La-El Collins Will NOT Be Able to Enter Next Year's Draft

BroadwayJoe12

Updating a previous item, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told SI's Robert Klemko LSU G/T La'El Collins would not be eligible to re-enter the 2016 draft if he goes undrafted on Saturday. In a conflicting report, an unnamed GM reportedly told former scout Russell Lande Collins could re-enter 2016 draft whether he is drafted or not. There is no language in the CBA that covers undrafted players re-entering the draft the following season, meaning a lengthy fight awaits if Collins goes undrafted on Saturday.

I say f*ck it and draft him. We basically gave our fourth away last year, might as well take a chance on a guy who can play at a high level. 

wow, collins may wind up suing his agent after all is said and done.  

the jets have 3 7th's, I could see using one of those on this kid but not the 5th.  using the 5th on him would be too risky

wow, collins may wind up suing his agent after all is said and done.

the jets have 3 7th's, I could see using one of those on this kid but not the 5th. using the 5th on him would be too risky

He's the one who's girl friend was murdered right? If so, his actions suggest he doesn't have anything to do with it. He want to wait till the supplemental draft. N now the report suggest he may want to enter the draft again next year. Seems like he's willing to give the situation a little bit more time so people can see he has nothing to do with it.

And if that's the case, I wouldn't mind spending our 4th or 5th on him. Not like those 4ths and 5ths have been gold for Jets.

**** this guy. He seems like a headcase (regardless of the murder). Wants to drop out of the draft, can't, then threatens teams he's not gonna sign a contract if he does get picked up late in the draft. The nerves on this guy. Hope he doesn't get drafted, at all. Not this year, not next year, never. He doesn't deserve an opportunity to make this much money.

Updating a previous item, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told SI's Robert Klemko LSU G/T La'El Collins would not be eligible to re-enter the 2016 draft if he goes undrafted on Saturday. In a conflicting report, an unnamed GM reportedly told former scout Russell Lande Collins could re-enter 2016 draft whether he is drafted or not. There is no language in the CBA that covers undrafted players re-entering the draft the following season, meaning a lengthy fight awaits if Collins goes undrafted on Saturday.

I say f*ck it and draft him. We basically gave our fourth away last year, might as well take a chance on a guy who can play at a high level. 

I would doubt he is even on our draft board.

**** this guy. He seems like a headcase (regardless of the murder). Wants to drop out of the draft, can't, then threatens teams he's not gonna sign a contract if he does get picked up late in the draft. The nerves on this guy. Hope he doesn't get drafted, at all. Not this year, not next year, never. He doesn't deserve an opportunity to make this much money.

Because he wants to be fairly compensated for his abilities? If all reports are false, he basically had his value chopped by 80% where he's locked into a contract for a number of years that he's unable to negotiate. If innocent, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be pissed. 

He's the one who's girl friend was murdered right? If so, his actions suggest he doesn't have anything to do with it. He want to wait till the supplemental draft. N now the report suggest he may want to enter the draft again next year. Seems like he's willing to give the situation a little bit more time so people can see he has nothing to do with it.

And if that's the case, I wouldn't mind spending our 4th or 5th on him. Not like those 4ths and 5ths have been gold for Jets.

right.

I think "girlfriend" is a little strong, more like baby momma from what I read.

I wouldn't use the 4th or 5th because his agent seems to be trying to get him back into a first round contract (which is his prerogative) and the kid may refuse to come here at all.  even busts at least show up, lol

and the child died.  sooooo sad.  all over borrowing a car.  

He's a kid who's taking the advice of his agent -- doesn't seem so bad too me.  The murder thing, on the other hand, may be a bit of a problem.

right.

I wouldn't use the 4th or 5th because his agent seems to be trying to get him back into a first round contract (which is his prerogative) and the kid may refuse to come here at all.  even busts at least show up, lol

and the child died.  sooooo sad.  all over borrowing a car.  

innocent kid who lost his unborn child and losing millions OR cold blooded killer murder for hire deal to avoid paying child support with a full alibi??

I'd definitely use one of the 7ths on him. Worst case scenario he refuses to sign with us....best case scenario we get an absolute steal. It's worth the risk IMO.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

right.

I wouldn't use the 4th or 5th because his agent seems to be trying to get him back into a first round contract (which is his prerogative) and the kid may refuse to come here at all. even busts at least show up, lol

and the child died. sooooo sad. all over borrowing a car.

Yeah, can you imagine how he must feel. He was looking forward to being a high draft pick, being a father (I think, not sure if it's his kid from what I've read?) Should be one of the best times of his life, and instead his baby's mother and baby are murdered and his draft stock plummets......what a terrible scenario.

Now if he has something to do with the murder then it's a totally different story, but from the sound of it he's just wanted for questioning so the Police can find out who would do this to her, etc.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Isn't he better off as an UDFA anyway?  He can sign with whatever team is the best fit on a short term deal and hit the UFA market sooner than if he were drafted. Why does he have to sit for a year?  

Because he wants to be fairly compensated for his abilities? If all reports are false, he basically had his value chopped by 80% where he's locked into a contract for a number of years that he's unable to negotiate. If innocent, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't be pissed. 

You simply are a piece of sh*t if you threaten NFL teams that you won't sign a contract if they draft you. I'm not sure why this doesn't get through to you. I don't give a sh*t where he expected to go. What kind of Mario Party bullsh*t does he think this is? Enter the draft, hope to get picked in the 1st round, and if you don't then just simply threaten teams that you won't play for them? He's a piece of sh*t, plain and simple. I hope he's gonna flip burgers for the rest of his life, let's see how much he'd appreciate playing in the NFL once he hits rock bottom. Spoiled little sh*t.

92taq2h.jpg

Isn't he better off as an UDFA anyway? He can sign with whatever team is the best fit on a short term deal and hit the UFA market sooner than if he were drafted. Why does he have to sit for a year?

I think it's a 3 year deal either way. They only thing he gets better is signing bonus.

You simply are a piece of sh*t if you threaten NFL teams that you won't sign a contract if they draft you. I'm not sure why this doesn't get through to you. I don't give a sh*t where he expected to go. What kind of Mario Party bullsh*t does he think this is? Enter the draft, hope to get picked in the 1st round, and if you don't then just simply threaten teams that you won't play for them? He's a piece of sh*t, plain and simple. I hope he's gonna flip burgers for the rest of his life, let's see how much he'd appreciate playing in the NFL once he hits rock bottom. Spoiled little sh*t.

Like John Elway? Or Eli? Or.....  It's a business, it's his life, if someone took your bargaining power away from you for reasons out of your control, anyone would be upset with that.  I also think you're confusing what his agent is reporting and what he's actually saying. 

92taq2h.jpg

Haha. Did Les Miles really do that?

How do the rookie UDFA contracts work? Is there a scale? His best case may end being to not get drafted, clear his name and negotiate his best deal like a true FA. The way the world was meant to be!

Yrs. This would be better for him financially. He would make much less as a 4th rounder.

If, and it's a big if, he is cleared teams would want him. There would be demand there.

That said I think he gets drafted today. If the jets feel he will be cleared after looking into thus I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him.

They've been doing this for years, it's more positional coaches. You get your name put up any time you miss a meeting or are late for a practice etc. and can just as easily get your name taken down. Dude's like Monty though were on it all season. Guys like Mathieu and PP had been on it one time or another, it's the dudes who are on it consistently that are cause for concern, like Monty.

Notice despite all the talent, none of those turds accomplished squat in the NFL. Sam Montgomery was a giant bust as well, I think a 2nd round pick for the Texans. Not sure if he even made it on the field but they released him for...surprise...violating team rules. But hey, let's defend poor La'ell. His agent is a monster! :face:

Notice despite all the talent, none of those turds accomplished squat in the NFL. Sam Montgomery was a giant bust as well, I think a 2nd round pick for the Texans. Not sure if he even made it on the field but they released him for...surprise...violating team rules. But hey, let's defend poor La'ell. His agent is a monster! :face:

Anyone who violates any team policy at LSU will hit that wall and then get their name taken down just as easily, I'm pretty sure PP and Mathieu have done a decent job in the NFL thus far...

I think it's a 3 year deal either way. They only thing he gets better is signing bonus.

If they are un-drafted I do not believe there are any stipulations regarding the length of contract.   If someone has a definitive answer, please chime in.

They've been doing this for years, it's more positional coaches. You get your name put up any time you miss a meeting or are late for a practice etc. and can just as easily get your name taken down. Dude's like Monty though were on it all season. Guys like Mathieu and PP had been on it one time or another, it's the dudes who are on it consistently that are cause for concern, like Monty.

What about those that have ex Girlfriends being murdered?

What about those that have ex Girlfriends being murdered?

The only leg you have to stand on in your angry tirade is if he did hire someone to kill his baby's mamma, if not, you're basically wishing this kid a life of hell simply because he was trying to get fairly compensated for his talent in what is a very small window of opportunity. If he's innocent, the kid lost his child and 80% of his worth for powers outside his control and you want him flipping burgers because his agent has the nerve to maximize his value lol

But that HOFer John Elway was totally okay for doing the exact same thing? 

First of all it's pointless for you to bring up how much success he's had, that's not the issue. Collins is a 1st or 2nd round talent, nobody denies that fact. That doesn't mean he can't be drafted any later, that doesn't mean he will only allow teams til such and such point to draft him. I'm amazed how you still continue to defend this turd. It's really amazing. And secondly it's a dumb comparison. Elway didn't want the Colts to draft him. He didn't threaten the entire league to draft him up to a certain point. He didn't want to play for the Colts. Whether it was because he's had personal issues with the GM, whether it was because he didn't feel like he'd be successful there, whatever. Eli did it for the same reason. They're both spoiled turds. And what they did is not even on the same planet as whatever Collins is pulling now. Especially with the stuff going on in the background with the investigation.

If they are un-drafted I do not believe there are any stipulations regarding the length of contract. If someone has a definitive answer, please chime in.

Yes. There is. There are a million stipulations for udfa's. The rookie wage scale doesn't just apply for the draft picks.

The only leg you have to stand on in your angry tirade is if he did hire someone to kill his baby's mamma, if not, you're basically wishing this kid a life of hell simply because he was trying to get fairly compensated for his talent in what is a very small window of opportunity. If he's innocent, the kid lost his child and 80% of his worth for powers outside his control and you want him flipping burgers because his agent has the nerve to maximize his value lol

I doubt that is his point.  Yesterday he told me that the kid was CLEARED and should be drafted.  I wouldn't call getting paid like a 4th rounder a life of hell, but it is hardly getting what he is worth from an entity that elects to pay Roger Goodell $44M per to bungle everything from Ray Rice to deflate-gate.

Archived