•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like what Maccagnan's doing so far.  Drafted the supposed best player in the draft and, from the way it sounds (can't say I know a whole lot about Devin Smith) got a pretty good WR to complement Marshall and Decker. 

I see the whining has begun.

Shall we revisit the history of how the Jets have used 2nd round picks over the last 20 years?

Jace Amaro

Geno

Stephen Hill

- no pick - 

Vlad Ducasse

- no pick -

- no pick - 

Harris

Kellen Clemens

Mike Nugent, Justin Miller

- no pick - 

Victor Hobson

Jon McGraw

Lamont Jordan

- no pick - 

Shall I keep going? 

History says Devin will suck for us, so I have high hopes that he'll buck the trend!

jerk

Devin Smith was a good pick because, at the end of the day, blah, blah, blah...

he was a good pick because he is a deep threat with speed and hands. He was one of the better recievers projected around where we picked

Someone tell me how the 49ers could pass over Strong, given that Crabtree is gone and Boldin is getting long in the tooth.  Kaep and Strong would have been a hell of a combination.  The organization is clueless. 

Of course I sat through it. Thats what I do when I respect someone's work. 

I respect you and your opinion of WR's.  So, I wont lie you.  I'm happy with Devin Smith because you are the guru but he was on this list for me:

He's a T Smith clone. A deep threat and nothing else. He's the anti A Cooper, bad routes bad breaks out of his routes.

I guess it's worth a shot he could be another OBJ or close to it. But I'd rather have went somewhere else with the pick

Wrong but nice job jumping to conclusions. He wasn't asked to run many route trees but doesn't mean he isn't capable.    He has much more potential then Torrey Smith who isn't exactly a slouch and who lot of folks wanted us to sign as a FA.   

I respect you and your opinion of WR's.  So, I wont lie you.  I'm happy with Devin Smith because you are the guru but he was on this list for me:

I think your reasoning is sound. I understand the one dimensional aspect in college. Nothing is certain with this draft process. 

My 2 main reasons why I like Smith is #1 he just popped off the screen to me. The guy literally reminded me of Desean Jackson. I really wanted him given what he can do in space....and Chan Gailey is great at creating space for his players in his offensive scheme. 

I think the Scheme and the talent (Decker, Amaro, Marshall, Kerley) will make the transition so much easier for this guy to really come in and do his thing and not have to be "the man" which I think he could be in the future. He can play slot and outside. 

Smith as part of this offense is absolutely crazy. 

The reason I prefer Smith to Strong is because the Jets need speed. Period And Smith is faster than Strong. Strong is good as a red zone threat.

Jets have that already

Exactly.  Strong is a beast, no doubt about it but he would have been redundant on the Jets. 

Wrong but nice job jumping to conclusions. He wasn't asked to run many route trees but doesn't mean he isn't capable.    He has much more potential then Torrey Smith who isn't exactly a slouch and who lot of folks wanted us to sign as a FA.

Not jumping to conclusions, saw everyone of his games.

And yes if he turns into t smith, he's well worth the pick

Strong can burn too...but I'm warming up to it.  Low production WR's just never seen to pan out in the NFL.  Makes me a little nervous.  His senior year numbers are eerily similar to Stephen Hill's, just with more TD's, granted a lot.  Those types of guys always make nervous in the NFL.

Is he a return guy too? 

Ohio State had NO QB. That translates into low production for their Wr's - plus they ran the ball at will. 

Archived