  He's got the god given build and talent and now the coaches need to do their job.  He could really turn into something but he may never find the fire and that's ok because all you invested was a late pick.  I love it-  this is a potential Pro-Bowler (or a total bust) but that upside is what i want.

READ THIS

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jarvis-harrison?id=2552341

Bottom Line

Dancing bear who possesses the talent, technique and physical traits to be a high-end NFL starter. Not asked to fire out on defenders often in Texas A&M scheme, so that might be an area where he has room for growth. Teams might have to decide between the film and the football character when slotting him. Keeping his weight under control could be a tall task during his career.

So when we did not pick Jaelen Strong it was like how many WR's can we carry.

But when the pick the umpteenth Guard it's like we cannot have too much depth.

are you really going to nitpick the positions picked in rds 5-7?   this pretty much had to be BPA and they stuck to their board.  

How ? Please enlighten us.

Well, it's only my opinion, but I believe the only sure talent on the line is Brick and Mangold, and they are getting old. Everyone else is unproven at this point. And we've seen in the past that if one of them goes down (Mangold) we are absolutely ****ed.

Now, Decker may be the only long-term, sure-thing at WR for us, but we could probably add Devin Smith and Amaro to that list.

Besides, I put having a solid OL ahead of a solid WR core. JMO.

Marshall

Decker

Kerley

Smith

Posey

Evans

Enunwa

Where are we putting another WR?

There are only 3 NFL starting caliber WR's on the roster. Marshall, Decker, Kerey. Out of that Marshall was Injury prone last season. People act like we got the 27 year old Brandon Marshall. That's not the case. I am crossingm y fingers and hoping we get 8-10 completely healthy games out of him.

Delvin Smith will be in his rookie years and will get some snaps.

The rest of them like Posey, Enunwa, Evans and guys you did not list like TJ Graham and Owusu have as yet to prove they belong on the field as NFL caliber WR's. I am high on Enunwa and have been the past year when there was no Enunwa bandwagon AND i do belive that Evans can sort his concentration issues out BUT they have to prove themselves in training camp, then pre-season and then convert all that into regular season performances before we can bank on them as legit NFL WR's.

Now someone break down the number of guards we have on this team.

are you really going to nitpick the positions picked in rds 5-7?   this pretty much had to be BPA and they stuck to their board.  

I would effing nitpick a UDFA. To me every pick is important.  Just refer to T.O and Brady if you want to find out how lower round picks can help a franchise.

There are only 3 NFL starting caliber WR's on the roster. Marshall, Decker, Kerey. Out of that Marshall was Injury prone last season. People act like we got the 27 year old Brandon Marshall. That's not the case. I am crossingm y fingers and hoping we get 8-10 completely healthy games out of him.

Delvin Smith will be in his rookie years and will get some snaps.

The rest of them like Posey, Enunwa, Evans and guys you did not list like TJ Graham and Owusu have as yet to prove they belong on the field as NFL caliber WR's. I am high on Enunwa and have been the past year when there was no Enunwa bandwagon AND i do belive that Evans can sort his concentration issues out BUT they have to prove themselves in training camp, then pre-season and then convert all that into regular season performances before we can bank on them as legit NFL WR's.

Now someone break down the number of guards we have on this team.

James Carpenter

Willie Colon

Brian Winters.

You can see where the need is.

Archived