Braveheart Mafia - Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah all valid points except for the fact that I have black cousins whom I love very much, and half my childhood baseball team and some of my best friends are black and Puerto Rican. I'm a Buddhist. I try my best to be compassionate and accepting of everyone I can. But please, continue siding with Nolder, and attempt to turn this back on me, and acting like you didn't see him call me what he did in bold, red, size 20 type. Like I said; intolerant hypocrite.

So what if I did? It's a ******* word and it was used without any malice. Are you a moron or do you just like to be offended over nothing?

Call me some names maybe it'll make you feel better.

80/Nol -- that was an incredibly frustrating game to mod, I know. Thanks for sticking it out, producing some baller scenes and putting out a great product for us to enjoy. Good game to go out on for a while.

Credit goes to 80 for most of that.

Without him this game wouldn't have been what it was.

Have a good break man.

So what if I did? It's a ******* word and it was used without any malice. Are you a moron or do you just like to be offended over nothing?

Call me some names maybe it'll make you feel better.

Great defense. It's the same connotation that any other minority that had to struggle for generations dispise and would love to see stricken from lexicon.

Great defense. It's the same connotation that any other minority that had to struggle for generations dispise and would love to see stricken from lexicon.

Holy ******* sh*t I'm not sitting here oppressing you or anyone on the internet mother****er.

Like sh*t do you think I walk around with a baseball bat and beat down anyone with a lisp?

Or maybe I go to stores and get gay people fired? Do I bomb gay bars?

No. I called you a ******* name on the internet.

Grow the **** up.

Holy ******* sh*t I'm not sitting here oppressing you or anyone on the internet mother****er.

Like sh*t do you think I walk around with a baseball bat and beat down anyone with a lisp?

Or maybe I go to stores and get gay people fired? Do I bomb gay bars?

No. I called you a ******* name on the internet.

Grow the **** up.

20> your IQ.

:face:

GG All,

Special kudos to Smash and JiF for making this game fun.  Really appreciated the work the mods did to make this game happen.  I liked the mod-confirmed innocent role.  Allowed for an interesting dynamic to trust another from the git-go.  AVM played his role perfectly and scum let him do his thing in the search for a PR.  First time in like forever I've had a strong town read with Leelou and the fact I could play off two strong town players allowed me to analyze the game and contribute.  @ Vic, welcome back.  Don't be such a stranger.  Hats off again to Smash who clearly was the town MVP.  Brilliant leadership although your abrasive style made me doubt your alignment most of the game.  Special shoutout to Nyn for her commentary in the DT.  I always look forward to your commentary.  Thank you. 

GG All,

Special kudos to Smash and JiF for making this game fun.  Really appreciated the work the mods did to make this game happen.  I liked the mod-confirmed innocent role.  Allowed for an interesting dynamic to trust another from the git-go.  AVM played his role perfectly and scum let him do his thing in the search for a PR.  First time in like forever I've had a strong town read with Leelou and the fact I could play off two strong town players allowed me to analyze the game and contribute.  @ Vic, welcome back.  Don't be such a stranger.  Hats off again to Smash who clearly was the town MVP.  Brilliant leadership although your abrasive style made me doubt your alignment most of the game.  Special shoutout to Nyn for her commentary in the DT.  I always look forward to your commentary.  Thank you.

All this. And +1 to Nyns commentary, too.

I would like to thank Nolder and 80 for modding.  Can care less what anyone else thinks.  It's a lot of damn work.  Reason why fat lazy people like me choose not to.  I apologize for dropping out but I never really did sign up.  Like to thank Verbal for filling in then being nice enough to allow Vic play.  Was so awesome to see Vic back here to play a game.  Actually, it was just nice to see Vic back at all.  I love me some Chillean Thundercat.  

As far as the Lizzie verses the board thing?  Not talking on that.  Just hope it takes care of itself and I hope people decide to play mafia again when they are ready.  I will probably  not play any time soon because just not in the mindset.  But I love each and every member of this community and enjoy spending time with you.  

thread don't need locking the discussion that took place made its points and just needs to end . I hate when we drag out fights on this board especially in the mafia forum where we rip each other to shreds in the spirit of the game. I love all you guys I really do and yes I get frustrated at times just like the next guy. We are better than a locked thread.

GG All,

Thank you JC I hold you in very high regard as a player and I had to turn every stone sometimes that looks scummy but it really helps in the end. You are a fantastic player and due to that fact even in the end a small part of me was saying to myself friggin JC is going to flip scum and kick my ass :)

Can someone luck this thread. Black cousins? Are you kidding me? "I'm not racist I own a color tv" stop it.

Turning it around to imply that I am a racist when I'm not the one who used a slur is what's wrong about the comment. Defense by character assasination is wrong.

Thank you JC I hold you in very high regard as a player and I had to turn every stone sometimes that looks scummy but it really helps in the end. You are a fantastic player and due to that fact even in the end a small part of me was saying to myself friggin JC is going to flip scum and kick my ass :)

In retrospect, you nailing all 3 scum when basically everyone in the game suspected you....baller.

You da man, Smash

thread don't need locking the discussion that took place made its points and just needs to end . I hate when we drag out fights on this board especially in the mafia forum where we rip each other to shreds in the spirit of the game. I love all you guys I really do and yes I get frustrated at times just like the next guy. We are better than a locked thread.

Love you guys too. I had a lot of laughs over the year If I need to be a pariah to get the word banned so be it. Sorry my dry nature rubs some the wrong way.

I would like to thank Nolder and 80 for modding. Can care less what anyone else thinks. It's a lot of damn work. Reason why fat lazy people like me choose not to. I apologize for dropping out but I never really did sign up. Like to thank Verbal for filling in then being nice enough to allow Vic play. Was so awesome to see Vic back here to play a game. Actually, it was just nice to see Vic back at all. I love me some Chillean Thundercat.

As far as the Lizzie verses the board thing? Not talking on that. Just hope it takes care of itself and I hope people decide to play mafia again when they are ready. I will probably not play any time soon because just not in the mindset. But I love each and every member of this community and enjoy spending time with you.

It's not Lizzie vs the board. It's me vs two people who have chosen to dig into their bigoted positions behind personal attacks and character assasination because they got caught defending their old fashioned views.

It's not Lizzie vs the board. It's me vs two people who have chosen to dig into their bigoted positions behind personal attacks and character assasination because they got caught defending their old fashioned views.

What part of me not talking about this confused you?

Just apologize for using the word and don't do it again. It's 2015 knucklehead.

Not gonna do that. You're giving a word far too much power and you're not going to control how I speak.

Next you're going to tell me you were triggered and had an episode.

I will say I'm sorry for saying it to you.

Had you just, I don't know, acted like a normal person and said "hey man that bothers me" from the get go there would have been zero need to argue about it. Instead you bitched out of the game in the worst way and came back with excuses about your cousin while also blaming half the people here for being "intolerant". You're an idiot and clearly have little to no concept of right or wrong because if you did you wouldn't be so upset about a word at your age and more upset with how you've treated everyone here today.

I'm sorry for offending you though.

Not gonna do that. You're giving a word far too much power and you're not going to control how I speak.

Next you're going to tell me you were triggered and had an episode.

I will say I'm sorry for saying it to you.

Had you just, I don't know, acted like a normal person and said "hey man that bothers me" from the get go there would have been zero need to argue about it. Instead you bitched out of the game in the worst way and came back with excuses about your cousin while also blaming half the people here for being "intolerant". You're an idiot and clearly have little to no concept of right or wrong because if you did you wouldn't be so upset about a word at your age and more upset with how you've treated everyone here today.

I'm sorry for offending you though.

You really should have just apologized and let it go. I didn't give it the connotation it did, and only an idiot would tell someone that giving words meaning is what causes them to invoke pain. If you don't see the issue with that word I can't really think of any reason to continue the conversation.

I love this game because it proved that false claims don't hold the higher ground and town managed to see through that. And next time, for ****'s sake... look for beadcrumbing if someone pulls a claim out of their ass on LYLO >.>   PLEASE!  For the sake of what remains of my sanity  lmfao

You really should have just apologized and let it go.

You really should have just let it go and not been offended by a joke but here we are.

I didn't give it the connotation it did, and only an idiot would tell someone that giving words meaning is what causes them to invoke pain.

So I'd be correct in assuming you were never taught the sticks and the stones as a child?

If you don't see the issue with that word I can't really think of any reason to continue the conversation.

Again, it's just a word.

It only holds as much power as you give to it.

You really should have just let it go and not been offended by a joke but here we are.

So I'd be correct in assuming you were never taught the sticks and the stones as a child?

Again, it's just a word.

It only holds as much power as you give to it.

Philosophically you are right but it's still a word with a bad connotation and I think we both agree that we could be more creative with our words. Why choose a word that has the potential to be so hurtful? I may be a little more concerned than most, but I don't think this invalidates my opinion.

Philosophically you are right but it's still a word with a bad connotation and I think we both agree that we could be more creative with our words. Why choose a word that has the potential to be so hurtful? I may be a little more concerned than most, but I don't think this invalidates my opinion.

What invalidates your opinion is the way you've treated not just me but several other people here.

You accused them of being "intolerant" because they, what, wouldn't put me down and wanted to get on with the game they signed up for?

I'll note you haven't apologized to them for your insinuations.

It's that which invalidates your opinion, in my opinion.

Archived