•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way people are reacting to the move-back also reminded me of the Gocong thing, but for a different reason -- it's an example of people going bonkers over a mid-tier talent who, if you go by the odds of what happens to third-round picks, will likely not be an impact player. Fact is, the Jets might have Mauldin rated higher than Harold, in which case the trade makes perfect sense.

It's true - no one knows for sure; but with the age of our OLB's this pick really matters in 2016 and beyond

So yeah, we've had this conversation. You probably used a different screen name, but the inarticulate rambling and juvenile logic is the same, and familiar.

I've eaten crow about Idzik several times over, I have no problem with it, nobody needed to prompt me to do it, which I'm pretty sure I've told you already in one of your previous attempts to try and "call me on the carpet" for being positive in last year's draft thread. It must drive you nuts that I was humble and simply said I was 100% wrong about Idzik's competence. Took the wind right out of your small, petty "told you so" sails.

I would have been just as happy with Harold as I am with Maudlin. The bold actually implies that we shouldn't be as happy with Harold, which is counter-intuitive to all the arguing you are doing in his favor.

Is there anything you plan on saying here that's going to make sense?

Nah honestly you don't need to apologize, we have never spoken before, Although I love the side story you conceived. I simply read the board a lot. I see you and others riding dik and then arguing with people who feel differently by talking down to them about ramblings and illogic.

Personally I don't care, your a speck of nothing that I can count on to ignore for the future.

No it's not if we had taken Harold you would BOTH be praising him to the high heavens

Hey I am not the ape here, and I mean overall results although it didn't take too long to see idziks mistakes or am I raving about that as well? Face you want to believe so you are going to believe in each and every pick

No it's not if we had taken Harold you would BOTH be praising him to the high heavens

I actually would have looooooved Duke Johnson but I'm just not gonna scream and cry about it like a petulant child. 

I actually would have looooooved Duke Johnson but I'm just not gonna scream and cry about it like a petulant child.

I am not screaming, you hyperbole this to make yourself sound greater, it's pathetic.

We all have ideas how this draft should go, hoping the best for our team.

You and others speaking from your high horses don't make your opinions any more valid

I am not screaming, you hyperbole this to make yourself sound greater, it's pathetic.

You and others speaking from your high horses don't make your opinions any more valid

No, you sound calm and lucid. 

Nah honestly you don't need to apologize, we have never spoken before, Although I love the side story you conceived. I simply read the board a lot. I see you and others riding dik and then arguing with people who feel differently by talking down to them about ramblings and illogic.

Personally I don't care, your a speck of nothing that I can count on to ignore for the future.

Why would I apologize? You're attacking me because I'm happy. Do you realize what a nutball you sound like? 

More stellar logic... I'm a speck of nothing that you've been harboring contempt for for at least a year, basically because I'm a Jets fan.

I think the beautiful irony in this is that I'm under assault for being positive, me, the guy who has hated on Rex Ryan for the past 7 years. Totally.

Oh, so this is about your inferiority complex and insecurity. Now your boner for me makes sense, I tend to hit that nerve in the lesser evolved spectrum of our fanbase.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 5m5 minutes ago

An emotional Lorenzo Mauldin: "This is my chance. I'm going to work hard. I'm going to work harder than hard." #nyj

Now if you hate this pick after reading this, you have no heart and you can go to hell

That quote belongs on a tear-jerking segment on the the NBC Olympic coverage,

It is nothing but talking the talk. I am more interested if the player can walk the walk.

I am neither against OR for this pick. I hope now that he is in Green and White  he is a perennial Pro Bowler. We will see how this kid pans out. But I won't be surprised if he is not a starter for majority of his rookie season. The key will be how he shows up for his sophomore season. Anything he does for us in his rookie season is a bonus.

It is nothing but talking the talk. I am more interested if the player can walk the walk.

I am neither against OR for this pick. I hope now that he is in Green and White  he is a perennial Pro Bowler. We will see how this kid pans out. But I won't be surprised if he is not a starter for majority of his rookie season. The key will be how he shows up for his sophomore season. Anything he does for us in his rookie season is a bonus.

I don't think he was "talking the talk."  It was genuine.  I don't doubt that he'll play above his draft grade.  How quickly he adjusts to the NFL will be anyone's guess, but it's real hard not to like the pick in the context of his background.  It's shaped him into what he is and there's value to that.  

It's also okay if a player just turns out to be a very productive role player that does his job. This team has been devoid of those guys as much as perennial pro-bowlers.

So, Maudlin only converted to OLB in his final year in college. He's pretty versatile.

Hey snowman, I'm excited about this kid. He sounds and looks very intense. It's about time we drafted a kid like this on defense. Can't wait for July.

Let's just take a moment to bask in all the talent we have on defense now.

Wilkerson

Revis

Richardson

Williams

Snacks

Coples

Davis

Harris

Mauldin

+ whatever we can get out of our many other corners, Pryor, Pace, Babin, Gilchrist, and Antonio Allen.  All led by an aggressive and creative defense-minded coach.  

Holy f*ck.  This is like 2009 all over again except we actually might have a real NFL passing game on the other side of the ball with Fitzmagic, Gailey, an improved line and alllllll the weaponz.

I don't think he was "talking the talk."  It was genuine.  I don't doubt that he'll play above his draft grade.  How quickly he adjusts to the NFL will be anyone's guess, but it's real hard not to like the pick in the context of his background.  It's shaped him into what he is and there's value to that.  

I like that he is dialed in and ready to work hard. All i am saying is I want to see him perform by Season 2 as a legit starter. Rest is all fluff.

Hey snowman, I'm excited about this kid. He sounds and looks very intense. It's about time we drafted a kid like this on defense. Can't wait for July.

Agreed.

I don't know that he'll be the best athlete on the field, but anyone that has paid attention to this league long enough knows that what beats in the chest can carry a player to a higher level. sh*t, look at that scrawny piece of sh*t Tom Brady. He's basically willed himself into immortality with the psysique of a science teacher. Ray Lewis will the entire Ravens team to multiple SB victories. 

I'm a fan of the heart and soul player, hopefully this kid can be that type of dude for us.

I like that he is dialed in and ready to work hard. All i am saying is I want to see him perform by Season 2 as a legit starter. Rest is all fluff.

Agreed, one has to hope that this OLB pipeline plan that Mac talked about is more than just GM speak.

It's also okay if a player just turns out to be a very productive role player that does his job. This team has been devoid of those guys as much as perennial pro-bowlers.

We have had those guys.

But in this case I hope the ceiling is  a very solid starter by Season 2 and not just a role player. The 6th and 7th round would be a great place to find those Nick Bellore type productive role players.

Why would I apologize? You're attacking me because I'm happy. Do you realize what a nutball you sound like?

More stellar logic... I'm a speck of nothing that you've been harboring contempt for for at least a year, basically because I'm a Jets fan.

I think the beautiful irony in this is that I'm under assault for being positive, me, the guy who has hated on Rex Ryan for the past 7 years. Totally.

Your hate of Ryan has taken your love for anything new to the extreme.

Yeah I'm the nutball, look buddy, I don't remember you from last years draft forum, it wasn't a personnel attack, being insecure is your problem not mine.

Having read jets message boards since before max created this site ( yes ji) I see the constant ebb and flow of those who try to bully others who aren't sunshine and rainbows. If it wasn't you, it be someone else, there is always a group who will cling to the hope we are going in the right direction and will believe it without doubt until proven wrong. I have no time for people like you, there are other sun shiners with far less superiority complex and far more reasoning.

I'm not happy with our third round pick. Other posters posted about our gms philosophy and others posted comments about sticking with it for the big pay out.

Those are the people I want to talk to, not you.

Let's just take a moment to bask in all the talent we have on defense now.

Wilkerson

Revis

Richardson

Williams

Snacks

Coples

Davis

Harris

Mauldin

+ whatever we can get out of our many other corners, Pryor, Pace, Babin, Gilchrist, and Antonio Allen.  All led by an aggressive and creative defense-minded coach.  

Holy f*ck.  This is like 2009 all over again except we actually might have a real NFL passing game on the other side of the ball with Fitzmagic, Gailey, an improved line and alllllll the weaponz.

Don't forget the linebackers we signed Mays, Lattimore and Henderson.  All relatively young, athletic and kind of interchangeable.   

Archived