Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Posey:   Professional career NFL Draft

In the 2012 NFL Draft, Posey was selected by the Houston Texans in the third round (68th overall).

Houston Texans

On January 13, 2013, Posey injured his ankle during the New England Patriots 41–28 win over the Texans in the AFC Divisional Rounds. Further testing indicated that Posey suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon.[5

Count me underwhelmed - really with the whole draft, whole thing was anitclimatic.

I'm not a scout or a prob but in my armchair here I would've much preferred Tevin Coleman or Eli Harold, or Duke Johnson. 

5th round picks are usually not worth squat - I think the trade down was a mistake, JMO

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Yeah not a bad pick, feels worse because we just missed Harold.

Harold/ Mauldin has the feel of M Bryant/ S Evans

Exactly the same feeling.

Anybody remember the Chris Gocong debacle -

We were all over this OLB Gocong back n 2006.  He fell to us in the 3rd, Tanny got cute and traded back in the 3rd for a 7th rounder (terrible value) and Andy Reid scooped him up with that pick and we took.....wait for it....the Boar Hunter.

Losing Harold feels like that, we overthunk it and lost out on a highly rated contributor that we were lucky fell to us originally.

Again JMO.

• Thumb Down 1

Gocong was awful and out of the league soon after Boar Hunter.

False.

He played 5 years, was a starter and solid contributor - and was injured out of the league with a torn Achilles.  Prior to that he was valued enough to be traded for 4th and 5th round picks from Eagles to the Browns.

This is HOF compared to Boar Hunter (Mauldin obviously can't be that bad)

I dunno - half of us will be wrong but right now I'm disappointed in drafting another DL at #6 and feel like we missed on on some great talent in the 3rd (Coleman and Harold specifically) so yeah I'm kinda bummed, hopeful that I'm wrong but bummed.

Ajayi might still be there in the 4th so that'd be fun

Not drafting Chris Gocong qualifies as a debacle?

The trade down was an absolute debacle - got cute, terrible value from the draft chart and ended up with an awful player rather than a borderline starter and contributor which is what you're looking from in a 3rd rounder.

Lost the player you wanted, got poor value, and drafted the worst player in the draft = debacle.

• Thumb Down 1

What is your basis/source for calling him "awful"?

that was in reference to the boar hunter - not Maudlin

The way people are reacting to the move-back also reminded me of the Gocong thing, but for a different reason -- it's an example of people going bonkers over a mid-tier talent who, if you go by the odds of what happens to third-round picks, will likely not be an impact player. Fact is, the Jets might have Mauldin rated higher than Harold, in which case the trade makes perfect sense.

It's true - no one knows for sure; but with the age of our OLB's this pick really matters in 2016 and beyond

• Upvote 1

I hated the trade down in the 3rd but Mac wanted chips so he could move a bit - I love giving up the late 7th rounder to ensure you get your guy...savvy move and I like the decisiveness.

• Upvote 1

Ajayi apparently has bone on bone in his knee or something.

Worth a 5th round flyer - no one signs RB's past their first contract anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

There was a story on Deadspin the other day about how Jax had a scout go to Blackmon's favorite spot in Stillwater every day for weeks and sit there all day, just to see if he'd show up and how he'd act. That was a guy's actual job.

wow that's interesting.  makes sense tho, if you're making a 15 million dollar investment in a stock you're going to do some homework

This is EXACTLY the type of high upside prospect I want in the latter rounds.  He's got the god given build and talent and now the coaches need to do their job.  He could really turn into something but he may never find the fire and that's ok because all you invested was a late pick.  I love it-  this is a potential Pro-Bowler (or a total bust) but that upside is what i want.

READ THIS

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jarvis-harrison?id=2552341

Bottom Line

Dancing bear who possesses the talent, technique and physical traits to be a high-end NFL starter. Not asked to fire out on defenders often in Texas A&M scheme, so that might be an area where he has room for growth. Teams might have to decide between the film and the football character when slotting him. Keeping his weight under control could be a tall task during his career.

getting a potential starter in 2016 in the 5th round - this is a great pick.

I'd much rather this than some D3 safety drafted to compete for a ST spot

• Upvote 1

Jets Guard Situation:

Carpenter - starter at LG for the forseeable future

Colon - our fallback starter if no one rises, could actually be cut

Aboushi - hold the fort, a decent career backup probably

Dozier - a developmental guy, we'll see

Jarvis Harrison - a high upside flyer in the 5th round

Winters - a 3rd round bust at Guard, being moved to backup center because how awful he was, wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut

I love the Harrison pick - our Guard situation is very shaky.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company