MacDaddy cleaning House! Firings galore! (Merged)

32EBoozer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanny - treated draft draft picks after round 3 like garbage to be tossed away.  Dominated by the head coach, sparse number of picks lead to no depth/development in the long run.

Idzik - Actually had not a bad concept of how to operated, accumulate picks, use cap judiciously.  However poor background in scouting and the actual draft picks were lousy in many cases.  Also a total lack of the ability to make moves quickly if necessary.

MacCagnan - Values draft picks but is not afraid to use them to get players, especially if it is a bargain.  Extensive scouting background and a plan for addressing needs and developing.  The ability to move fast and without fear within the draft.  The one pick trade up to ensure they got Petty, getting a more established RB on the cheap.  The trade down, though panned by a number of posters added some valuable picks and more trade flexibility.

MacCagnan also is humble enough and realistic enough to know that not all picks will turn out.  The results will be what is important going down the road but I like the make up of our new GM far better than the previous two.

Well said.

He kept Graves who was supposedly Idzik's mentor and right hand.  Not sure what to make of that. 

Apparently, he only deals with the contracts, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Nevermind. Ninja'd.

He kept the 2 guys that handle contract creation.  No issues keeping guys that know how to build good contracts.  Plus its the administrative side which is easier to retain.

I understand he is decent at cap skills/good relationship w/agents etc and thats what mac is using him for

"In his position as Arizona Cardinals General Manager, Graves was responsible for all facets of the Cardinals’ football operations. He served as the team’s primary contract negotiator in addition to overseeing salary-cap management, and consulting on other business aspects of the football operation."

Tanny - treated draft draft picks after round 3 like garbage to be tossed away. Dominated by the head coach, sparse number of picks lead to no depth/development in the long run.

Idzik - Actually had not a bad concept of how to operated, accumulate picks, use cap judiciously. However poor background in scouting and the actual draft picks were lousy in many cases. Also a total lack of the ability to make moves quickly if necessary.

MacCagnan - Values draft picks but is not afraid to use them to get players, especially if it is a bargain. Extensive scouting background and a plan for addressing needs and developing. The ability to move fast and without fear within the draft. The one pick trade up to ensure they got Petty, getting a more established RB on the cheap. The trade down, though panned by a number of posters added some valuable picks and more trade flexibility.

MacCagnan also is humble enough and realistic enough to know that not all picks will turn out. The results will be what is important going down the road but I like the make up of our new GM far better than the previous two.

And Rex treated coaching & development like a frat house toga party.

LOL

Mac: "Great job on the draft, you guys, I'm very proud of you all. Now, get the **** out!"

He's still a scout if you know what I mean, so I'm sure he did the draft all by himself, was a one-man show.  Except perhaps for the interrogation stuff and the background checks, I'm sure he delegated that.

SAR I

Lucking into the best pick is forgetting our history.

JETS of years past, take a position player from a small school in same position. (Kenny O (not marino), Kyle Brady (not Sapp).)

This pick shows real maturity on management.

God I wish I could see a video of our war room when the Skins took Scherff.

I bet you they were shocked & it took all of them a few minutes to realize that the best player in the draft just fell into their laps.

I'm thinking high fives all around,lol.

I listened to NFL Sirius for months & everyone said that if you took the 2 QBs out of the equation (Obviously most important position) Williams was #1 best player on everybodies list.

It's pretty funny that Miami just gave Suh the largest contract for a defensive player EVER and the Jets just drafted a guy that actually had better combine #s than Suh. (I'm not saying Williams is as good as Suh). For the money we'll be paying over the next 5 years I'm pretty sure that the Jets ended up with the best value,lol.

I would love to know what some of the offers were received by the Jets to trade up to #6.  Now the Bears (having lost Marshall) were highly likely to take White.  SO whatever the offers were, Mac probably felt that the quality of his 1st selection as Jets GM was going to be in tier 2 of round 1 instead of tier 1.  

I would love to know what some of the offers were received by the Jets to trade up to #6.  Now the Bears (having lost Marshall) were highly likely to take White.  SO whatever the offers were, Mac probably felt that the quality of his 1st selection as Jets GM was going to be in tier 2 of round 1 instead of tier 1.  

Probably the same reaction as when Revis "Stiffed" the Pats and came back home!

He's still a scout if you know what I mean, so I'm sure he did the draft all by himself, was a one-man show.  Except perhaps for the interrogation stuff and the background checks, I'm sure he delegated that.

SAR I

Mac was not going to throw out all this work product and data the Jets had already paid for. It  augmented what he had done while with the Texans. 

Nice to think that our front office and scouting and personnel depts. and player development can only get better as MacDaddy continues to bring in the people he trusts and gets more comfortable in his position.

If Bowles can coach, I can see this organization really making a strong push in 2016 for the playoffs!

Again, it all comes down to how the QB position develops.

About time.

The future appears to get brighter each day.

The thing that would make it even sweeter would be simultaneously watching the decline of the Patriots organization as the NFL locks down every means of cheating while Brady, the $64 million lottery ticket that Bellichec has ridden to 4 **championships** loses his talent.

The thing that would make it even sweeter would be watching the decline of the Patriots organization as the NFL locks down every means of cheating while Brady, the $64 million lottery ticket that Bellichec has ridden to 4 **championships** loses his talent.

That would be nice, but we know it won't happen as long as Goodell is running the show.

True, but his changes were cosmetic. Like moving into a house in need of rebuilding and slapping paint on it. Mac is gutting the house and doing a full remodel. I love it!

More like Macc is burning the old house down then building a new one on top of the ashes. 

The moves he's made along with the constant reference to coach Bowles anytime someone asks about a players role lets me know that we have guys that are about doing their job while respecting the next man's role and working together to be successful. 

2 years ago I was excited to get John Idzik until I realized as you stated his changes were more cosmetic based on the fact that he was restricted by the owner. No matter that situation, I've been very impressed with How Macc and Bowles have worked together to bring talent to this organization. I get the feeling that we have responsible, sensible professionals leading this franchise. 

It's as if aliens did brain transplants on Woody Johnson and James Dolan. I always wished for this, now it seems my dreams, they came true.

Knicks still have the same lackeys running around MSG. Nothing has really changed there.

@ChicagoSports: Ryan Pace making major shakeup in #Bears' scouting department, via @BradBiggs http://t.co/ayCR1KTWKs http://t.co/I3OtcXasZK

Multiple sources told the Tribune on Tuesday that college scouting director Marty Barrett will not have his contract renewed after 18 years with the franchise.

This marks the second major change Pace has made with his scouting staff. Shortly after Pace was hired, director of pro personnel Kevin Turks was fired and Josh Lucas was hired from the Saints as the director of player personnel, a job that oversees the pro and college scouting levels.

Additionally, Pace released Rex Hogan from his contract, allowing him to leave for the Jets as their director of college scouting.

Archived