The La'El Collins watch

Integrity28

Nothing contradictory about it.

The Bills were a good football team last year. They can be a good football team, but still the worst of what this division has to offer.

Don't make it my fault you don't understand things.

Believe me,  I have a very good understanding of your comments to me. I'll leave it at that.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's strictly a lifestyle thing, what would your personal preference be if you were a free agent?

1. San Diego

2. Arizona

3. Denver

4. New York

5. San Francisco

6. Seattle

I'd put Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Green Bay, New England way at the bottom, personally.

Are we going to have to cross-reference this list against the cities that are in states that allow gay marriage, or is it just implied?

On a pure talent basis I want the Jets to sign Collins.  But I'm keeping the possibility open

that Maccagnan may have removed him from consideration because of character concerns

he had prior character issues before this murder?

if this kid innocent, NFL screwed him by not allowing himn to re-enter 2016.. he was 1st rounder, lost milliuns cause cops didnt eliminate him as suspect before draft..seems unfair.

Maybe a FA contract would net him equal or more than being in draft, but i dont know what Legal issues of a rookie contract vs a FA contract are..

But of decent kid, who is innocent, then why the hell not sign him as FA?

Havent worn one for the past month and don't intend on doing so until November.  I'll be the first one to admit our weather is terrible but can't beat other benefits for living here.  

I have been to Buffalo.  It was summertime and it was nice.  A little windy when I was there.  Went to the Falls.  They were great.  Enjopy your Rex

Somebody please explain to me what the **** is going on. Honestly. NO team wanted to touch him with a 9 foot pole in the draft. No team "wasted" even a 7th round compensatory pick on him. He didn't even get drafted with the final pick in the draft. All 32 teams made a statement. They didn't want him. How come that now after the draft EVERY team is courting this guy. You got headcoaches flying out to meet him, have dinner with him, buttering him up. You have other teams who send out friends of his to get him to sign a contract. And who knows what else is going on, who knows what else teams are doing right now to get Collins to join their team. What are these morons doing? Everybody wants him now because of his 1st round talent, why didn't just ONE team have the decency to spend a pick on him? Were teams intimidated by his threats that he wouldn't play for them?

Somebody please explain to me what the **** is going on. Honestly. NO team wanted to touch him with a 9 foot pole in the draft. No team "wasted" even a 7th round compensatory pick on him. He didn't even get drafted with the final pick in the draft. All 32 teams made a statement. They didn't want him. How come that now after the draft EVERY team is courting this guy. You got headcoaches flying out to meet him, have dinner with him, buttering him up. You have other teams who send out friends of his to get him to sign a contract. And who knows what else is going on, who knows what else teams are doing right now to get Collins to join their team. What are these morons doing? Everybody wants him now because of his 1st round talent, why didn't just ONE team have the decency to spend a pick on him? Were teams intimidated by his threats that he wouldn't play for them?

part of the reason is if he was drafted, then he could opt to sit and go back in draft next year. since he was not drafted, he is not draft eligible next draft and has to sign with someone as an UDFA now. it was basically a gentlemen's agreement to leave him alone to not give him leverage.

The fact that they announced that he wasn't going to sign a contract if he were drafted after the 3rd round might have contributed to his failure to become Mr. Irrelevant.

Collins’s representatives are saying that if he’s not selected in Rounds 2 or 3, he won’t play. If a team drafts him in Round 4 or later, he’ll decline to sign with that team, and he also wouldn’t sign as an undrafted free agent. Instead, Collins would re-enter the 2016 draft.

He was in the middle of double homicide investigation that involved an ex and a newborn. That's why. And the threat to not sign didn't help.

And the word 'decency' doesn't mean what you think it means.

You don't appear to be able to.

It may not appear that way (to you) but I do.  However,  it does appear that you do not know the definition of conspiracy.  If you go back,  you will see that I presented this as a "possibility" and you mentioned it was stupid. Why?  It is possible.

part of the reason is if he was drafted, then he could opt to sit and go back in draft next year. since he was not drafted, he is not draft eligible next draft and has to sign with someone as an UDFA now. it was basically a gentlemen's agreement to leave him alone to not give him leverage.

The fact that they announced that he wasn't going to sign a contract if he were drafted after the 3rd round might have contributed to his failure to become Mr. Irrelevant.

I don't think it sends the right message to basically let him run the table. If you want him, pick him. Why would anybody get threatened or intimidated by him? If he doesn't want to play for you, fine, end your career. There were a million different ways to get an agreement done. Like telling him we're gonna draft you with the final pick in the draft but if you become a starter, if you prove yourself and do what we all expect you to do, we will pay you like a Pro Bowler by year 2-3 once you have established yourself as a starter. Seems simple/fair enough.

If it's strictly a lifestyle thing, what would your personal preference be if you were a free agent?

1. San Diego

2. Arizona

3. Denver

4. New York

5. San Francisco

6. Seattle

I'd put Buffalo, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Green Bay, New England way at the bottom, personally.

Tom:  I read on another blog (hearsay) that his family wants him to stay close to home.  If this is true, he may choose Dallas but I think he's going to Miami - justmy personal opinion.

I don't think it sends the right message to basically let him run the table. If you want him, pick him. Why would anybody get threatened or intimidated by him? If he doesn't want to play for you, fine, end your career. There were a million different ways to get an agreement done. Like telling him we're gonna draft you with the final pick in the draft but if you become a starter, if you prove yourself and do what we all expect you to do, we will pay you like a Pro Bowler by year 2-3 once you have established yourself as a starter. Seems simple/fair enough.

1.  There is absolutely nothing fair about this system. 

2.  Why be threatened/intimidated by him?  You are advocating picking a guy who swore he would not sign with you AND was expected to be questioned by the police in connection with a brutal murder. He had not even sat down with the cops yet. There are 3 possibilities, the one where you flat out waste your 7th is far better than the worst.  Also, by picking him in the 7th you actually increase the odds of him sitting out the year because they he could re-enter the draft and go where he deserved to in the first place.

I have been to Buffalo.  It was summertime and it was nice.  A little windy when I was there.  Went to the Falls.  They were great.  Enjopy your Rex

Thank you Jack.  I enjoy living here.

Simple life LOL  -  I've lived in a suburb between Niagara Falls and Buffalo all of my life.  My sons received a quality education -  One is a Surgeon and the other is an Independent Real Estate Broker.  I was (retired) in the top 5% percentile in terms of salary in the U.S. and my husband (very well educated at Canisius High and College) also had (deceased)  a very lucrative business/career and quality of  life.   So despite what you make think,  not everyone in Upstate NY lives a "simple" life.  The arrogance is stifling.

Did u work for the state or gov?

That's the good side of Rex IMO. He does go out of his way for some of these players from a "recruiting" perspective.

As a Bills fan,  I love Rex Ryan.  However,  recruiting a player with a criminal past leaves me with mixed emotions.  One thought is that the criminal past is taking a position from another player that has kept their record clean.  The other part of me likes the idea that Rex gives players a second chance.  I'm okay with Incognito.  Possibility in I's case that a joke went too far.

Cant rookie contracts be ripped up after a year? I would have to think a smart team would be tellig him or agent they'll renegotiate the contract based on how he plays rookie year...and whoever is most aggressive wins....no?

Or something like that??...

Cant rookie contracts be ripped up after a year? I would have to think a smart team would be tellig him or agent they'll renegotiate the contract based on how he plays rookie year...and whoever is most aggressive wins....no?

Or something like that??...

where is jason when you need him?

all this talk about La'el Collins. Let's forget for a second all the off the field stuff. 

This is the Jets current OL depth chart

Brick - Carpenter - Mangold  - Colon - Breno 

with 

Oday Aboushi

James Brewer

Corey Hilliard

Jarvis Harrison

Dalton Freeman

Dakota Dozier

Ben Ijalana 

Brian Winters 

Why would Collins' agent let him sign with the Jets?  There's about 25 more teams that would be easier to make. 

Parallel conduct is not the equivalent of a gentlemen's agreement.  If the parties colluded through some gentlemen's agreement to refuse to draft La'el then there would probably be issues under the CBA.  The fact is without any agreement the parties all had the same incentives not to draft La'el and acted in their own self-interest by not wasting a draft pick on a guy that would attempt to reenter the draft next year.  Perhaps you meant something like that when you were talking about a gentlemen's agreement but the implications of a horizontal refusal to deal (which is implied by the term gentlemen's agreement) would be too dangerous for any party in the NFL to get behind.  

1)  The People - friendly and helpful to each other

2)   Living Space -   Yes,  affordable housing WITH LAND  

3)  Transportation - own vehicles and don't have to depend on public transportation that eats up 1-2 hours of one's day

4)   No walking to the grocery store and lugging 4-5 bags of food to the 100th floor

5)  No fighting crowds on a daily basis

Affordable housing with land. Getting my moving van.13vacant-600.jpgwintry_weather-12.jpgYeah, this is where I want to live.

where is jason when you need him?

Just a thought,  if Collins goes after the money,  I think the team would offer something like a 5 year contract.  The third through fifth year salary would probably be the deciding factor if again,  money was the primary interest. I would think in most cases it would be.    If money is,  Buffalo may have a chance.  Otherwise,  I agree with most posters,  he's going to Miami.  

Archived