4th Round, Who do the Jets take?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At some point someone has to throw a pick at this Collins kid, how many mid rounders actually pan out, and this kid is top 15 talent if he gets cleared, which would have a lot of teams kicking themsel

Either TJ Clemmings or La'el Collins... It's gotta happen 

I have no idea but I suspect it will be a highly productive, high character kid from a big time conference

At some point someone has to throw a pick at this Collins kid, how many mid rounders actually pan out, and this kid is top 15 talent if he gets cleared, which would have a lot of teams kicking themselves if he gets cleared in the very near future.

• Upvote 1

At some point someone has to throw a pick at this Collins kid, how many mid rounders actually pan out, and this kid is top 15 talent if he gets cleared, which would have a lot of teams kicking themselves if he gets cleared in the very near future.

He said if he didn't go 2nd or 3rd round he wouldn't sign...

TJ Clemmings seems to be good value for an OT now.  Jay Ajayi looks like a nice RB pick.  I think I'd be happy with either or really whoever they pick as long as it's offense. 

I also think a team could easily reach out to La'el Collins' agent and ask him to reconsider as an early 4th rounder.  If they were interested.

I'll go the other way, Ekpre-Olomu.  He most likely isn't ready for the start of the season, but we can bring him in slowly.  Has first round talent, and good character guy, who excelled at press coverage.  Put him on the PUP list or just red shirt him for a year, and you have a first round quality CB sitting there for you next year.  Essentially, like trading your 4th this year for say a 2nd rd pick next year.  

I'll go the other way, Ekpre-Olomu.  He most likely isn't ready for the start of the season, but we can bring him in slowly.  Has first round talent, and good character guy, who excelled at press coverage.  Put him on the PUP list or just red shirt him for a year, and you have a first round quality CB sitting there for you next year.  Essentially, like trading your 4th this year for say a 2nd rd pick next year.  

Was thinking this too...very highly rated before his injury.

Unless Petty or Hundley are there for one of our 7th rounders I don't waste a 4th or 5th rounder on them. Taking them is the same as burning our draft card. Next years QB class will be deeper.

I don't know anything about him, but 5'9"?  That pretty much limits him to the slot and isn't that what we signed Skrine to do?  I see a lot of mixed reviews on him also...nothing suggesting he was a first-round talent before the injury.

I think if Jay Ajayi can develop into a starting-caliber RB, that's a much more useful pick right now.

Was thinking this too...very highly rated before his injury.

Yeah, and he can play in the slot as well, or play outside.  I think the value is just too high right now with him, think he's the type of guy that can learn from Revis and gives insurance against future injury to our CBs.  

Collins said he would not sign if he gets selected in day 3, and will enter for 2016 draft. At this point, trade up to the last spot (5 spots) and get him.

I heard he can't go back in the '16 draft. He just becomes an UDFA.

Think that was just agent talk.

QB I wanted is gone, most needs filled, so don't really care now.  

Whatever Mac wants, since most of the forum will just say "faith in Mac" regardless of who he picks anyway, lol.

Agree with a number of you saying Clemmings, Ajayi. I also am pretty high on Javorius Allen. I was really impressed with him the odd time I watched a USC game.

good call on Javorius.  Langford from Mich St I like as well. Not great at one particular skill just overall well balanced

I don't know anything about him, but 5'9"?  That pretty much limits him to the slot and isn't that what we signed Skrine to do?  I see a lot of mixed reviews on him also...nothing suggesting he was a first-round talent before the injury.

I think if Jay Ajayi can develop into a starting-caliber RB, that's a much more useful pick right now.

I think he can play outside pretty well too.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132531/ifo-ekpre-olomu

Has a few sources saying he was a possible first round pick before the injury.  

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015iekpreolomu.php

That's from our fans at Walter Football, before the season, saying he could be a top 20 pick.  

He was a borderline first, surefire second round guy.  With all the players we have in camp, I think it's worth the gamble.  Is there risk? Sure.  But if it pays off, we get someone at a premier position for peanuts.  

I keep coming back to Mike Davis, RB South Carolina. He runs inside, outside, with finesse and power, has vision, and truly excellent hands.

He played too heavy most of his college career but I see a Le'Veon Bell type player. Bell lost some weight and became a star. Davis lost some weight from the combine when he ran a 4.61, and then ran in the 4.4s at his pro day.

I keep coming back to Mike Davis, RB South Carolina. He runs inside, outside, with finesse and power, has vision, and truly excellent hands.

He played too heavy most of his college career but I see a Le'Veon Bell type player. Bell lost some weight and became a star. Davis lost some weight from the combine when he ran a 4.61, and then ran in the 4.4s at his pro day.

I thought he was picked. He can go on my list.