Don't get this Leonard Williams pick at all

Sully28

Don't get me wrong. I get it. It's a good pick given what was on the board. It's just...yet another sh*t season to get yet another defensive lineman. So anticlimactic. The whole thing was a resounding meh to me. If it's in the interest of a super unit, great. If not, I dunno, I'm just meh about it.

Nailed it.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I desperately wanted to see an offensive player picked, and was praying Cooper dropped to us, but its really hard to be upset when you get a guy who is arguably the best overall talent in the draft, and it helps you create mismatches which are a big part of winning in this league. 

Don't get me wrong. I get it. It's a good pick given what was on the board. It's just...yet another sh*t season to get yet another defensive lineman. So anticlimactic. The whole thing was a resounding meh to me. If it's in the interest of a super unit, great. If not, I dunno, I'm just meh about it.

Thank god we don't draft based on trying to make you excited. 

Absolutely.  A bad QB is a bad QB, no matter how many weapons you surround him with.  We have plenty of weapons on our roster for any reasonably good QB to work with.  Geno Smith is not close to being a reasonably good QB.

Lol you better find another team to root for then because when the smoke clears he will be under center. 

Then you should be happy right now, because that's exactly what we're doing.  We didn't draft Williams with the intention that he just takes Mo's spot on the roster.  We took Williams because he's the best f*ckin player in the draft.  Period.  Quit sulking, it's unbecoming.

I will do no such thing until every single person on this board personally apologizes for Woody not firing Rex at the bye because it cost us Amari Cooper.

Lol you better find another team to root for then because when the smoke clears he will be under center. 

Only way Geno starts Week 1 is if the smoke never clears.  That's the only way he wins that competition, by the coaches not being able to see him play.

I will do no such thing until every single person on this board personally apologizes for Woody not firing Rex at the bye because it cost us Amari Cooper.

I'd rather have a non-sociopathic Suh than Roddy White.  Much easier to pass-rush your way to a title than to WR your way to a title.  But you're right, Oakland is the organization we should be emulating here.

That's not our problem. That's the way the draft went. If Washington had taken Williams, we probably would have traded back. Since Williams was there, we wanted more to trade back and didn't get it, so we drafted him.

That's not our problem. That's the way the draft went. If Washington had taken Williams, we probably would have traded back. Since Williams was there, we wanted more to trade back and didn't get it, so we drafted him.

For the second time, I get it. Nowhere did I say it's a bad pick or the Jets shouldn't have done it.

For the second time, I get it. Nowhere did I say it's a bad pick or the Jets shouldn't have done it.

lolwut?  You've also been saying it was a "meh" pick.  That doesn't exactly scream confidence.  You're allowed to not be fully happy but that generally means you wanted someone else there.

So who did you really want?

At that pick? Who the **** knows. All I know is that for yet another year we got what fell to us rather than having a choice between anything. It's why we're forever stuck in mediocrity. If people want to call it bitching that's fine, but the actions of the owner and the coach last season just cost us a lot and it's stuff that has to be continuously factored into a discussion on why we can't ever seem to get over the hump.

At that pick? Who the **** knows. All I know is that for yet another year we got what fell to us rather than having a choice between anything. It's why we're forever stuck in mediocrity. If people want to call it bitching that's fine, but the actions of the owner and the coach last season just cost us a lot and it's stuff that has to be continuously factored into a discussion on why we can't ever seem to get over the hump.

Oh I see.  Sounds a lot like complaining just to complain.  "What fell to us" was the best player in the draft.  3 picks higher and we're still probably taking him.  A pick like this is exactly how you "get over the hump".  We took the BPA.  Taking the BPA and nailing your picks as a result is how you win titles, no?

Yes, at the time, I too complained about us winning meaningless games.  In the end it didn't matter.  The 5 teams picking ahead of us made the wrong choice.  They'll rue the day they passed on Williams.  Be happy!

To have a full choice, we would needed to have the worst record in the NFL.

No scratch that, we did have a choice. Williams, White or trade back. Since you need two to tango for a trade, the choice was Williams or White. So they did have a choice.

I'd rather have a non-sociopathic Suh than Roddy White.  Much easier to pass-rush your way to a title than to WR your way to a title.  But you're right, Oakland is the organization we should be emulating here.

It cracks me up that the people who were rooting for the Jets to lose for draft position are crying like little bitches because the Jets landed the best player in the draft.

lolwut?  You've also been saying it was a "meh" pick.  That doesn't exactly scream confidence.  You're allowed to not be fully happy but that generally means you wanted someone else there.

Stop trolling, read. I didn't say it was a meh pick. I said the concept is meh. I said getting yet another defensive lineman for the 4th time in 5 years after one of the most excruciating seasons ever was anticlimactic.

THE BEST ******* PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT IS WHAT FELL TO US. 

Oh I see. Sounds a lot like complaining just to complain. "What fell to us" was the best player in the draft. 3 picks higher and we're still probably taking him. A pick like this is exactly how you "get over the hump". We took the BPA. Taking the BPA and nailing your picks as a result is how you win titles, no?

Yes. You're right. Complaining just to complain. Bestplayerindraftandstuff so unconditionally happy and **** you if you have any sort of critique at all. Jesus man. This is JiF level sh*t you're saying here. Get a grip.

I don't mind Double O either but I don't think any LB left has the motor that Gregory does, playing high is a bad habbit that could be coached out. Speed, burst, acceleration is a gift that cant be trained.

Playing high is something totally different for Gregory.

Stop trolling, read. I didn't say it was a meh pick. I said the concept is meh. I said getting yet another defensive lineman for the 4th time in 5 years after one of the most excruciating seasons ever was anticlimactic.

It's not trolling.  You say you don't like the pick but don't have a clue who you actually wanted.  I'm reading exactly what you're writing and it makes no sense.  Help me understand. 

Yes. You're right. Complaining just to complain. Bestplayerindraftandstuff so unconditionally happy and **** you if you have any sort of critique at all. Jesus man. This is JiF level sh*t you're saying here. Get a grip.

If it was an intelligent critique you're making I'd be fully on board to hear you out.

Oh I see.  Sounds a lot like complaining just to complain.  "What fell to us" was the best player in the draft.  3 picks higher and we're still probably taking him.  A pick like this is exactly how you "get over the hump".  We took the BPA.  Taking the BPA and nailing your picks as a result is how you win titles, no?

Nope.  Cheering for you team to lose vs. division rivals is the thing to do because you get the best possible draft, oh wait, the Jets did get the best player in the draft.

So let me cry about something else, okay? 

It's not trolling.  You say you don't like the pick but don't have a clue who you actually wanted.  I'm reading exactly what you're writing and it makes no sense.  Help me understand.

I wanted the #2 pick. Which we should have had. We didn't, so we got another DL. Not sure why I need to be ecstatic about this.

Nope.  Cheering for you team to lose vs. division rivals is the thing to do because you get the best possible draft, oh wait, the Jets did get the best player in the draft.

So let me cry about something else, okay? 

MEH!!!!

I wanted the #2 pick. Which we should have had. We didn't, so we got another DL. Not sure why I need to be ecstatic about this.

And who would you be taking with said 2nd pick?

If your answer is "I don't f*cking know, just someone!" that's not adequate.  If you have a specific player you liked better I'm cool with that.  Everyone's board is different.

Archived