welcome to the JETS, Devin Smith!!

Blackout

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy sh*t! The first catch on that video was OBJ like

I know, this guy looks legit!

They were comparing him to a Torrey Smith with better ball skills. He looks like he'll give us that deep threat we've needed, and hopefully can develop into a complete receiver with time......but for now he fits in perfect with Marshall, Decker and Kerley!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Great football speed as well as 40 time, great hands, a natural football player, tracks the ball in the air as well as anyone.  Fantastic pick.

Also was the best gunner in college football, look for him to do that.

I think he has the football IQ to adapt and run more routes than the fly.  Ohio State just asked him to go deep all the time but this guy is a player.

I hate this pick. A one-trick pony will get smothered in the NFL. All he does is run fly routes...

that's not true.  In the least.   He has the speed for sure and he uses it.  Whatever.  You'll get over it.

DGB is too much of a headcase. I really liked strong but smith was my top choice. He has speed AND good hands

agreed.  DGB is more than a headache.  After meeting him, some teams felt he reinforced the vibe that he was just a really bad risk.  

Exactly what we're lacking if his skill set works out. Perfect compliment to Decker and Marshall.

We're loaded with options on offense right now - Especially if Amaro improves. Incredible change from last season.

Please Amaro make me a believer!!

Big Mac turned WRs and DBs into a strength and made the D Line scary-good.

You're right, incredible change.

Exactly what we needed, a WR that could blow the top off the defense.

With Decker & Marshall working underneath, just the THREAT of a player like Smith will give our guys a lot of room to work.

That's without even mentioning Amaro abusing LBs!

3rd round should be QB or RB.

This is a plan being developed here by the Jets and you can literally feel the difference!!!

A decent pick.

But he needs to work on his concentration issues and the dropsies as a result of that. That should be his and his coaches primary task in his rookie season.

Route running not up to professional levels but looks like someone who could get better at that.

Please Amaro make me a believer!!

Big Mac turned WRs and DBs into a strength and made the D Line scary-good.

You're right, incredible change.

If he steps up, that would be huge for us. We need Amaro to take a huge step forward and I think he will in this offense

Like the pick, Speed translates over to football field, not just in shorts, locates the ball well.  We have 3 polished excellent route runners already on the roster, so this gives him a chance to learn how to run routes, but also contributing by taking the top off the defense.  You put Smith, Decker, Marshall, and Amaro on the field with Marshall lined up in the slot Ivory is going to see 6 in the box, and Marshall is a tremendous blocker, this is so awesome for the running game not just the passing game.  Hopefully in 2-3 years Smith polishes his route running, and becomes a #1 WR when Marshall is gone.

There must be something wrong with Jaelen Strong that we do not know about. An injury or he got caught doing something bad that is not public. Otherwise there is no way he has not been picked in the first 43 picks.

He gets ZERO separation. Watch the tape.

Gregory was sooooooooooooooo tempting to be that final piece to the defense that would coronate MacCags's job creating this defensive roster the equivalent of the Sistine Chapel.

Smith is a GREAT PICK! The next Wesley Walker ?

The way things are going..He might be there at 70

Like the pick, Speed translates over to football field, not just in shorts, locates the ball well.  We have 3 polished excellent route runners already on the roster, so this gives him a chance to learn how to run routes, but also contributing by taking the top off the defense.  You put Smith, Decker, Marshall, and Amaro on the field with Marshall lined up in the slot Ivory is going to see 6 in the box, and Marshall is a tremendous blocker, this is so awesome for the running game not just the passing game.  Hopefully in 2-3 years Smith polishes his route running, and becomes a #1 WR when Marshall is gone.

I like this post. 

IIRC, thats what they said about Brandon Marshall.

Where are you watching this tape ? Youtube ?

That is all I have access to. I watched all of it. Not just the highlights but the supposed full game reels. I saw a guy that was almost never wide open... in college! Jaelen Strong has nice hands, snatches the ball away from defenders, and is physical.

But if he cant separate in college, the NFL corners will be in his back pocket and he wont win so many 50/50 balls.

Archived