How about this Rapoport rumor?

Dcat

I don't have the link, but it's from Ian Rapoprt. If Kevin White is there at #6, then the Jets will swap 1st rounders with the Rams #10 and get Tavon Austin plus a mid round pick. No like Austin. I'd rather have the WVU Beast than the WVU midget.

Austin sucks....he'd basically be a throw in this deal with the 3rd rounder being the main piece for trading back 4 spots.

Think I'd rather have White though, guess it depends who we can get at 10.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I love it - I love Peat!!!   I fear White's lack of upper body strength and drops.  Tavon is perfect for this year as we have two tall strong receivers who dont have the elite speed Tavon has, plus Geno loves his Tavon - and Tavon fits the spread offense.

1st Rnd Peat

2nd Rnd Eli Harold

3rd Rnd Duke Johnson

Ultimate Draft

• Upvote 1

I don't have the link, but it's from Ian Rapoprt. If Kevin White is there at #6, then the Jets will swap 1st rounders with the Rams #10 and get Tavon Austin plus a mid round pick. No like Austin. I'd rather have the WVU Beast than the WVU midget.

I wouldn't love the move, I dislike Tavon Austin, but he did do pretty well with Geno at WVU so if they could bring that chemistry to the Jets it might not be that bad.

I don't think that this is an awful trade, depending upon what mid round pick we get in addition, because Tavon is a game breaker in the slot and would play immediately. We have wanted Tavon for years, he is Geno's boy (I know, I know), and we still select a really good player in the first round (Peat? Gurley?)

• Upvote 1

I think so too. Im just worried that we may have to stay in front of the Giants. Everyone is talking about Brandon Scherff to the Giants but I believe that they could draft Peat

Scherff wouldn't be a bad consolation prize

We do need a punt returner.

Really hate that Kerley deal even more now

Yeah, Scherff wouldnt be bad, but next year we're most likely going to cut D'Brick given his salary. No way in the world I want our best Tackle on either side of the line to be Giaccomini. If we can address the LT position this year it will take care of a position this year without us having to reach it will really lighten the load next year. Its not like Mangold is getting any younger also. 

Don't want Austin. Trying to make Geno happy.

Kerley's deal only has $1.8 million in dead money if we cut him after this season.  I don't think his contract is a big deal either way, and he's probably one of the more trade-able players on the team with a contract that's not obscene.

If you want a WR and Kevin White is on the board - you draft Kevin White.  It's that simple.

If you don't want a WR, then there may be rationale for trading back to fill other needs, getting Tavon Austin as a side-piece in the deal, and then trading Jeremy Kerley for another pick.

Perhaps the goal is drafting a lineman and why reach at 6.  Trade back and get one of the best linemen in the draft plus a mid rounder and a slot wr.  IF we want a lineman then make the deal unless u get a better offer to move back but not too far back.