RUMOR: Jets Offer for Tennessee 1st round pick

Latinlawyer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they think that Mariota is a franchise QB, then I hope they make the move to go up and get him.  He could potentially flourish in Chan Gailey's system, which has made some suspect QBs look very good, and the price doesn't appear like it would be nearly as high as the Redskins had to fork over to move up for RGIII.

This is true. Its never fully troll until your two buddies find the opportunity to take their hands out of your back pants pocket in order to +1 your trolling. Thats when you  know you've earned trolling in its rare form. 

I think that we need to go to the tape to further review this.

Latin is a vet and a smart dude. Either he just forgot to sauce or this is A+ trolling.

I love how he dropped this bombshell with no explanation, and then didn't post in the thread again. 

Your quite welcome I thought this was a discussion board not a bitch moan complain and ridicule the next guy session. 

Macca is a recent scout.  He's extremely qualified to make a great pick tonight.  I'm good with whatever way he goes.  I'd be pumped if we tapped a QB but I'm not going to be disappointed if it's a fat lineman.

SAR I

Ah Los Yets!!! Those were the days.

Actually, got a tip from an insider and then after I posted it I had three back to back meetings. Apologies for having a job...

Tip from an insider? Like the mailroom-guy-sitting-on-the-toilet insider? Pulling a Favre?

Tip from an insider? Like the mailroom-guy-sitting-on-the-toilet insider? Pulling a Favre?

I know a guy who works for the Jets. He and I go way back and to be honest, sometimes when he calls me we get into an argument because he is a big Geno guy. BUT, he is close enough to the war room that he saw the big board and he has been around for the discussions on the trade partners. 

FYI, Jets were looking to trade up for Mariota (Tennesee turned them down) and Fowler (but the Jags wanted too much). They thought the Redskins had a deal in place for when Williams fell and when the Skins selected the OL, the Jets were happy but still waited to see if an amazing deal presented itself. It did not so they selected Williams who was the #2 guy on their board (Fowler was #, Mariota was #3 but had a star on his name meaning it was a high need vs. just a need like fowler). 

Anyway, I put the info out there for your benefit...believe it or not...maybe I will just keep these tidbits to myself. 

LL

Archived