Round 2 Playmaker

Davidkjet

Now that we addressed Round1 without screwing up the gift pick (finally), we need an offensive playmaker.

DEVIN SMITH  WR

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith

Smith to Smith - TD JETS!!!  SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!

DGB

Honestly, yeah.

I want to believe that influencers in the locker room like Marshall and Decker at the same position would help insulate the off-field risk. 

Randy. Moss. 

Honestly, yeah.

I want to believe that influencers in the locker room like Marshall and Decker at the same position would help insulate the off-field risk. 

Randy. Moss. 

That's all I keep thinking about...what if????

Honestly, yeah.

Randy. Moss.

DGB would have no pressure on him he could learn routes and the play book and by year 3 when Marshall is probably not even on the team he can slide in and be out Calvin Johnson.

That's all I keep thinking about...what if????

DGB would have no pressure on him he could learn routes and the play book and by year 3 when Marshall is probably not even on the team he can slide in and be out Calvin Johnson.

Agreed. No pressure on this guy to carry the team this year. He'll learn from two dedicated, hard-working, right-minded veteran WRs. 

You could say the same about any WR we take at this point though... just not sure any have the ceiling of DGB

Honestly, yeah.

Randy. Moss.

Personally, I am partial to Conley, but not in the 2nd and we don't have a 4th.  I prefer Strong to DGB, but that does not mean much.  I think the board tends to overrate Green-Beckham, but that probably makes me underrate him

Perhaps. But is a ceiling of, say, Andre Johnson feasible? With that size and talent I think that's a pessimistic "best case" scenario.

I think any of us would jump on 10+ years of Andre Johnson in his prime in the second round.

Perhaps. But is a ceiling of, say, Andre Johnson feasible? With that size and talent I think that's a pessimistic "best case" scenario.

I think any of us would jump on 10+ years of Andre Johnson in his prime in the second round.

I think most of us would sign up for the ceiling of any of these guys.  It is the floor we are worried about

I think most of us would sign up for the ceiling of any of these guys.  It is the floor we are worried about

Well that's there with any of these guys now, though. That's why they're in the second round. I'd name all the WRs the Pats have taken on day 2, but I can't remember a single name...and so is my point lol

DGB may have positive guys around him but if he's a head case will he be able to handle not being heavily involved from the beginning? Plus we want to minimize Geno's attempts as we play defense and run the ball so his chances would be limited for a while. Devin is a guy that would be perfect for us but I know he is not as talented as DBG.

Did I Say Geno?

Well that's there with any of these guys now, though. That's why they're in the second round. I'd name all the WRs the Pats have taken on day 2, but I can't remember a single name...and so is my point lol

I prefer Conley.  I'm not sure why his ceiling is any lower.  Conley is lighter and shorter,  but still fairly big and way faster, way better jumper, longer arms, bigger hands, better route runner and great attitude.  Trouble with Conley is that his production is down because Georgia ran a bunch.  He looks good catching the ball to me in videos, but he apparently dropped a decent number of balls in the gauntlet.  I like Strong, but I can understand why people are "meh" on him.  Seems to have a higher floor/lower ceiling.  I certainly would understand Smith - a speedster would probably be preferable to pair with the big bodies of Marshall/Decker.

I prefer Conley. I'm not sure why his ceiling is any lower. Conley is lighter and shorter, but still fairly big and way faster, way better jumper, longer arms, bigger hands, better route runner and great attitude. Trouble with Conley is that his production is down because Georgia ran a bunch. He looks good catching the ball to me in videos, but he apparently dropped a decent number of balls in the gauntlet. I like Strong, but I can understand why people are "meh" on him. Seems to have a higher floor/lower ceiling. I certainly would understand Smith - a speedster would probably be preferable to pair with the big bodies of Marshall/Decker.

I remember watching Conley at the combine...really, really impressive. I wouldn't have been surprised if Strong went last night. I get the floor argument on both he and DGB, can't really fault anyone for wanting to avoid a WR like that.

Now that we addressed Round1 without screwing up the gift pick (finally), we need an offensive playmaker.

DEVIN SMITH WR

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith

Smith to Smith - TD JETS!!! SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!

Devin Smith is a Marqise Lee clone. Many were clamoring for Marqise last year for the same reasons. I said hell no. One-trick ponies that trap the ball with their body.

He will bust... Lee already is.

Jalen Strong or even Hardy would be nice. People forget how good Hardy is at catching. Wouldn't look at Hardy until round 3 though.

Jaelen Strong is a pretty good player, physical, catches with his hands... but creates very little separation.

Better to take a quality O-Lineman in round 2 and maybe Tyler Lockett in round 3.

For the record, you guys are suggesting Brandon Marshall as a mentor? A positive guy?  Dedicated?  Hard working?  Brandon Marshall?

Brandon Marshall's "rap sheet"
New Bears receiver is no stranger to trouble
March 14, 2012Newly acquired Bears receiver Brandon Marshall has a long list of off-field incidents and twice has been arrested for suspicion of domestic violence. Here is a timeline of those events.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla.,  on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.

pixel.gifMarch 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.

Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.

March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.

Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.

April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”

Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

Sources: Tribune news services, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-14/sports/chi-brandon-marshalls-rap-sheet-20120314_1_brandon-marshall-rasheedah-watley-press-charges

Umm, D Smith immediately takes the top off the defense and catches EVERYTHING!

Smith or DGB is fine by me so long as we have a legit threat to keep the opposing defenses honest and not stack the box against the run.

Either one combined with Marshall, Decker and Kerley creates one on one nightmares.

While tempting, we need to pass on Gregory here in Round 2 and hook up the offense.

DGB, Smith, Strong, Gregory, Collins (CB type), Collins (SS type), Fisher. Some pretty good names left on the board to name a few I would say we have some good options going into tonight, I could definitely see a trade down happening too maby let the Stealers move up for one of the Collins'. I think we made the right pick last night and in Mac I trust.

Devin Smith is a Marqise Lee clone. Many were clamoring for Marqise last year for the same reasons. I said hell no. One-trick ponies that trap the ball with their body.

He will bust... Lee already is.

How is Lee a bust? He had multiple injuries he was playing through and missing games last year.

Also, I don't see how the two are similar as prospects except in size.

Archived