welcome to the JETS, Devin Smith!!

Blackout

Please Amaro make me a believer!!

Big Mac turned WRs and DBs into a strength and made the D Line scary-good.

You're right, incredible change.

This is a radically different approach to constructing a team then what we have seen under the previous two GMs.

Even if this plan of Mac is NOT successful at least it was a plan that address the present and the future, this is all you can ask from your team.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is all I have access to. I watched all of it. Not just the highlights but the supposed full game reels. I saw a guy that was almost never wide open... in college! Jaelen Strong has nice hands, snatches the ball away from defenders, and is physical.

But if he cant separate in college, the NFL corners will be in his back pocket and he wont win so many 50/50 balls.

I dont think he is dropping because of that. He is a better prospect than some WR's already drafted ahead of him. We will find out what happened. It has to be an injury (some concerns of whether he needs wrist surgery or not) or something we do not know about.

Gregory was sooooooooooooooo tempting to be that final piece to the defense that would coronate MacCags's job creating this defensive roster the equivalent of the Sistine Chapel.

Smith is a GREAT PICK! The next Wesley Walker ?

nfl network reported gregory was 90 minutes late to his raiders meeting and totally blew off another team meeting

dude isn't stable

I hate this pick. A one-trick pony will get smothered in the NFL. All he does is run fly routes...

when your building a team it has many different parts. maybe the Jets are not going to be asking this guy to do too much. Remember Dedric Ward ? Burner made some huge catches for us, stretched the field ... That's what I see this guy doing , ot to mention most are saying he worked hard to shapen up his short routes and succeeded. Rememebr its a team and we have our number 1 and number 2 WR's

I dont think he is dropping because of that. He is a better prospect than some WR's already drafted ahead of him. We will find out what happened. It has to be an injury (some concerns of whether he needs wrist surgery or not) or something we do not know about.

Maybe. I like Strong. He does everything he is capable of correctly. He wont drop the ball. He just isnt quick or fast enough. His ceiling is a #2 possession guy. Reminds me of Cotchery.

DGB doesn't fit our team. We have two big Wrs on the outside already. We needed a flat out speed guy.

DGB is a speed guy, but has a case of the Dropsies - I would compare DGB to a more polished Stephen Hill.  Smith is also raw but a bit faster and with better hands, I can understand the rational of the pick.

when your building a team it has many different parts. maybe the Jets are not going to be asking this guy to do too much. Remember Dedric Ward ? Burner made some huge catches for us, stretched the field ... That's what I see this guy doing , ot to mention most are saying he worked hard to shapen up his short routes and succeeded. Rememebr its a team and we have our number 1 and number 2 WR's

I don't think he plays particularly fast. He seems like an average receiver, not hating the pick but I don't see burner.

nfl network reported gregory was 90 minutes late to his raiders meeting and totally blew off another team meeting

dude isn't stable

I have the TV station on but Queen on Fire - LIVE @ the bowl Blaring in the stereo

So that interview they showed of him not positive?

I hope I'm wrong about Devin Smith. The body catching is really, really bad but he is certainly athletic enough to learn other routes. I just worry about him vs press coverage and only 1 route.

And Sanjay Lal is gone...

That is all I have access to. I watched all of it. Not just the highlights but the supposed full game reels. I saw a guy that was almost never wide open... in college! Jaelen Strong has nice hands, snatches the ball away from defenders, and is physical.

But if he cant separate in college, the NFL corners will be in his back pocket and he wont win so many 50/50 balls.

Please show me one review that indicates Smith can't get proper separation from defenders.  ONE!!

I have now looked at about dozen reviews and NO ONE mentions this as a valid critique.  NO ONE!

Yes they say he can improve his route running and concentration but nowhere did they indicate that separation was an issue at all. 

So please show one report other than your youtube evaluations that are substantiating your devaluation of this GREAT PICK!!!

Please show me one review that indicates Smith can't get proper separation from defenders. ONE!!

I have now looked at about dozen reviews and NO ONE mentions this as a valid critique. NO ONE!

Yes they say he can improve his route running and concentration but nowhere did they indicate that separation was an issue at all.

So please show one report other than your youtube evaluations that are substantiating your devaluation of this GREAT PICK!!!

I was talking about Jaelen Strong you asswipe.

My contempt for the Devin Smith pick is for totally different reasons. Also listed above. Look for the name "Devin Smith" or the context/quotes indicating I am talking about him.

You clearly missed the quote says Jaelen Strong.

I have the TV station on but Queen on Fire - LIVE @ the bowl Blaring in the stereo

So that interview they showed of him not positive?

the TV interview with ms. stark was fine.  right before that the whole panel of talking heads killed him for blowing off a team meeting entirely.  one guy summed it up "he just doesn't want it"

he's undraftable in my mind

"Not quick enough, not fast enough, can't get separation, doesn't play fast, body catches..." you mother****ers are cracking me up, lol.

batman-forever_15.jpg

Again you moron... I was talking about Jaelen Strong! Read my post! Except for the body catching. That is Devin Smith.

Again you moron... I was talking about Jaelen Strong! Read my post!

I'm the moron?  How do you know I was talking about you?  You aren't the only fool in this post going on and on about what Smith can't do instead focusing on what he can..  I saw your comments about Strong; everyone with a clue knows he doesn't get much separation but runs good routes and is very physical and will win most 50-50 balls.  You are not breaking any new ground here lol. 

I'm the moron? How do you know I was talking about you? You aren't the only fool in this post going on and on about what Smith can't do instead focusing on what he can.. I saw your comments about Strong; everyone with a clue knows he doesn't get much separation but runs good routes and is very physical and will win most 50-50 balls. You are not breaking any new ground here lol.

Well the other guy misquoted me and I got fired up when I saw yours... thought you didn't read my comments in full either. Sorry.

the TV interview with ms. stark was fine.  right before that the whole panel of talking heads killed him for blowing off a team meeting entirely.  one guy summed it up "he just doesn't want it"

he's undraftable in my mind

He seemed mature, and composed in that interview, not a bad kid.

Plus he's still in the GREEN room, he has to be taken soon

Archived