Petty, Hundley, or trade for Glennon?

jeff144man

We made it to round 4 folks.  We still didn't pick a QB yet and there are still a couple of intriguing names on the board.  Assuming Tampa Bay would accept a trade of our pick for Glennon, which of the three options would you choose:  Draft Petty, draft Hundley, or swing a deal for Glennon?  If it were me, I'd try to swing the deal for Glennon.  He is taller and stronger than both Petty and Hundley and would come to us with NFL experience. If there is not trade to be had with Tampa Bay, I'd lean towards Petty, but wonder if he is that much better than Shane Carden who could easily be taken in round 5, I actually like Carden better than Hundley for his football smarts.

I definitely like Carden and Petty more than I like Hundley. What I'd have to weigh is do I like Petty that much more than TJ Clemmings helping my aging O line.  I could live with Clemmings in the 4th and Carden in the 5th.  If we go Petty, or trade for Glennon, I'm not sure where we'd go to address O line depth.

Trade for Garrett Grayson. Really wanted him & wish we stayed put in 3rd then traded 4th rd pick to move back up in 3rd. The best case scenario now is trading up next year for Connor Cook. Trade WIlkerson for some team's 1st next year then use 2 first round picks to move up

Take Carden in the 7th offer up other 2 7ths for Mettenburger or Glennon just to see if you get a bite. I had Carden in a mock I did a few weeks back I think he is highly under rated and defiantly better character then Hundley, Petty wouldn't be bad in round 5 but if NE doesn't scoop up Jay Ajayi in round 4 before we pick I think that's who our RD 4 should be.

Out of the three, I'd say none of them.  

The QB situation is not going to be solved this offseason.  It's going to be either Geno or Fitzpatrick in 2015, and there's virtually nothing (short of completely mortgaging the future to trade for someone like Brees or Rivers) that Maccagnan can do to address it in any meaningful way.

Trade for Mike Glennon. There was/is no better QB that could be available. Glennon is head and shoulders above any other NFL QB that we could sign/trade for (Rivers is out of the question), and his experience/achievements playing the position with the bottom 3 worst O-line in football protecting him the past 2 years will do him well coming in having a much more respectable O-line in comparison along with a top 5 running game that he's never had. 

If we do draft a QB I prefer Carden at this point. Petty is just a strong arm and I havent watched enough Hundley to really comment or have a firm opinion on him. 

As a side note, I hope we find a way to draft WR Kenny Bell and CB Justin Coleman. 

I'll take Glennon for our 5th. No thanks on any available QB in this draft.

I agree with you. I think Glennon is better then the QBs currently available.  Although I get the feeling that Mac and Bowles may just let Fitz and Geno compete for the starting job.  I don't know that they are willing to invest a pick on the QB position unless they feel confident that the new QB can be the starter.  Otherwise it's just a wasted draft pick.

of those 3 glennon is the clear choice

but he is backing up crab legs so he is basically not available.  

well, not available for a reasonable price, and the jets can't offer a 3rd round pick anymore, so that ship has sailed in my mind

which usually means the jets trade for him in the 4th round

you're welcome villian, lol

No Hundley  but I do agree on Carden. I want Petty.

With the 103rd pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the NY Jets selected Bryce Petty of Baylor. The guy I have been touting since the middle of last season. He will be our QB of the future. May not play much this season, but is a good student of the game according to Jon Gruden and Jaws. Jets have made me very happy in the draft and in FA. Let's hope they make us ALL happy this season.

With the 103rd pick in the 2015 NFL Draft the NY Jets selected Bryce Petty of Baylor. The guy I have been touting since the middle of last season. He will be our QB of the future. May not play much this season, but is a good student of the game according to Jon Gruden and Jaws. Jets have made me very happy in the draft and in FA. Let's hope they make us ALL happy this season.

He was my 3rd rated QB in this draft and the 2nd safest QB since Winston may explode so yeah this daft has been a home run.

Archived