Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

We did the right thing  I'm besides myself right now. Never thought this guy would drop. Never considered it as a possibility. This is a huge positive sign for this regime.

what it means, is when they either trade or let mo walk in FA, the defense won't fall off, they'll have Sheldon and Williams to anchor it.  that's the benefit of BPA, it's not about today, it's building a roster as strong as you can.  i'm not thrilled it's defense, but it's not like the jets have a qb where kevin white would have a good rookie season.  they can address ol/rb in rounds 2-3.  let's applaud a gm who doesn't draft for need, finally, and one who doesn't panic or squander draft picks. 

after years of whining on jetinsider.com to draft an offensive player in the 1st, i'll amend my complaint and say, just draft good players.  if you draft guys like Sheldon, your team improves.  draft guys like Stephen hill, your team gets worse.   i have faith tomorrow the jets will focus on offense, on the line and rb in particular.  but a few years from now when mo wilk signs a huge deal elsewhere, we'll all be thankfull mccagnan drafted his replacement now, when the guy fell into our laps.

• Upvote 1

they can get a wideout in the 2nd or 3rd round

rb/ol are greater needs, all things considered.

If you trade Mo, you'd do it for a 2016 first. You'll want to have something to package for a QB.

+1

that's what drafting BPA allows you to do - trade good players and not have a dropoff in productivity at that position. 

looking forward to adding offensive players tomorrow!

DGB maybe?

no way.  i don't get the vibe they'll draft character concerns. 

they'll have their choice of rb and maybe they can get fisher at RT.  i love the bap philosophy.  you get good players, your team gets better. 

duke would be just a slam dunk for the jets.  weapons on both sides of the ball.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company