•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

I still think Jarvis Harrison has Larry Warford ability, but it seems teams feel he's lazy and doesn't really care about football as much as they'd like. 

There was a small run on OL after us in the 4th which cleared most of what was left out. Big drop off now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not want Zac Stacy

I agree, I don't see him having much of a real impact on our squad. I'd much rather take Jay Ajayi in the 5th. Even with the injury concern I'm blown away that he hasn't been picked yet. 

Gurley had an ACL tear and he went in the top ten. How bad could Ajayi's injury be? 

I agree, I don't see him having much of a real impact on our squad. I'd much rather take Jay Ajayi in the 5th. Even with the injury concern I'm blown away that he hasn't been picked yet.

Gurley had an ACL tear and he went in the top ten. How bad could Ajayi's injury be?

Bad enough that no one is going to draft him?

Can't really recover from no cartilage in your knee and rumors are he has a bone on bone condition, similar to what Curtis was dealing with towards the end of his career if I'm not mistaken. 

There was a small run on OL after us in the 4th which cleared most of what was left out. Big drop off now.

There was, but I'm still holding out hope for Harrison and someone can motivate his ass or taking a flier on Collins. I don't recall the bust rate on 5th round picks, but I can't imagine it's any lower than the percentage that Collins actually did have anything to do with his ex's unfortunate death.  Just seems like with a 5th round pick to get a guy who's a probowl RT or OG is worth the risk of him not ever playing. 

Can't really recover from no cartilage in your knee and rumors are he has a bone on bone condition, similar to what Curtis was dealing with towards the end of his career if I'm not mistaken. 

Bone on Bone huh?   Does it make any difference that he is 21 yrs old and it's 10 years later with all the medical possibilities today? There was a time when an Achilles tendon tear meant the end of a career. Not even an issue today. 

I mean I guess the fact that no one is taking him speaks volumes for how bad it is, but I'm still surprised by this slide. 

Does cartilage grow back? I wanna say no, but I'm not sure.

this pick coming up cost us a lot. have to swing for the fences here. La'el or Ajayi. Time is right for these guys with crazy upside and big question marks.

it's only a fifth, take the chance on Collins. Ajayi too, so what if his knees are bad. Get one good contract out if him and then get rid of him

this pick coming up cost us a lot. have to swing for the fences here. La'el or Ajayi. Time is right for these guys with crazy upside and big question marks.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's gotta be OL, and perhaps now they will make a risky pick and take La'el.

Bone on Bone huh?   Does it make any difference that he is 21 yrs old and it's 10 years later with all the medical possibilities today? There was a time when an Achilles tendon tear meant the end of a career. Not even an issue today. 

I mean I guess the fact that no one is taking him speaks volumes for how bad it is, but I'm still surprised by this slide. 

Does cartilage grow back? I wanna say no, but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately no, cartilage does not come back, yet. They're working on some stem-cell regeneration in labs now, but it's still early in the process. It gets absolutely zero blood flow, that's why chronic meniscal tears just end up wearing you down.  Now, him being young, he still probably has more cartilage left than say Curtis did towards the end of his career, but it sounds as if he's a one contract type of player and his knees are just going to cause him too many problems.  On the other hand, he could be less affected by his condition than the average person and get two contracts, who knows.  

Stop it. It didn't cost anything. And it helped secure Petty.

Jesus some of you guys would complain about free tickets to the Super Bowl.

it's only a fifth, take the chance on Collins. Ajayi too, so what if his knees are bad. Get one good contract out if him and then get rid of him

I'd prefer--if they take a risk--that they take it on La'el over Ajayi, as I think OL is a bigger need.

Unfortunately no, cartilage does not come back, yet. They're working on some stem-cell regeneration in labs now, but it's still early in the process. It gets absolutely zero blood flow, that's why chronic meniscal tears just end up wearing you down.  Now, him being young, he still probably has more cartilage left than say Curtis did towards the end of his career, but it sounds as if he's a one contract type of player and his knees are just going to cause him too many problems.  On the other hand, he could be less affected by his condition than the average person and get two contracts, who knows.  

Damn. Didn't think so. That's a shame for the kid.

But, he could end up being a steal for someone.

There was, but I'm still holding out hope for Harrison and someone can motivate his ass or taking a flier on Collins. I don't recall the bust rate on 5th round picks, but I can't imagine it's any lower than the percentage that Collins actually did have anything to do with his ex's unfortunate death.  Just seems like with a 5th round pick to get a guy who's a probowl RT or OG is worth the risk of him not ever playing. 

I dunno. The stuff these franchises do now to investigate what's going on is all kinds of ****ed up and invasive. If he has slipped this far I think they found out something is up.

Damn. Didn't think so. That's a shame for the kid.

But, he could end up being a steal for someone.

Yea, really is. Hope he can at least get one contract out of it that'll help set him up for life if he's smart with it.  Reminds me of the 1st round NBA talent that finds out he has a cardiac abnormality the week before the draft and has his dreams swiped away from him over night. 

I dunno. The stuff these franchises do now to investigate what's going on is all kinds of ****ed up and invasive. If he has slipped this far I think they found out something is up.

True. Part of it is I just would rather assume a kid is innocent than the heinous alternative, not sure I'm ready to start doing the alternative yet. 

True. Part of it is I just would rather assume a kid is innocent than the heinous alternative, not sure I'm ready to start doing the alternative yet. 

There was a story on Deadspin the other day about how Jax had a scout go to Blackmon's favorite spot in Stillwater every day for weeks and sit there all day, just to see if he'd show up and how he'd act. That was a guy's actual job.

Archived