welcome to the JETS, Leonard Williams!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

frickin' A!!   Best player in the draft @ 6. This really has me optimistic about Macc. Great job filling holes in FA, and BPA right out of the box. He could have caved to the pressure of not needing

Stupid pick. Don't believe in BPA philosophy that much. Bye Bye Wilkerson.

Williams is not coming off the field on third downs.

you can't play a 6 man defensive line!  I'm sure he's great and everyone says he's the best player regardless of position.... but....

Maybe trade MO for another first?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

you can't play a 6 man defensive line! I'm sure he's great and everyone says he's the best player regardless of position.... but....

Leonard was the best player of the draft. Rated #1 or #2 by many scouts. You take him. There are no ifs or buts. Could've been a trade bait, but it's not easy to do that.

• Upvote 3

If I have to wear another jersey of an ex Jet I'm going to be pissed. I only bought the Wilkerson bc I thought he'd be a Jet for a long time. If this pick means a trade for him it better be a worthwhile one.

WE HAVE THE BEST DEFENSIVE LINE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL :wild:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just keep that to "the best defense in the history of the NFL".

you can't play a 6 man defensive line! I'm sure he's great and everyone says he's the best player regardless of position.... but....

Giants won a SB that way

I'm not going to hate on getting the best defensive player in the draft. But, the Jets probably didn't want him as evidenced by the way they ran out the clock---clearly looking to trade back if possible.

What are the implications? Can Mo, Sheldon, Harrison and Williams co-exist? Will they play them in a 4-3 front, is that the idea? Or is Mo a guaranteed goner?

If you wanted to keep your home grown talent, can you afford to --- eventually--- spend a third of your cap on your defensive line?

This D is scary now...more frightening I mean....good thing MM went number 2

D was scary before, what's Williams' ceiling? A little better than Wilkerson maybe? That's also being very generous considering Wilkerson is the second best 3-4 end in the league. Now you say trade Wilkerson for a 1st, if that happens who do you take? DGB? Gurley? Peat? All those guys could've been taken at 6 with Mo on the team. Stupid move to try and show he takes BPA.

• Upvote 1

Mo doesn't need to be traded. They could easily use all of them.

In a 4-3 look or just a rotation? Because Williams is a very good player, but I don't know how psyched I would be to spend a 6th overall pick to get a guy that's going to play 2 downs.

D was scary before, what's Williams' ceiling? A little better than Wilkerson maybe? That's also being very generous considering Wilkerson is the second best 3-4 end in the league. Now you say trade Wilkerson for a 1st, if that happens who do you take? DGB? Gurley? Peat? All those guys could've been taken at 6 with Mo on the team. Stupid move to try and show he takes BPA.

Yeah I'd rather have White and Mo than Williams and Gurley/Peat/etc.

• Upvote 1

In a 4-3 look or just a rotation? Because Williams is a very good player, but I don't know how psyched I would be to spend a 6th overall pick to get a guy that's going to play 2 downs.

Williams is not coming off the field on third downs.

• Upvote 4