• Half a season
    • 4 games
    • 1 game
    • Zero
    • Other - Fines, Raise, Full size statue in the Hall, etc

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the worst thing that can happen to pro football. It has been proven that the Best player on the Championship team was involved in an act that put the integrity of the sport in question,

He should be suspended for the entire 2015 season. 

This is the worst thing that can happen to pro football. It has been proven that the Best player on the Championship team was involved in an act that put the integrity of the sport in question,

Should be and will be is two completely different things.

Another possibility is Goodell will make an "indecent proposal" and try to get Giselle for 1 night in exchange for no penalty.

Gisele wouldn't probably oppose that too much, supermodels don't get there by withholding their charms (j/k)

"Tommy: based off the Bountgate should get a year. No way the NFL does that. Likely 4, with move to 2 if he does some sill easy things during the 2 game suspension.

I agree Tinstar.  I hope you are right.  The only thing the league has going for them right now is that Goodell has made a number of unpopular decisions.  Maybe it's time to redeem himself by giving a stringent violation and stiff fine.

He should get the whole year, we'll be lucky if he gets 4.

Agreed. I voted Full season... Lucky if he gets 4.

Brady=Ratings

If he does get suspended it will be when they don't play Primetime games

They'll suspend him right before the season begins.... Brady appeals which cranks up the ratings for the

Thursday night game 1 against Pitt. His suspension will result in week 2-5

Back in time for Jets game

If Goodell expects to keep whatever credibility he has left, the punishment has to be swift and severe. One season. Seriously. No, it's not like the 1919 Chicago White Sox, but cheating is cheating. The integrity of the game is in jeopardy if Goodell does not bring down a sever punishment.

I'm wondering though, I can't believe that Belidick didn't know about this. Could Brady be the fall guy in all of this?

He'll be suspended 4 games. 

In the preseason.   

I think this is going to be a very light suspension, and probably a heavy fine.  I don't think Goddell has the balls to do anything substantial to Brady.   At worst for them, it's a 1 game suspension, a "stern warning" to every other club, and then sweep this under the rug mode.   It's a shame.  I like how there are people saying this wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't the Pats.  You are right, it wouldn't be an issue, the guy would be banned for half a season like Gordon/Hardy/Blackmon, and people would move on after a day or so.    

Archived