Zac Stacy Traded to Jets (MERGED)

Ghost

I don't see Tampa trading Glennon.  With as unreliable a QB/person as Jameis Winston, they need to have a veteran backup there for when/if Winston screws up again.

And even if Rex did trade for him, he'd ruin his career even moreso than it already is at this point.

Not even sure why we are talking about Glennon anymore. We have our returning young QB in Geno, a solid vet in Fitz and an incoming rookie project in Petty. Whether you like any or all of these guys there is simply no room for a guy like Glennon. 

As for Stacy, I am not a big fan of his but for a 7th round pick, I can deal with it. Odds are he gets cut at some point. Ivory/Bilal/Ridley are all better than Stacy. 

Im feeling some type of way that they didnt trade for Glennon. Bryce Petty is garbage. I just finished watching his game vs West Virginia about an hour ago. This guy is total trash. Its not even worth me commenting in the thread created here. 

We still have time though. 

And Glennon is the total answer at QB that's why Tampa just drafted Winston.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

And Glennon is the total answer at QB that's why Tampa just drafted Winston.

And your statement is based on an organization that's done nothing but trade away 2 QB's they originally drafted that went on to win superbowls with their new team, and another QB that they released that went on to play in the AFCCG and was projected to make it to the superbowl himself before suffering a season ending injury. 

Stop with the sidelining. 

• Thumb Down 1

I have a very hard time finding fault or criticism for:

NFL Draft 2015:

1st Round (#6):  Leonard Williams, DE (Junior), USC, 6-4⅝, 302 lbs

2nd Round (#37):  Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State,  6-0⅜, 196 lbs

3rd Round (#70):  Pick Traded to Houston Texans for WR DeVier Posey, 82nd pick (Round 3), 152nd pick (Round 5) & 229th pick (Round 7)

3rd Round (#82 From Texans):  Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville,  6-3⅝, 259 lbs

4th Round (#103):  Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor, 6-2⅞, 230 lbs

5th Round (#142):  Pick traded to Chicago Bears for Brandon Marshall, WR

5th Round (#152 From Texans):  Jarvis Harrison, OT, Texas A&M, 6-4⅛, 330 lbs

6th Round (#181):  Pick traded to Seattle Seahawks for Percy Harvin, WR (Harvin cut 3/10/15)

7th Round (#223):  Deon Simon, DT, NE St., 6-4⅜, 321 lbs

7th Round (#224 From Bears):  Traded to Rams for RB, Zac Stacy

7th Round (#229 From Texans):  Traded to Jags to move from Pick #104 to #103

Rutgers is either perpetually the man of sarcasm or he simply didn't get it. The remarkable thing about this draft after years of watching the Jets do truly strange things is that it made pure. logical sense. We all knew the various gaps that needed to be filled. We knew that the 6th pick would be BPA unless it was a wash... Williams was literally a point above the alternatives at 6 - it was not even close. They moved around to create more picks and they covered virtually every need by the end. Excellent job.

• Upvote 1

What are you talking about?

The fact that you dont even know what im talking about is even further exposure. 

Your favorite QB, Vinny Testaverde was drafted by the Tampa Bay Bucs in 1987, and he was considered horrible, dumb and colorblind when he was in Tampa. Years later he signed with the Jets and played in an AFCCG. The following year (1999) he was viewed as the QB that would lead the Jets to the Superbowl....and now you have him as your name, and avatar. 

Honestly have no idea what you're talking about as far as whatever I've "exposed".

I certainly wasn't trying to start an argument with you, if that's what you're getting at.  

When you make a moot statement such as "if he (Glennon) were the answer then Winston wouldnt be there", as if that somehow means that he wouldnt be the answer for the Jets while sporting the name and picture of a guy who wasnt the answer in Tampa Bay when he was drafted by them but ended up being arguably the 2nd best QB this franchise has ever had is the self exposure that im talking about. 

You werent starting an argument with me, I was simply showing how your statement made no sense simply based on your very own love for a particular player originally drafted by Tampa, and how it shows that your statement holds no weight whatsoever when it comes to that organization, their troubles and the Jets organization. 

• Thumb Down 1

Not even sure why we are talking about Glennon anymore. We have our returning young QB in Geno, a solid vet in Fitz and an incoming rookie project in Petty. Whether you like any or all of these guys there is simply no room for a guy like Glennon. 

As for Stacy, I am not a big fan of his but for a 7th round pick, I can deal with it. Odds are he gets cut at some point. Ivory/Bilal/Ridley are all better than Stacy. 

Glennon is lights years better than Geno scrub azz Smith.  If there was any way to get him, I would have jumped on it.  I would have traded Smith and next year's #5 for Glennon in a heartbeat.   He would fit perfectly in this offense. Also, would give time for Petty to develop. 

I could be wrong, but I think he was a 5th round pick. Either way, he was pretty good his rookie year (in 2013) as he almost cracked 1,000 yards. However, last year was the complete opposite. He simply was not the same player.

Good value in the 7th round. I wish we would of took a risk on Collins, but it looks like he's not getting drafted.

No point in drafting Collins, he won't sign and then re enter draft next year.

But if he's not drafted he can't reenter next year and will be a udfa

Glennon is lights years better than Geno scrub azz Smith.  If there was any way to get him, I would have jumped on it.  I would have traded Smith and next year's #5 for Glennon in a heartbeat.   He would fit perfectly in this offense. Also, would give time for Petty to develop. 

And I would have sent Petty with Smith just to further solidify the trade. 

• Thumb Down 1

Exactly.

People were laughing last night at Stacy even demanding a trade, he's not that caliber of a player.

He is just training camp fodder. 

When you make a moot statement such as "if he (Glennon) were the answer then Winston wouldnt be there", as if that somehow means that he wouldnt be the answer for the Jets while sporting the name and picture of a guy who wasnt the answer in Tampa Bay when he was drafted by them but ended up being arguably the 2nd best QB this franchise has ever had is the self exposure that im talking about. 

You werent starting an argument with me, I was simply showing how your statement made no sense simply based on your very own love for a particular player originally drafted by Tampa, and how it shows that your statement holds no weight whatsoever when it comes to that organization, their troubles and the Jets organization. 

You've misunderstood my point.

If he were the answer for Lovie Smith's coaching staff, Winston wouldn't be there.  That's just a statement of fact.  Whether or not Lovie Smith and his staff are correct in the evaluation that led to that conclusion, that's entirely different (albeit related) matter.  He's not the answer for that coaching staff.  And, they may end up paying for that decision with their jobs later on down the line if they are proven wrong in that assessment.

I happen to agree with Lovie Smith's assessment.  Right or wrong, that's my opinion of Glennon, so I wouldn't be able to advocate bringing Glennon to New York, regardless of what Testaverde did for an entirely different regime back in the 80s.  Obviously, I'm opposed to Glennon coming to New York.  I also don't think the Testaverde comparison is "self exposing", since Testaverde was a more accomplished college QB coming into the pros, so he had that track record to hang his hat on when looking for work elsewhere.

ugh

seems like a head case primma donna demanding a trade like a little bitch

This just in: Stacey has requested a trade form the Jets. He claims he doesn't feel he has anything to prove and should be the starter and not have to outduel Ivory to be the starting RB.

• Upvote 1

Lol, eh Glennon.  There has to be something up with him, two coaches went out of their way to screw him over, and he dropped like a rock in the draft after getting "top 15 buzz", and no one seems to be trading for him either.  While I wouldn't mind taking a mid to late round gamble on him, he's far from anything proven, and would just be another cog in the Geno/Fitz/Glennon battle.  I don't think he's talented enough to drastically outproduce them, because he played with weapons that Geno would be dreaming about.  He has arm talent though, can definitely throw a nice deep pass, but I don't see him as someone that is ready to break out.  

On to Stacy, ok pickup, nothing amazing.  There's a reason why a team like the Rams (power running team) not only picked Mason last year, but went all in on Gurley this year.  He's a good guy, but he's not a feature guy.  He does help on our team a bit since he's a better catcher than Ivory/Ridley.  He's most likely competition for Ridley in camp, and whoever wins makes the team as the 3rd RB.  7th round picks are just stabs in the air in most cases, so I don't mind the deal.  Although I really can't figure out why they didn't take a shot on Epre-Olumo.  He was a perfect project pick in the 7th that you could stash on IR easily.  

• Upvote 1