Jarvis Harrison - G Tex. A&M

KRL

Hope not. he played better then Winters , just don't see his upside. He looked good because Winters was so bad

That is my assessment of Aboushi too. He played one good game but is below average. Winters sucks. Aboushi is bad.

I have to go to TC this year just to see where the **** they are developing Dozier. I'm irrationally high on this guy. Same birthday as Al Toon!

Same here...loved what I read about him and posted some bio stuff leading up to the draft last year.  If scouting reports are accurate about his agility/mean streak then you gotta' figure he's got a shot to win the RG job.

Same here...loved what I read about him and posted some bio stuff leading up to the draft last year.  If scouting reports are accurate about his agility/mean streak then you gotta' figure he's got a shot to win the RG job.

Maybe there's an outside shot he can play T?

Maybe there's an outside shot he can play T?

I think he'll get a look....the fact that they have about fifty linemen on the roster makes me think a bunch of guys will get a shot at several spots. Only makes sense since they seem to be bringing in player after player with experience at multiple positions.  As it stands, I'd say three of the five spots are locked in (Brick, Carpenter, Mangold) with Giacomini likely to start at  RT....that means a whooooole lot of guys fighting for one starting spot and the rest will be back-ups or sent packing.

I don't think they've officially moved him, but yes, there are trying him out there.

This tells me he has some smarts - you put somebody at center who is the signal caller and recognizes defense schemes. Maybe he is more brain than braun.

This tells me he has some smarts - you put somebody at center who is the signal caller and recognizes defense schemes. Maybe he is more brain than braun.

I understand the disappoint w/this guy but people need to realize he was coming from a low-level school / competition..Let's see what happens now that he's had a couple of years and now with a real NFL coaching staff..I do like the Jets giving him a look at C...Maybe he can develop into a C option down the road

BOTTOM LINE

Winters is a tough finisher at left tackle, garnering plenty of recognition as a long time starter. The former high school wrestler likes to latch on up top, which can cause him leverage problems against better defenders, but he possesses the athleticism to be a late second to early third day pick and a solid NFL starter at guard or tackle in a zone-blocking system.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/brian-winters?id=2539247

Possibly.

Or they figure that they are stacked at G and need to find a suitable backup C.

Or they are just desperate to find a place on the line for him to stick before they cut ties.

STRENGTHS: Thickly built with wide hips and strong bubble?carries his weight well with an athletic lower body and agile footwork to mirror in small spaces?bursts off the snap with the initial set-up quickness to get into position?absorbs contact well with active limbs, marrying his punch with his eyes?uses hand placement to latch-and-control, driving defenders away from the ball with core power?will sink his weight in his stance to anchor with leverage.

Consistent hustle and doesn?t take plays off ? finds ways to get the job done, even if it doesn?t look pretty in the process?versatile experience and his on-field effectiveness didn?t drop off when asked to kick out to left tackle ? 37 career starts, 33 at left guard and four at left tackle.

WEAKNESSES: Has some sloppy weight on his frame and needs to improve his conditioning?has some hip tightness to quickly redirect?needs to consistently roll his hips on contact and not just rely on his upper body to get the job done?late to recover after he overextends or falls off blocks ? waist-bending habits?will give up ground off the snap due to short sets and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition?not comfortable in space at the second level.

Streaky confidence and gets down on himself after mistakes?satisfied with his initial block and doesn?t display the nasty playing temperament to be a mauling finisher?soft spoken and still has growing up to do?unreliable habits and work ethic with questionable football passion ? was late to his own pro day workout?lost his starting job to begin the 2014 season due to poor conditioning following rehab from injury?durability concerns after a calf issue (Jan. 2014) multiple shoulder surgeries.

IN OUR VIEW: A basketball player growing up, Harrison didn?t focus on football until his junior season in high school and was a late bloomer, but quickly made a positive impression in College Station, showing significant strides each season. He was the band aid of the Aggies? offensive line, primarily lining up at left guard, but also kicking out to left tackle when needed, pushing Cedric Ogbuehi to right tackle in 2014. Harrison has starting potential in the NFL with top-75 talent, but the questionable football character and desire to reach his full potential will drop him down draft boards ? day three prospect, but if a coaching staff can light a fire under his butt and get him to buy in, Harrison will end up being a steal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759923/jarvis-Harrison

Mike Westoff was gushing about this kid on the Jets nation draft show. He said he knows a lot about the player due to his ties with A&M  but cautioned that the kid needs to be coached into loving the game of football. I think this kid can play LT at the NFL level, with his ability if a coach can get him serious about playing Football. Kid seems to prefer playing OG which is strange for someone who supposedly isn't in love with football.

It will be interesting to see where the Jets line him up in practice at the Rook mini camp.

Put this guy in the room with veterans like Brick, Mangold, Carpenter, Breno and Colon, and I'll bet he finds the heart it's going to take to make an impact in this league.

Of all the draft picks, this guy seems to be the only one that I know of (from reading in the last day) that has questionable passion. The rest seem to live and breathe football.