Zac Stacy Traded to Jets (MERGED)

Ghost

they have 3 guys who are basically the same player along with a 3rd down guy who is slow.

I couldnt believe they didnt target a back...I do kinda like Stacy though. If he's committed I think he'll end up getting the bulk of the carries.

It may seem that way on the surface but I would disagree.  I would also say they at least three of them are above average runners and two are very effective catching out of the backfield.  I think our depth at running back is a real strength and will allow us to wear teams down over the course of 4 quarters.    Stacy will prove to be the best of the bunch but if our pass offense can open things up a bit (Devin Smith can help make difference there) our overall running game should be very effective. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may seem that way on the surface but I would disagree.  I would also say they at least three of them are above average runners and two are very effective catching out of the backfield.  I think our depth at running back is a real strength and will allow us to wear teams down over the course of 4 quarters.    Stacy will prove to be the best of the bunch but if our pass offense can open things up a bit (Devin Smith can help make difference there) our overall running game should be very effective. 

I think Stacy is probably the best of the 3 as well. 

Great trade for Stacy. Great short area quickness and a big back. 

The best thing about him is he is super cheap the next two years and cost us so little. Dallas should have really tried to grab him but I am happy is here. 

Wow people dislike ivory that much? Depth at RB seems fine to me, who cares if their all on about the same level, someone gets hurt next man up with no drop off

This Chris Ivory thing AMAZES me. After nearly every game he actually played in without injury he could have run for Mayor afterwards. Every post basically glorifying him as the ultimate NFL badass. Then this. 

You seem to be the #1 Ivory hater.  What do you have against him?

I'm not a hater, he just cant catch and he dances around the line of scrimmage way too much. He's not elusive enough to be doing that.

Wow people dislike ivory that much? Depth at RB seems fine to me, who cares if their all on about the same level, someone gets hurt next man up with no drop off

Exactly. Ivory is better while the rest are all capable starters (besides Zach)

Archived