•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you know Terrell Suggs was slower than that?  40 times are irrelevant for pass rushers. 

Yep.  Football speed and football IQ go a long way.  A lot of idiots only want guys who are raging fast in their panties or dolphin shorts.  JN has set a record for asinine crapola with this draft.  

Did you know Terrell Suggs was slower than that?  40 times are irrelevant for pass rushers. 

Exactly. What was James Harrison's 40 time? Didn't stop him... he became a dominant 3-4 OLB out of sheer will and by having a non-stop motor.

Character and tenacity matters. I have confidence in this pick, tbh. 

he ****ed up

just because the pick wasn't what you wanted, doesn't mean the trade down was a mistake.  taking petty would have been a mistake.  if the 5th round pick even makes the final 53 it's a win for the team

terrible pick-should have kept pick and gone strong

I root for the guy it was a bad pick having watched him play in college 

they compared strong to decker on nfln.  we already have a strong.  his name is eric

Walterfootball, who notoriously bashes the Jets had this to say:

"New York Jets: Lorenzo Mauldin, DE/OLB, Louisville: B Grade
This pick definitely makes sense. The Jets had to find an edge rusher - they were projected to take one at No. 6 overall before Leonard Williams dropped to them - and Lorenzo Mauldin fits the range as a third-round prospect. This is a solid choice."

A 'B' from this guy is like an A- from anyone else.

The OLB sounds like a Rex Ryan pick tbh.  The kind of story and "motor" Rex would wax poetic about and ramble on about after drafting him 3 rounds too early.

That alone doesn;t mean much, but trade down and pick seem reachy to me.  BAP at 70 would have been perhaps better, and Madulin available later.  Guess the 5th is nice to have back I suppose, but looking at aquisitions vs. losses, we're already WAY in the green.

Alot fo players we've signed or had under contract will need to be cut to make our final roster.  Like, ALOT.

Why do folks get so angry over simple differences in opinion?

Apparently we lost the superbowl by trading back 12 spots and not drafting the guy rated higher by mel ******* kiper.

I trust the scout running our draft more than the talking heads.

Any pick they made, literally, you were going to try and blow smoke up everyone's ass about. Anyone.

It's like the jets are paying you to do this.....

They are. I'll make more tonight than you will in the next 5 years. 

Archived