•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

Gocong was awful and out of the league soon after Boar Hunter.

False.

He played 5 years, was a starter and solid contributor - and was injured out of the league with a torn Achilles.  Prior to that he was valued enough to be traded for 4th and 5th round picks from Eagles to the Browns.

This is HOF compared to Boar Hunter (Mauldin obviously can't be that bad)

I dunno - half of us will be wrong but right now I'm disappointed in drafting another DL at #6 and feel like we missed on on some great talent in the 3rd (Coleman and Harold specifically) so yeah I'm kinda bummed, hopeful that I'm wrong but bummed.

Ajayi might still be there in the 4th so that'd be fun

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO you are penalizing a guy based on the predecessor's mistakes. Does that sound fair to you?

My point was there is always a group of posters on here riding high or low on the current regime who will defend any move they make no matter what, whether it is idzik or Mac.

These posters still won't admit even a slight possibility that we overplayed our hand on Harold and settled for next best. To them any move we made tonight was the right because these are professionals and I am a Layman/college football fan.

Let's wait for the results next season. And the excuses....

So, what you're saying is you've waited a whole year to grind and axe with people that are generally happy, optimistic, and humble enough to admit they don't know better than the professionals?

Sounds stable.

But the pros do get it wrong ALOT and sometimes we get it right.

I am entitled to speak my opinion without being told to pipe down or that I'm unstable or less intelligent than you ( of all people)

If you want to dik ride the new regime that's up to you, just like I can question it

My point was there is always a group of posters on here riding high or low on the current regime who will defend any move they make no matter what, whether it is idzik or Mac.

These posters still won't admit even a slight possibility that we overplayed our hand on Harold and settled for next best. To them any move we made tonight was the right because these are professionals and I am a Layman/college football fan.

Rookie seasons are definitely the measure for everything.

You sound like a raving nincompoop.

I am entitled to speak my opinion without being told to pipe down or that I'm unstable or less intelligent than you ( of all people)

If you want to dik ride the new regime that's up to you, just like I can question it

Except one opinion is based on objectivity and the other, sour grapes.  Er, you realize that, right?

Not drafting Chris Gocong qualifies as a debacle?

The trade down was an absolute debacle - got cute, terrible value from the draft chart and ended up with an awful player rather than a borderline starter and contributor which is what you're looking from in a 3rd rounder.

Lost the player you wanted, got poor value, and drafted the worst player in the draft = debacle.

I'm quite disappointed Mannion got taken in the 3rd.

Oh well.  

So much for having a rookie QB to put some blind and poorly thought out hope/hype behind.

Just sucky Fitz and more sucky Geno then.  Meh.  

I didn't tell you to pipe down, nor did I say you are less intelligent than me. I'm sharing what I've been able to find out about Maudlin, and you're laying into me about being positive. I didn't know that sharing things I learned is being positive. I also didn't know that sharing things I learned was an affront to your intellectual confidence. 

I did say you sound unstable, because you are trending on obsessing over positivity and flirting with making things personal with people from things you admittedly took exception to in the draft thread LAST YEAR.

I said NOTHING about you questioning the new regime, I'm mostly responding to you attacking people for being positive and for your general lack of self-awareness. You're canonizing yourself for fighting for being negative, by attacking people. You're getting told to go screw because of the attacks, not because of your opinion.

Honestly, nobody gives a **** about you or your opinion, spew it however you want, but stop making the ******* thread about your crazy sauce obsessions from last year's draft thread. 

Dude not for nothing, but..... when is the last time you got laid?  You are WAY to tense....  Can you at least wait until they get on the field before you have bust an artery?  

Apparently you missed the Eli Harold/LT comparisons. 

lmao laugh out loud funny.  I love this place, getting bent out of shape over Eli Harold who most have never seen play a full game.

Except one opinion is based on objectivity and the other, sour grapes.  Er, you realize that, right?

No it's not if we had taken Harold you would BOTH be praising him to the high heavens

Rookie seasons are definitely the measure for everything.

You sound like a raving nincompoop.

Hey I am not the ape here, and I mean overall results although it didn't take too long to see idziks mistakes or am I raving about that as well? Face you want to believe so you are going to believe in each and every pick

No it's not if we had taken Harold you would BOTH be praising him to the high heavens

I'm quite disappointed Mannion got taken in the 3rd.

Oh well.  

So much for having a rookie QB to put some blind and poorly thought out hope/hype behind.

Just sucky Fitz and more sucky Geno then.  Meh.  

We'll always have Simms. Always.  :shock:

lmao laugh out loud funny. I love this place, getting bent out of shape over Eli Harold who most have never seen play a full game.

Please refer to it as the "Eli Harold debacle" going forward, thanks.

It's really about philosophy. The Jets GM has stuck to his philosophy. BPA early on, then look at need a little more later. Improve team speed particularly at WR, draft football players not workout warriors or players who under perform in college. Get xtra picks if the opportunity is there as lond as you maintain value. I love this guy. There are no guarantees ,all you can do is be true to your philosophy and minimize the risk of failures.

Yep.  Football speed and football IQ go a long way.  A lot of idiots only want guys who are raging fast in their panties or dolphin shorts.  JN has set a record for asinine crapola with this draft.  

Thank you for saying what needed to be said. Some of these posts vary from sophomoric to down right silliness.

Dude not for nothing, but..... when is the last time you got laid?  You are WAY to tense....  Can you at least wait until they get on the field before you have bust an artery?

I'm not angry and barely drunk.

I just think we could have done better.

I HOPE we land some useful pieces with a 4, 5, and three 7ths to make this trade down worth it and day 3 memorable

Hey I am not the ape here, and I mean overall results although it didn't take too long to see idziks mistakes or am I raving about that as well? Face you want to believe so you are going to believe in each and every pick

So yeah, we've had this conversation. You probably used a different screen name, but the inarticulate rambling and juvenile logic is the same, and familiar. 

I've eaten crow about Idzik several times over, I have no problem with it, nobody needed to prompt me to do it, which I'm pretty sure I've told you already in one of your previous attempts to try and "call me on the carpet" for being positive in last year's draft thread. It must drive you nuts that I was humble and simply said I was 100% wrong about Idzik's competence. Took the wind right out of your small, petty "told you so" sails.

I would have been just as happy with Harold as I am with Maudlin. The bold actually implies that we shouldn't be as happy with Harold, which is counter-intuitive to all the arguing you are doing in his favor. 

Is there anything you plan on saying here that's going to make sense? 

It's really about philosophy. The Jets GM has stuck to his philosophy. BPA early on, then look at need a little more later. Improve team speed particularly at WR, draft football players not workout warriors or players who under perform in college. Get xtra picks if the opportunity is there as lond as you maintain value. I love this guy. There are no guarantees ,all you can do is be true to your philosophy and minimize the risk of failures.

I don't disagree with the philosophy just the third round pick selected.

If we turn it around tomorrow then things change...

I HOPE we land some useful pieces with a 4, 5, and three 7ths to make this trade down worth it and day 3 memorable

Then there is literally no excuse.

Thank you for saying what needed to be said. Some of these posts vary from sophomoric to down right silliness.

Anytime.  It's gotten downright goofy around here lately.  I wonder if any of these guys even watch Futball Americano.  

Thanks Saints for taking Grayson off the board. Now all I need is Cleveland to draft Petty and the Jets will be in the clear from this weak QB class. 

Macc needs to work magic on a trade! 

hmmm let me guess? Mo Wilkerson for Glennon and their #1 next year

Actually they are doing very well and believe they will continue to do so tomorrow.  And is all seriousness I totally understand your frustration; just give these guys a chance.  They really do seem to have a plan and are systematically implementing it.  There are no guarantees but I truly believe they "get it" and are moving the team in the right direction. 

Archived