Don't get this Devin Smith pick at all

operaguy

Just dumb. What is Smith's ceiling? Let's be kind and say slightly better than Decker. Now a lot of people say trade Decker for a 2nd. Okay, let's say that can be done, we trade in and get who? Someone who was available at 37, and options are more limited than what they would be if we picked at 37 since players are coming off the board. 

Different Scenario you keep Smith and Decker. You run a spread? What do you do with Kerley? How much better is this receiving core than our West Coast Offense? Still yet to be seen if that would work out with Decker, Marshall, Smith, and Kerley, who are all basically wide receivers. Plus two years down the road let's say you re-sign Decker. You then have to pay Amaro, and then you have to Smith. 

Only way this trade makes sense, is if you swing Decker and some pick for Rivers. If that happens, I'll shut up and celebrate. But, I'll believe that when I see it.

You obviously can't blindly pick by need in the draft, but this notion that you have to take the best player available no matter what isn't right either, as proven by this pick.

Just dumb. What is Smith's ceiling? Let's be kind and say slightly better than Decker. Now a lot of people say trade Decker for a 2nd. Okay, let's say that can be done, we trade in and get who? Someone who was available at 37, and options are more limited than what they would be if we picked at 37 since players are coming off the board. 

Different Scenario you keep Smith and Decker. You run a spread? What do you do with Kerley? How much better is this receiving core than our West Coast Offense? Still yet to be seen if that would work out with Decker, Marshall, Smith, and Kerley, who are all basically wide receivers. Plus two years down the road let's say you re-sign Decker. You then have to pay Amaro, and then you have to Smith. 

Only way this trade makes sense, is if you swing Decker and some pick for Rivers. If that happens, I'll shut up and celebrate. But, I'll believe that when I see it.

You obviously can't blindly pick by need in the draft, but this notion that you have to take the best player available no matter what isn't right either, as proven by this pick.

Who cares about Kerley, he's JAG.

lol

No one is trading Decker. He's an excellent #2, his salary makes sense.

Smith is the exact type of guy we don't have in our WR corps. Fills it out perfectly.

Stop crying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is Devin Smith isn't Desean Jackson, he's at best Marquis Lee and you're talking about getting rid of Decker with this pick so lateral move.

THIS ENTIRE POST IS Just dumb. What is Smith's ceiling? Let's be kind and say slightly better than Decker. Now a lot of people say trade Decker for a 2nd. Okay, let's say that can be done, we trade in and get who? Someone who was available at 37, and options are more limited than what they would be if we picked at 37 since players are coming off the board. 

FIXED.

WHOS TALKING ABOUT GETTING RID OF DECKER?????

It makes no sense. Smith is an addition to a much improved WR group. That's all. No reason Marshall, Decker or Kerley have to be moved.

He's the perfect fit becuase he is totally different than the 3 aforementioned players. Now our group is dynamic.

Slight upgrade from Hill, Ford, Salas and Nelson LMAO!

Read this yobo's other posts and you will quickly find that there is no "there" there. 

Has very good game speed, hand eye coordination doesn't get lost in plays, good hands. Yeah I wanted DGB but we needed a receiver and I can't see anything bad about him.

He is way faster than marquise lee what ru guys talking about?

Archived