•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

So, Mac got a WR he probably scouted in Houston, added another 5th and 7th, and only moved back 12 spots in round 3... where he'll probably draft the guy he wants anyway.

Completely rebuilt WR corps this off-season, completely rebuilt secondary. Wow.

If we get their 3rd on top of the extra picks and the gimp, that is an OK move.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't count 7th round picks, so a 5th and a player is pretty nice

basically got brandon marshall for free

Jason Ferguson says hello.

The NFL,Draft.............you never know!

Texans selected Ohio State WR DeVier Posey with the No. 68 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

A smooth route runner that lacks burst, Posey was suspended 5 games during his senior season at Ohio State. After two straight seasons with over 50 catches, Posey only accumulated 12 last season. After an average Senior Bowl performance, Posey showed faster than expected straight line speed at the Combine when he posted an official 4.50 forty time. The Texans are getting a reliable and consistent option when on the field, but nothing spectacular. 

I have a feeling we moved down to take a QB here should grab a RB first, Trade is good nice to have more picks to watch tomorrow but idk why we took their WR as I cant imagine he makes the team this year. maby a sign we will be all in for the Ohio State QB next year in the draft.

ESPN was slow reporting the fact that we swapped. That was the problem

I should really turn off the stereo and listen to the broadcast at this point. This is when all the fun trades occur

Was a 5th for Marshall. 6th for Harvin.

And I think the 7th round pick we got back was the one we gave up for Fitzpatrick.

Smart.

holy sh*t.  if you want to count posey as a 6th (drafted in the 3rd, 3 year veteran) magic mike just go all of his and izdicks investments back in one move

and may still get his man !!!

I could get used to this !

holy sh*t.  if you want to count posey as a 6th (drafted in the 3rd, 3 year veteran) magic mike just go all of his and izdicks investments back in one move

and may still get his man !!!

I could get used to this !

A competent GM! I love it

So, Mac got a WR he probably scouted in Houston, added another 5th and 7th, and only moved back 12 spots in round 3... where he'll probably draft the guy he wants anyway.

Completely rebuilt WR corps this off-season, completely rebuilt secondary. Wow.

With no franchise QB's available this offseason (at least not at our draft position), this seems like a really good strategy in a passing league. I'm really excited.

Posey was supposed to be pretty good coming out, he was originally drafted in the third. He was on the traditional 3 year curve that most receivers end up on, but ruptured his achilles. He's a throw-in here.

the trade value chart has 

#70 = 240

#82 = 180

#152 = 30.6

#229 = 4-ish

Posey valued at about 25 points, or an early 6th rounder

Archived