Jets Re-Draft! Since All the Picks Are In, Who Would YOU Choose?

JetBlue

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my opinion that he was worth offering something worth while such as a 3rd rounder. People say that he obviously wasnt available yet Tampa talked him up all the way up until the draft in an effort to get something worth while. Many Jet fans would say that he is no way worth a 3rd rounder, then turn around and say that their DE Wilkerson is worth two 1st rounders (Something that even Revis couldnt garner in a trade). But you didnt see anything concrete because it wasnt like Tampa put him on the block. At the end of the day it was my opinion. To say that Glennon "obviously wasnt available" is just as much an opinion given that we dont know if anything was offered, and if so what was the level of such offer. Wilkerson is "obviously not available", unless some team comes of course and offers two first round picks, then all of a sudden he'll be available. It kinda works like that. I think Glennon wasnt available unless something worth while made him so. Tampa didnt get the offer so they didnt let him go. Im not sure if the Jets or any team offered anything and if they did what they offered specifically. I just believe that he was worth spending a 3rd rounder on.

Its all just an opinion of mine, nothing more. However what isnt an opinion is who would have been the clear cut best QB if we did get him. At the end of the day all I would like to see is solid QB play. Im already on to next years draft. Mike Bercovici should be the Jets future. 

No that is also an opinion as well, no matter how well reasoned, because what he did a year ago wouldn't have meant squat in open competition against Smith and Fitz in Chan Gailey's  system.  He MAY have been the best but we will never know.  

Villian seriously, based on the evidence that he is still on Tampa it would appear he wasn't available unless some team bowled them over with an offer they could not refuse.   The evidence also suggests that in what amounted to one of the weakest quarterback drafts in memory, either no one bothered to offer a even 3rd round pick for him or they were rebuffed by TB if they did.  I personally would have had no problem if we offered our 4th rounder for him, but it appears to me that Tampa didn't have him on the market because NO WHERE DID I READ THAT HE WAS AVAILABLE (Before, during or after the Draft).  I am sure if he was, it would have leaked out somewhere.  Who knows maybe once they have their mini camps and get to see Winston up close with the team, they will attempt to trade him; time will tell. 

reminds me of what they said about Jeffrey. We know how that turned out

I think you are referring to Alshon Jeffrey. For the record I was never anti-Alshon Jeffrey.

Edit* just read back and realized I dont know what u guys are talking about. Thought that was a negative Strong post, now not so sure. Please ignore if this post makes no sense

No worries. It's not a negative Strong post by any means.

There's very little chance that Jaelen Strong would have any more of an impact on the Jets in his rookie year than what you're describing for Mauldin.

I doubt that statement. We felt like we had a ton of talent going into training camp last season and in the end we were left with only two starting caliber NFL WR's. I like Kerley but its not like he is a perennial Pro Bowler. He is very good but not great. And what have we added to that receiving corps before this draft, a injury prone WR on the wrong side of 30. Top that even though Delvin Smith sounds like a good pick he is still a developmental project and still not a complete NFL WR. Once you are making plays on the NFL field the playcalls will include a lot of you. So its wrong to say he would have made very little to no impact.

OLB was probably the team's biggest need heading into the draft behind QB.

The JETS have been feeding their defensive needs for more than half a decade. It's time they paid some attention to their anemic offense. They do not have the WR corps in a passing league. They did not even pick a RB in the Top 3 rounds. We will have some major issues in our running games because so far we have been lucky that like of Ivory have been healthy given his physical running style. Bottomline is Strong was a steal in the 3rd round something that never happens to the JETS and the one time it did they looked a gift horse in the mouth. And that too by trading down in a deal that was gift to the Houston Texans.

I get that you're a big Jaelen Strong fan. The league, collectively, saw him as a third rounder.

That is a thin excuse to not pick a guy. The very same league has seen Brady as a 6th rounder and T.O as a 7th rounder and Russel Wilson as a 3rd rounder.

There is no indication that anyone thought Strong was the BPA in the third or any other round for that matter. So why say it other than to stroke yourself into believing your guy was the better choice.

Actually there was every indication he was BPA. every talking head including Kiper had him at the top of the board, and most had him ahead of our 2nd rounder Smith.

Oh, well as long as it's good enough for you...

That's baseline odds that suggests:  1) We didn't do our homework on him, and 2) Petty has an equal chance of every other 4th-7th round project QB.  I know you hated this draft from the start, but it's hard to argue against adding more QB's when your top 2 are Fitzpatrick and Geno and the guy we took was rated a top 5 prospect in this year's class. 

You claim his upside is being a decent backup.  Even if we are to assume that to be correct....what's wrong with that?  If we used anything more than a 4th rounder on him I'd be right there with you complaining.  But this spot in the draft is exactly the right time to be looking for a guy like him when we pretty clearly weren't all that impressed with the QB's at the top of the board.

If he exceeds expectations and looks decent on the field there's always a chance some sucker team out there sends us an early 2nd round pick for his services a couple years from now.  You can't get that kind of value out of a project RT.  The pick made sense to me.

I doubt that statement. We felt like we had a ton of talent going into training camp last season and in the end we were left with only two starting caliber NFL WR's. I like Kerley but its not like he is a perennial Pro Bowler. He is very good but not great. And what have we added to that receiving corps before this draft, a injury prone WR on the wrong side of 30. Top that even though Delvin Smith sounds like a good pick he is still a developmental project and still not a complete NFL WR. Once you are making plays on the NFL field the playcalls will include a lot of you. So its wrong to say he would have made very little to no impact.

The JETS have been feeding their defensive needs for more than half a decade. It's time they paid some attention to their anemic offense. They do not have the WR corps in a passing league. They did not even pick a RB in the Top 3 rounds. We will have some major issues in our running games because so far we have been lucky that like of Ivory have been healthy given his physical running style. Bottomline is Strong was a steal in the 3rd round something that never happens to the JETS and the one time it did they looked a gift horse in the mouth. And that too by trading down in a deal that was gift to the Houston Texans.

That is a thin excuse to not pick a guy. The very same league has seen Brady as a 6th rounder and T.O as a 7th rounder and Russel Wilson as a 3rd rounder.

I'm not going to continue going around in circles with this. I disagree with most of your opinions here, and it really won't be settled until we see how all these players perform on the field, but...

I disagree that Marshall is injury prone. Yes, he's over 31, but I think the Jets get two very productive years out of him.

Don't understand your characterization of Smith as a developmental project, and using that to to suggest that Strong would see the field a lot ahead of the guy the Jets took the round before. Strong looks to be more of a project. A guy who, despite his physical tools, had trouble getting separation against college DBs.

Once the Jets took Smith -a much better fit for their team than Strong- it made sense to not take another WR the next round. Regardless of what previous regimes did or didn't do when collecting personnel, when they were on the clock on the third round, OLB was a much bigger need than WR. I'm a big BAP proponent, but as you move later in the draft, need becomes more of a consideration when deciding between players. There's no doubt in my mind that the Jets will get much more use out of Mauldin than they would've out of Strong, and in trading down, they landed an additional guard, secured Petty, and added a recent third round WR. continuing to call the trade a gift to Houston doesn't make it so, and doesn't convince me that it was. Again, it's a wait and see on if Posey makes the team and/or contributes from there.

We'll have to see how Strong's career goes before we determine that he was a steal there. Sometimes players fall for a reason. I'm thinking Maccagnan had a few reasons not to take Strong there, the primary one being that he didn't rate him nearly as highly as the so-called experts on TV and the Internet.

All of your concerns seem to originate with a love for Jaelen Strong, and dramatically overstating any imbalance in the trade. Again, we won't know until we see Smith, Strong, Mauldin, Marshall, and Harrison play. To me, your complaints are pretty minor, but being presented as if they're crimes against humanity. Looking forward to the preseason so we can see for real.

I know you hated this draft from the start...

Thank you for continuing to misquote me with this bullsh*t. At least you're consistent.

the guy we took was rated a top 5 prospect in this year's class.

Everything after the top 2 was sh*t, so who cares?

You claim his upside is being a decent backup.  Even if we are to assume that to be correct....what's wrong with that? 

Decent backups are available every single year. This is not something you use a mid-rounder on.

If we used anything more than a 4th rounder on him I'd be right there with you complaining. 

Here's the deal. I'm going to keep being critical because it's the Internet and this is a discussion forum. If you have a problem with that, move on. If you're going to keep calling me mad and a complainer, I'm done responding to this sh*t.

But this spot in the draft is exactly the right time to be looking for a guy like him when we pretty clearly weren't all that impressed with the QB's at the top of the board.

When you're looking at a 6% success rate from the 4th on, it isn't ever the right time to start looking for a quarterback.

If he exceeds expectations and looks decent on the field there's always a chance some sucker team out there sends us an early 2nd round pick for his services a couple years from now.  You can't get that kind of value out of a project RT.  The pick made sense to me.

If, if, if. The math says no. That's always been my point. If you can't grasp that simple argument, which is true, I don't know what else to tell you.

Your justification for never taking a QB in the 4th or later could be used for just about any position.  It's an irrelevant point. 

Doggin just showed you why you're wrong in the Bryce Petty thread, so I'll leave it to him. 

This thread tops the cake! A re-draft 3 days after the actual one, when nobody has even set foot on an NFL field for as much as a practice. Good Lord, this is sad, even for Jets fans.

I think it's interesting. The thing you have going for it is you now know who would be available at your next pick. So Gregory in second and Strong in 3rd is viable (if desired), when Mac was picking, he had no idea what WR would be left at his next pick

Oh, well as long as it's good enough for you...

Lol.

What if the arbitrary line was moved from the end of the third round to the middle of the fourth? Instead of the first three rounds vs. the last four, make it the first half of the draft (where Petty was taken) vs. the second half of the draft. All of a sudden, the numbers would look a lot more favorable, I'd imagine.

Lumping him in with first rounders is probably as unfair as lumping him in with sixth and seventh rounders.

Lol.

What if the arbitrary line was moved from the end of the third round to the middle of the fourth? Instead of the first three rounds vs. the last four, make it the first half of the draft (where Petty was taken) vs. the second half of the draft. All of a sudden, the numbers would look a lot more favorable, I'd imagine.

Lumping him in with first rounders is probably as unfair as lumping him in with sixth and seventh rounders.

The third round can sometimes be decent and the 5th round is complete sh*t, so the range works well as a tool. Sure, it's arbitrary in the sense that give or take a few picks between the third and fourth it's still very dependent on the draft class. This is why the size of the sample is useful.

This thread tops the cake! A re-draft 3 days after the actual one, when nobody has even set foot on an NFL field for as much as a practice. Good Lord, this is sad, even for Jets fans.

I think it's a fair thread.  We are not going to be able to rate a draft within 3 days, but the idea of a re-draft has more to do with who fell where and what happens when you trade down.  Sometimes you target a guy who isn't there or end up moving up and if you stay put  a guy we like just as much is sitting.  It's just chatter, not too many people are going to attack the approach too hard right now.

I think it's a fair thread. We are not going to be able to rate a draft within 3 days, but the idea of a re-draft has more to do with who fell where and what happens when you trade down. Sometimes you target a guy who isn't there or end up moving up and if you stay put a guy we like just as much is sitting. It's just chatter, not too many people are going to attack the approach too hard right now.

Yeah, but still, how dare anyone say who they would have redrafted in a thread asking people who they would have redrafted?

I think it's interesting. The thing you have going for it is you now know who would be available at your next pick. So Gregory in second and Strong in 3rd is viable (if desired), when Mac was picking, he had no idea what WR would be left at his next pick

I don't think we were ever taking Gregory or DGB. It's still early but based on the moves so far I think this FO has deemed it better off not even bothering. Biggest risk they're willing to take is guys like Harrison in the hopes that they can be coached out of the on-field stuff.

Posey Is a guy that Maccagnan almost certainly scouted, that his then team drafted in the third round.

You should also check which round T.J. Graham was drafted.

Thise guys career hasn't taken off and now that he is green and white i hope he has all the success BUT at this moment he is nothing more than a guy who had 1 catch for 30 yards in an ENTIRE season.Such guys are available dime a dozen in the NFL. Let's not kid ourselves. If any team values him at a top 6th round pick they are deluding himself.

Rounds 2-3-4 I'm not confident in...the QB in the fourth doesnt help any immediate needs and the likelihood of Petty ever becoming a starter is small.

I probably would have went Gregory-Strong- Best O-lineman in a re-do. I'd consider Beasley over Williams as well.

You should also check which round T.J. Graham was drafted.

Thise guys career hasn't taken off and now that he is green and white i hope he has all the success BUT at this moment he is nothing more than a guy who had 1 catch for 30 yards in an ENTIRE season.Such guys are available dime a dozen in the NFL. Let's not kid ourselves. If any team values him at a top 6th round pick they are deluding himself.

T. Y Hilton was taken after him and Reuben Randle right before. He was actually drafted one position higher by the Texans than the Jets gave up in this draft to trade down. If he's worth half that value it's 122.5 points when they gave up 60 to move down. They also got a 7th (229) in the mix that they used to pick up Stacy. It's usually the case that when a team trades down to get another pick (5th round -- which also goes toward neutralizing the loss the 5th for Marshall) they give up value. The Jets actually gained value on the trade down if they think Posey is worth 59 points or one-fourth of his original draft value).

Also, the Marshall trade, from a draft value point of view, was equal to a 6th round, 1st pick (39 points for 5th round 6 minus the 7th round 7 pick at 11.8).

Rounds 2-3-4 I'm not confident in...the QB in the fourth doesnt help any immediate needs and the likelihood of Petty ever becoming a starter is small.

I probably would have went Gregory-Strong- Best O-lineman in a re-do. I'd consider Beasley over Williams as well.

Again, that your right to have that opinion, but it's armchair GM stuff to the max. Williams enormously more valuable than Beasley from a BPA perspective. Then you have to factor in what the marginal gain from Beasley over Mauldin will be and factor in the impact of Williams on the super-unit DL.

Gregory is entirely a crap-shoot. The risk is so high that even at the 60th pick Jerry Jones had to have personal assurances from Gregory that he would get help for his emotional problems. Not to mention that fact that Gregory is not an ideal fit for a 3-4 OLB unless you believe the claim that at a beefed up 235 he plays as strong as Beasley at 245, who benched almost double the reps. Meanwhile, Mauldin is a natural 260+ OLB.

Strong? He's not a vertical threat receiver. He's a lot like Decker and still a project. Smith is a better fit. But we can debate that all day so I'll give you that one as a matter of difference of opinion.

I'm not going to continue going around in circles with this. I disagree with most of your opinions here, and it really won't be settled until we see how all these players perform on the field, but...

I disagree that Marshall is injury prone. Yes, he's over 31, but I think the Jets get two very productive years out of him.

Don't understand your characterization of Smith as a developmental project, and using that to to suggest that Strong would see the field a lot ahead of the guy the Jets took the round before. Strong looks to be more of a project. A guy who, despite his physical tools, had trouble getting separation against college DBs.

Once the Jets took Smith -a much better fit for their team than Strong- it made sense to not take another WR the next round. Regardless of what previous regimes did or didn't do when collecting personnel, when they were on the clock on the third round, OLB was a much bigger need than WR. I'm a big BAP proponent, but as you move later in the draft, need becomes more of a consideration when deciding between players. There's no doubt in my mind that the Jets will get much more use out of Mauldin than they would've out of Strong, and in trading down, they landed an additional guard, secured Petty, and added a recent third round WR. continuing to call the trade a gift to Houston doesn't make it so, and doesn't convince me that it was. Again, it's a wait and see on if Posey makes the team and/or contributes from there.

We'll have to see how Strong's career goes before we determine that he was a steal there. Sometimes players fall for a reason. I'm thinking Maccagnan had a few reasons not to take Strong there, the primary one being that he didn't rate him nearly as highly as the so-called experts on TV and the Internet.

All of your concerns seem to originate with a love for Jaelen Strong, and dramatically overstating any imbalance in the trade. Again, we won't know until we see Smith, Strong, Mauldin, Marshall, and Harrison play. To me, your complaints are pretty minor, but being presented as if they're crimes against humanity. Looking forward to the preseason so we can see for real.

You come up with hypothetical assertions which you cannot prove. Than if i call them what they are you start going rogue. :)

Bottomline is Jaelen Strong was a steal with a 3rd round pick as a prospect and the JETS who never usually find themselves in that position whiffed on this oppurtinity.

Marshall was injury prone last season and at 31 the risk factor associated with his football playing health is very HIGH.

I liked the Delvin Smith pick because he provides something that the JETS do not have BUT to borrow the phrase from a recent news article, he is a one trick pony, although he was very good at that one trick in college. He has to work on a lot of a things to become a complete NFL WR. So i wont be surprised if he is used situationally. Maybe he is fast learner and is a complete WR by the first game of the season. Who knows. But right now he is a one trick pony and has to develop into a complete NFL WR.

Strong is a much complete WR and would have served the team for a long time. To me he is a Marshall clone. I wish i could have the confidence you have that Marshall will last two seasons. But I am not sure about that. And heck even if Marshall lasts two seasons Strong would have still been useful. He was a steal of a pick in the 3rd round.

Again i understand sometimes prospects do not pan out. And there are times when coaching actually screws a player OR a player does not have in him to develop to his max potential for whatever reason. BUT as a prospect Jaelen Strong was a very good one and will always remain a steal at the top of the 3rd round.

You make decisions based on what you know in present time. Hindsight in always 20/20. And based on that trading down for less than fair value and not picking a steal of a pick in the 3rd will always remain a wrong move. Yeah the JETS might get lucky (i hope they do in some way) and say DeVier Posey becomes a Hall of Famer making the JETS look like pure geniuses BUT in the long run when you make trades based on getting plain and pure lucky you will find that less and less of your decisions are successful. So I would rather the JETS make decisions on good football sense because in the longer term the probability of success of such decisions is always going to be much higher.

T. Y Hilton was taken after him and Reuben Randle right before. He was actually drafted one position higher by the Texans than the Jets gave up in this draft to trade down. If he's worth half that value it's 122.5 points when they gave up 60 to move down. They also got a 7th (229) in the mix that they used to pick up Stacy. It's usually the case that when a team trades down to get another pick (5th round -- which also goes toward neutralizing the loss the 5th for Marshall) they give up value. The Jets actually gained value on the trade down if they think Posey is worth 59 points or one-fourth of his original draft value).

Also, the Marshall trade, from a draft value point of view, was equal to a 6th round, 1st pick (39 points for 5th round 6 minus the 7th round 7 pick at 11.8).

You should focus on the value of a WR who has 1 catch for 30 yards. Because that value is the present value of DeVier Posey. Not what was perceived to be worth in the draft a few years back.

In that very same draft Stephen Hill was perceived to be a 2nd round pick and whatever number of points that is. Would you rate him at half that number of points today and trade for him with a draft pick that equates to that value. NO one would do that.

You should focus on the value of a WR who has 1 catch for 30 yards. Because that value is the present value of DeVier Posey. Not what was perceived to be worth in the draft a few years back.

In that very same draft Stephen Hill was perceived to be a 2nd round pick and whatever number of points that is. Would you rate him at half that number of points today and trade for him with a draft pick that equates to that value. NO one would do that.

We honestly don't know Posey's actual value because he was not used by O'Brien enough to tell. If you think McC doesn't have a good sense of his value even though he picked him and was in the organization, then you don't trust McC.

In the same way, we know nothing about how good or how ready Jaelen Strong will be for the NFL, nor any draft pick. Depending on the ranking you looked at he was all over the boards from low first to late third. I liked him too, but our determination not to go after him or Eli Harold is not in any sense a failure -- it was a choice.

We honestly don't know Posey's actual value because he was not used by O'Brien enough to tell. If you think McC doesn't have a good sense of his value even though he picked him and was in the organization, then you don't trust McC.

In the same way, we know nothing about how good or how ready Jaelen Strong will be for the NFL, nor any draft pick. Depending on the ranking you looked at he was all over the boards from low first to late third. I liked him too, but our determination not to go after him or Eli Harold is not in any sense a failure -- it was a choice.

I see you avoided the STephen Hill point completely.

Posey's value right now is the value of a WR with 1 catch for 30 yards in the entire season. Which is nothing.

What does the second para have to do with anything you said before. This just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I see you avoided the STephen Hill point completely.

Posey's value right now is the value of a WR with 1 catch for 30 yards in the entire season. Which is nothing.

What does the second para have to do with anything you said before. This just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Mentioning Stephen Hill doesn't prove anything either. I mentioned receivers drafted around Posey who are good receivers. What does that prove or disprove? Nothing. My point about Strong is the same. You are absolutely convinced that he's a star in the making. The player rankings were not consistent enough to assume that at all. You love him? So be it. But there are many many teams that did not value him as highly as you do. In fact, based on where he went, he was considered a mid-round talent much as Posey was a few years ago. Falling in love with a specific player is a fatal flaw in drafting. It usually results in reaching or paying too heavily to move up.

Actually there was every indication he was BPA. every talking head including Kiper had him at the top of the board, and most had him ahead of our 2nd rounder Smith.

Who cares what Kiper says, he's no expert and is wrong more than he's right. I'm talking about actual football people. The Jets FO obviously had Smith as their BPA.. And the experts from every single team that passed over Strong in the second. That said Smith was a low 1st tom2nd round projection. Thats all that counts, not what some clown from ESPN says. With that plenty of talking heads and media people like the Jets pick of Smith, it wasn't close to every talking head.

No that is also an opinion as well, no matter how well reasoned, because what he did a year ago wouldn't have meant squat in open competition against Smith and Fitz in Chan Gailey's  system.  He MAY have been the best but we will never know.  

Villian seriously, based on the evidence that he is still on Tampa it would appear he wasn't available unless some team bowled them over with an offer they could not refuse.   The evidence also suggests that in what amounted to one of the weakest quarterback drafts in memory, either no one bothered to offer a even 3rd round pick for him or they were rebuffed by TB if they did.  I personally would have had no problem if we offered our 4th rounder for him, but it appears to me that Tampa didn't have him on the market because NO WHERE DID I READ THAT HE WAS AVAILABLE (Before, during or after the Draft).  I am sure if he was, it would have leaked out somewhere.  Who knows maybe once they have their mini camps and get to see Winston up close with the team, they will attempt to trade him; time will tell. 

You could very well be right. I cant dispute it. I also will say that it would have been an open competition, though I believe even beforehand that Glennon is clearly better. We'll never know unfortunately.

The Jets were never going to take Gregory. From what I've heard, it was the Jets' shrink whose psychological evaluation of Gregory was a disaster. "Difficulty managing adversity" and such like that. Other teams who invited Gregory did their own evaluations but the guy straddles the line between normalcy and serious issues. No thanks.

You come up with hypothetical assertions which you cannot prove. Than if i call them what they are you start going rogue. :)

Marshall was injury prone last season and at 31 the risk factor associated with his football playing health is very HIGH.

I don't post here often, but I'm sorry I can't read this garbage anymore.  Brandon Marshall has missed a total of 8 games in 9 seasons.  A guy who has an injury in one season is not injury prone.  It means he was hurt for a part of a year.  The 3 years preceding that he averaged over 1,300 yards and 9 TD's and did not miss a single game.  His one "bad" year he missed 3 games and still put up 721 yards and 8 TD's. 

You talk about hypothetical assertions and then you claim as fact that a guy who has barely missed any time throughout his career is injury prone.  Ridiculous.

Not picking Jaelen Strong in the 3rd might be one we remember for years to come.

He's already the most over-rated WR in the history of the NFL.

Seriously, he reminds me of Cotchery. A slow receiver with good hands. Cotchery had a corner on his hip his whole career, he needed Pennington and Favre to throw him open, otherwise he couldn't separate or had to win on contested catches. I loved Cotch, but I'd rather have the OLB, Posey and Zac Stacy there. I know we didn't trade that same 7th for Zac, but if we hadn't gotten the extra 7th to secure Petty, then we wouldn't have had the extra 7th to get Stacy.

Mentioning Stephen Hill doesn't prove anything either. I mentioned receivers drafted around Posey who are good receivers. What does that prove or disprove? Nothing. My point about Strong is the same. You are absolutely convinced that he's a star in the making. The player rankings were not consistent enough to assume that at all. You love him? So be it. But there are many many teams that did not value him as highly as you do. In fact, based on where he went, he was considered a mid-round talent much as Posey was a few years ago. Falling in love with a specific player is a fatal flaw in drafting. It usually results in reaching or paying too heavily to move up.

The STephen Hill analogy proved that your iniitial analysis(?) was fatally flawed.

Posey may have been rated a mid rounder a few years back and but right now he is valued at nothing. Not even a pack of gum.

Strong maybe a bust or not we will see. But as a prospect he was a steal in the 3rd round. TO be honest i have never "loved" any player., But i do love my team and i hate seeing them shortchanged by their own self.

He's already the most over-rated WR in the history of the NFL.

Seriously, he reminds me of Cotchery. A slow receiver with good hands. Cotchery had a corner on his hip his whole career, he needed Pennington and Favre to throw him open, otherwise he couldn't separate or had to win on contested catches. I loved Cotch, but I'd rather have the OLB, Posey and Zac Stacy there. I know we didn't trade that same 7th for Zac, but if we hadn't gotten the extra 7th to secure Petty, then we wouldn't have had the extra 7th to get Stacy.

He is a solid prospect. As a NFL player he has no standing as of yet.

He did remind me a lot of Brandon Marshall. As i listed in some thread if you look at the negatives of Brandon Marshall the prospect there are many of the same and similar criticisms that you see of Jaelen Strong now. Maybe his ceiling is that of Cotch, but even then he is more NFL ready version of Cotch. Cotch's performance was not that great in his rookie season. I thought he was a steal with a 3rd round pick.

I understand we got some picks, but they were not fair value. We could have still got Zac and traded up for Petty. We may have not got the DT Simon.

Also while the Stacy pickup is not bad he is not a surefire lock for a 53 man roster spot. That may depend on healthy Steven Ridley is and how he performs on the field.

I don't post here often, but I'm sorry I can't read this garbage anymore.  Brandon Marshall has missed a total of 8 games in 9 seasons.  A guy who has an injury in one season is not injury prone.  It means he was hurt for a part of a year.  The 3 years preceding that he averaged over 1,300 yards and 9 TD's and did not miss a single game.  His one "bad" year he missed 3 games and still put up 721 yards and 8 TD's. 

You talk about hypothetical assertions and then you claim as fact that a guy who has barely missed any time throughout his career is injury prone.  Ridiculous.

You seem to know your stats. So tell me how many games did he play completely healthy last season ? And if he was healthy for all the games he played what explains the significant drop of in his numbers last season.

No matter how he performs this season, the risk factor of injury is always going to be there and it is going to high when a player comes back from an injury prone season.

But then again why should you read garbage. I usually ignore what i consider garbage. I would advice you to do the same.

The STephen Hill analogy proved that your iniitial analysis(?) was fatally flawed.

Posey may have been rated a mid rounder a few years back and but right now he is valued at nothing. Not even a pack of gum.

Strong maybe a bust or not we will see. But as a prospect he was a steal in the 3rd round. TO be honest i have never "loved" any player., But i do love my team and i hate seeing them shortchanged by their own self.

This is ridiculous. It was you who trotted out how TJ Graham was a lousy pick around the same range as Posey. I simply corrected yyour nonsense by pointing out who you hadn't mentioned. Your analysis of Marshall is silly as well. Have you actually looked at what his injuries were and whether they suggest a chronic or worsening issue? Have you actually noted that he played through injury last year and still put up very good numbers for games played. Marshall is an elite receiver. He was very very good trade value for what the Jets gave and got. Most of your argument is based on valuation of Strong by media analysts. You're acting like that's gospel. Their opinions are far from it. I'll take what the Jets did ten times over your alternatives. They are simply a lot smarter than you or me. Several moves were actually very very smart.

Archived