Jets' Eric Decker says ease up on Geno Smith

Scoop24

true as it may be, it's been two years. someone who can mentally handle the game would've showed us a sign.

Not with fcuktard Rex. Rex stuck Geno into the worst possible offense a spread guy could go into, jammed the WC down his gullet every time he started to get some rhythm, and forced dumb power running schemes into the WC offense a complete mismatch. Couple that with horrible offensive weapons, an OL that sucks at pass blocking (and it was always obvious when we were going to pass) and Geno had no chance to develop. No rookie QB with a similar background would have, No one.

Geno now has Gailey and Bowles two coaches that build systems around their players. Let's see how Geno does. We simply do not know because of that blowhard loser prick. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not with fcuktard Rex. Rex stuck Geno into the worst possible offense a spread guy could go into, jammed the WC down his gullet every time he started to get some rhythm, and forced dumb power running schemes into the WC offense a complete mismatch. Couple that with horrible offensive weapons, an OL that sucks at pass blocking (and it was always obvious when we were going to pass) and Geno had no chance to develop. No rookie QB with a similar background would have, No one.

Geno now has Gailey and Bowles two coaches that build systems around their players. Let's see how Geno does. We simply do not know because of that blowhard loser prick. 

so then how do we know those receivers stink? maybe they suffered from rex effect also. in fact, let's bring everyone back. for all we know they could actually be good but for rex.

you have to trust your eyes. geno is not an nfl qb.

so then how do we know those receivers stink? maybe they suffered from rex effect also. in fact, let's bring everyone back. for all we know they could actually be good but for rex.

you have to trust your eyes. geno is not an nfl qb.

He may not be ultimately, but you cannot know that at this point. The Jets would have moved away from Geno already if the coaches did not think he was an NFL QB.

He may not be ultimately, but you cannot know that at this point. The Jets would have moved away from Geno already if the coaches did not think he was an NFL QB.

curtis painter started a whole season. coaches can be wrong. that is not proof that a guy doesn't suck. after all akili smith was a top 5 pick. i trust what i see and i bet my house that he sucks, will continue to suck, and will suck at all points in the future.

curtis painter started a whole season. coaches can be wrong. that is not proof that a guy doesn't suck. after all akili smith was a top 5 pick. i trust what i see and i bet my house that he sucks, will continue to suck, and will suck at all points in the future.

OK, and I think he has more than a 50% chance of being a long term solution under Bowles and Gailey. I believe that Rex screws QBs, continues to screw QBs, and will continue to screw QBs at all points in the future. If blowhard Rex had a rookie Luck, everyone would be wondering right now how a can't miss prospect has been so sh*tty his first two years.

He did the same thing first season during garbage time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

So because of that for you dismiss last year?   Each year is different, different circumstances, players etc.  He played considerably better after he was benched last year.  He reduced his turnovers, began to develop a nice chemistry with the now healthy Decker and finished the year with his best game of the season.   I mean if had sh*t the bed, people would complain about that; he plays well and we find reasons to downplay it. 

I am not saying that those games were the end all be all and that now all his issues are in the past, but I do think they have to taken into consideration when considering his development.   He now has what he never had before; a true # 1 Receiver who has gone out of his way to bond with him and develop some chemistry.  I am interested in seeing how that plays out in training camp and beyond.  

Great video by the way, lol. 

OK, and I think he has more than a 50% chance of being a long term solution under Bowles and Gailey. I believe that Rex screws QBs, continues to screw QBs, and will continue to screw QBs at all points in the future. If blowhard Rex had a rookie Luck, everyone would be wondering right now how a can't miss prospect has been so sh*tty his first two years.

I admire your optimism. Some would call it foolish, but I find it admirable.

So because of that for you dismiss last year?   Each year is different, different circumstances, players etc.  He played considerably better after he was benched last year.  He reduced his turnovers, began to develop a nice chemistry with the now healthy Decker and finished the year with his best game of the season.   I mean if had sh*t the bed, people would complain about that; he plays well and we find reasons to downplay it. 

I am not saying that those games were the end all be all and that now all his issues are in the past, but I do think they have to taken into consideration when considering his development.   He now has what he never had before; a true # 1 Receiver who has gone out of his way to bond with him and develop some chemistry.  I am interested in seeing how that plays out in training camp and beyond.  

Great video by the way, lol. 

I am saying that once the pyrite fails to pass the test, the reasonable man would not head back down into the mine.

I am saying that once the pyrite fails to pass the test, the reasonable man would not head back down into the mine.

Fortunately since we have Fitz, we have a legit fall back option if Smith can't cut it and soon hopefully Petty can take over.  If Smith does show significant improvement it's a win-win.  I don't see a downside here except giving up on him too soon. 

Fortunately since we have Fitz, we have a legit fall back option if Smith can't cut it and soon hopefully Petty can take over.  If Smith does show significant improvement it's a win-win.  I don't see a downside here except giving up on him too soon. 

We can go round and round, but there is a downside to giving up too late, you know. This is a playoff team with anyone that isn't a turd wrapped in a diaper encased in a bigger turd at QB.

I admire your optimism. Some would call it foolish, but I find it admirable.

I don't see why anyone would think it foolish when you have a guy is only going into his 3rd year and was rushed before he was ready and didn't have any weapons to speak of most of his first two years.  He now surrounded by better players, and OC proven for helping quarterbacks and we get to see if he finally "gets it" or not.  Fitz is our insurance policy and may very well win the job outright.  I really don't see a downside. 

We can go round and round, but there is a downside to giving up too late, you know. This is a playoff team with anyone that isn't a turd wrapped in a diaper encased in a bigger turd at QB.

Okay, well I guess we will find out.

I don't see why anyone would think it foolish when you have a guy is only going into his 3rd year and was rushed before he was ready and didn't have any weapons to speak of most of his first two years.  He now surrounded by better players, and OC proven for helping quarterbacks and we get to see if he finally "gets it" or not.  Fitz is our insurance policy and may very well win the job outright.  I really don't see a downside. 

JetNation.com, May 2016 flash forward:

"Come on guys how can you give up on the kid already?? He is still young only has started 3 years and was benched repeatedly for fitzpatrick which broke his confidence and will be better in year two of chan galley's system.   Drew brees stunk until year 5 and gannon until year 17!!! There is no downside to keeping giving him a chance before giving up completely"

"Come on guys how can you give up on the kid already?? He is still young only has started 3 years and was benched repeatedly for fitzpatrick which broke his confidence and will be better in year two of chan galley's system. There is no downside to keeping giving him a chance before giving up completely"

February, 2017

"Guys Geno just got cut by the LA Chargers.  Thoughts on bringing him back?"

April, 2017

"Looks like Geno just got scooped up by the London Jaguars.  Damn.  I really feel like he's grown up and would have made the perfect backup QB here, maybe even compete for starter duties."

You guys are mean, lol. 

April, 2017

"Looks like Geno just got scooped up by the London Jaguars.  Damn.  I really feel like he's grown up and would have made the perfect backup QB here, maybe even compete for starter duties."

Brain paralyzed by time zone jokes.

I think it interesting that the OC who is known for getting the most out of players has, in many Jets fans opinions, has no chance to turn Geno into a real QB. Fitz is largely considered half decent because of Gailey, and Geno has significantly higher upside than Fitz. If you want to build a team long term, Geno starts but with possibility of being benched forever if he shows no improvement, then you move to Fitz and start grooming Petty in earnest giving him as many reps as possible. Starting Fitz does nothing for the team.

I think it interesting that the OC who is known for getting the most out of players has, in many Jets fans opinions, has no chance to turn Geno into a real QB. Fitz is largely considered half decent because of Gailey, and Geno has significantly higher upside than Fitz. If you want to build a team long term, Geno starts but with possibility of being benched forever if he shows no improvement, then you move to Fitz and start grooming Petty in earnest giving him as many reps as possible. Starting Fitz does nothing for the team.

Makes perfect sense to me but, hey......  :eusa_shifty:

I hope I never have to watch Geno Smith take another meaningful snap as a New York Jet. I pray that Fitzpatrick rehabs good enough to unseat that scrub for good.

Lets us pray. There is strength and miracles in  prayer.  It has begun to take effect in Mac, Bowles, Fitz and Petty, etc etc etc.

This is the way I expect it to be handled. Geno could lose the job in training camp, but he'll be given every chance to win the job. And then even if he wins it, he'll be on a short leash. 

I haven't heard/seen much "hate" for Geno, just that he sucks. Sanchez was treated much worse, with people saying he would be out of the league or in the CFL after his rookie contract, and many posts on message boards for supposed Jets fans stating that they hoped he would get injured.

Agree there. I don't hate Geno, I just think he was not born with many gifts north of the border

This is the way I expect it to be handled. Geno could lose the job in training camp, but he'll be given every chance to win the job. And then even if he wins it, he'll be on a short leash. 

I thought that too, but they did seem hell bent on bringing in more QBs.  They barely seem to be paying Geno the kind of "he's our starting QB for now" lip service most of these guys get.  I get the feeling they are pretty sour on him.  I hope I am wrong.  I actually like the way he throws, if he weren't such a bonehead.

I thought that too, but they did seem hell bent on bringing in more QBs.  They barely seem to be paying Geno the kind of "he's our starting QB for now" lip service most of these guys get.  I get the feeling they are pretty sour on him.  I hope I am wrong.  I actually like the way he throws, if he weren't such a bonehead.

Seems like they are just not being idiotic like Rex was and bringing in a competent veteran backup and young competition. Don't think it is reflective of their thoughts ion Geno but making the QB group as strong as possible.

Seems like they are just not being idiotic like Rex was and bringing in a competent veteran backup and young competition. Don't think it is reflective of their thoughts ion Geno but making the QB group as strong as possible.

Maybe.  It doesn't seem that way to me.  It seems to me that they don't like him.  Which is fine.  It would probably be best if they hate him and keep an open mind.

I thought that too, but they did seem hell bent on bringing in more QBs. They barely seem to be paying Geno the kind of "he's our starting QB for now" lip service most of these guys get. I get the feeling they are pretty sour on him. I hope I am wrong. I actually like the way he throws, if he weren't such a bonehead.

Bowles have said that line multiple times . Just listen to interviews on jets official website

Bowles have said that line multiple times . Just listen to interviews on jets official website

I said barely.  These guys seem to say the right thing.  They also (to me) don't seem to believe it.  It is an impression and opinion.  I do not pretend to know something nobody else does.

April, 2017

April 2016

Looks like Fitzpatrick got picked up by the local Chess Club, you know he's got them brains and everything.

I'm excited to see how Geno looks to start the season (if we is the day 1 starter).

He looked good last year to start the season, but once he started losing confidence he really unraveled. After coming back from being benched, and then starting a game where we ran it all but like 6-8 plays before the final 2 minutes, he was resilient enough to still perform well the final few games.

I'm willing to give Geno another chance to show improvement this season. Year 3, it's time to see what he's got.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

"Come on guys how can you give up on the kid already?? He is still young only has started 3 years and was benched repeatedly for fitzpatrick which broke his confidence and will be better in year two of chan galley's system.   Drew brees stunk until year 5 and gannon until year 17!!! There is no downside to keeping giving him a chance before giving up completely"

please dear God no. Re-sign Fitz before season ends so we can avoid thus stultifying "storyline" this offseason

Archived