ESPN of NFL NETWORK draft coverage

It's probably brought up here every year but I haven't been around that long.

What channel do you guys like viewing for draft coverage.  Many flip back and forth during the night but if you had to stay on on channel which one is it?  I am usually watching ESPN's coverage most of the time and flipping to NFL Network here and there as needed.  I'm starting to think I may watch more NFL network this year because of the war room cameras.

ESPN, it's not even close. NFL Network has become a celebrity red carpet horsesh*t commercial type show. They talk about anything BUT football. Plus, I can't stand Roger Goodell's dumbass, they interview this idiot each year for an hour to talk about some stupid sh*t nobody cares about. Charles Davis is also too irritating for me to deal with, that constant, dumb smile on his face. Just like Jeremiah. I hate these two.

Berman > Eisen (used to be a huge Eisen fan)

Schefter > Rapoport (he's trying so hard to be like Schefter)

Gruden > Mariucci

Ray Lewis > Charles Davis / Jeremiah

The only thing NFL Network has going for them is Mike Mayock. Mel Kiper is a moron but he's entertaining. Also, I think Ray won't even be on unfortunately. He was spot on last year with all his projections. Bummer.

ESPN, it's not even close. NFL Network has become a celebrity red carpet horsesh*t commercial type show. They talk about anything BUT football. Plus, I can't stand Roger Goodell's dumbass, they interview this idiot each year for an hour to talk about some stupid sh*t nobody cares about. Charles Davis is also too irritating for me to deal with, that constant, dumb smile on his face. Just like Jeremiah. I hate these two.

Gruden > Mariucci

The only thing NFL Network has going for them is Mike Mayock. Mel Kiper is a moron but he's entertaining. Also, I think Ray won't even be on unfortunately. He was spot on last year with all his projections. Bummer.

I laugh so hard at how much Rapoport trys to imitate Schefter. The way he talks, looks, and acts really bothers me.

I laugh so hard at how much Rapoport trys to imitate Schefter. The way he talks, looks, and acts really bothers me.

He's ripping off everything Schefter does. The way he talks, he's even trying to look like Schefter. Pretty pathetic. And he doesn't even have any sources, that's the funniest thing about him. He never breaks any news, all he does is repeat what guys like Schefter or Glazer are reporting and the guys on NFL Network go "our own Ian Rapoport has some breaking news! Ian..." when this stuff is already all over twitter.

Just use the twitter thing, they announce the picks there about 5-10 minutes earlier then the either station does, it's like the old days when it was about finding out who is drafting who, instead of 5 blowhards talking about 5 different players and arguing who should be the pick even thou the pick is already known 5 minutes earlier.

Just use the twitter thing, they announce the picks there about 5-10 minutes earlier then the either station does, it's like the old days when it was about finding out who is drafting who, instead of 5 blowhards talking about 5 different players and arguing who should be the pick even thou the pick is already known 5 minutes earlier.

Good thinking.  Plus you can watch Rangers playoff hockey unencumbered by the NFL's cheap theatrics. 

• Upvote 1

Good thinking.  Plus you can watch Rangers playoff hockey unencumbered by the NFL's cheap theatrics. 

They better beat up on the Caps. They are dirty bastards. I'm an Islander fan but I am rooting for the Rangers now.

I actually enjoy the picks being announced and for this I will turn off my Twitter notifications.   I am looking forward to being here on the boards during the draft but I'm guessing I will be reading about picks before they happen.  Oh well, at least I like you guys.

They better beat up on the Caps. They are dirty bastards. I'm an Islander fan but I am rooting for the Rangers now.

I was really pulling for a Rangers/Islanders series.  That would have been epic, and a great send-off for the Coliseum.  You guys had a really nice season. Here's to kicking the crap out of the Caps.  :cheers:

I just wish they spent the 15 min split between the player and team that just selected and the next team and potential player after 4 months of Marriota/Winston for two more days. It will be pick 8 and they still they will be talking about pick  1 or two.

What would be nice if CBS Sports did a better show aimed at guys who are more in tuned with the draft.  A couple of ex GMs like Dominik and Savage, some colorful ex coaches like Dennis Green and Parcells, a couple of Draft guys like Rang and DeThomas  with Jim Nantz being the host. 

• Upvote 1

Gruden > Mariucci

If Ray Lewis is on ESPN coverage I'm watching nfl network. How could anyone actually enjoy him?

If Ray Lewis is on ESPN coverage I'm watching nfl network. How could anyone actually enjoy him?

Trust me, he's not the same guy you hear on the field or in other interviews. He's very analytical, no "God" bullsh*t, and again, he was always spot on with his projections. Of all the guys around him he was constantly the guy who hit the nail on the head before the picks were announced, the other guys were always wrong. Whenever Ray made his pick they were like "um...really?" and sure enough that's what Goodell announced a couple seconds later. I hate his Jesus shtick, but he was awesome on ESPN last year.

• Upvote 1

Trust me, he's not the same guy you hear on the field or in other interviews. He's very analytical, no "God" bullsh*t, and again, he was always spot on with his projections. Of all the guys around him he was constantly the guy who hit the nail on the head before the picks were announced, the other guys were always wrong. Whenever Ray made his pick they were like "um...really?" and sure enough that's what Goodell announced a couple seconds later. I hate his Jesus shtick, but he was awesome on ESPN last year.

I despise everything about Ray Lewis off the football field, including his current TV appearances- and specifically as an analyst on MNF. But by golly, he was certainly better than a lot of others at last year's draft. 

Both, but ESPN first.

NFL for a while was better, but the last couple years they have been so focused even in the first round on their guests and stories that they actually completely miss entire picks and don't even discuss them. ESPN still hypes each pick and discusses them separately, and don't have Shefter or their video spoil them (or have Boomer act like a genius) so it's better overall for the initial picks.

Sirius XM actually has the best coverage, so I may pause both, listen to Sirius XM as well. Not sure the sequence though.

Gruden > Mariucci

Ray Lewis > ANYBODY....you can't be ******* serious!!!!!! He will definitely be a deal breaker for me tonight. I can't standddddd listening to Ray Lewis. 

And how can people not like Charles Davis? He's the best. Usually not on until second or third day though, I believe. 

Both, but ESPN first.

NFL for a while was better, but the last couple years they have been so focused even in the first round on their guests and stories that they actually completely miss entire picks and don't even discuss them. ESPN still hypes each pick and discusses them separately, and don't have Shefter or their video spoil them (or have Boomer act like a genius) so it's better overall for the initial picks.

Sirius XM actually has the best coverage, so I may pause both, listen to Sirius XM as well. Not sure the sequence though.

Agree NFL Network dropped the ball last year....