1. 1. Number of games

• One season
    • Half a season
    • 4 games
    • 1 game
    • Zero
    • Other - Fines, Raise, Full size statue in the Hall, etc

You're so obvious.

I know you think I'm trying the whole reverse psychology thingy but I'm dead serious. This league, Goodell, is a complete and utter joke.  Its the WWF.  They're not going to suspend the darlings of the NFL. He's not going to hurt his boo's team.  Not a chance. They'll get a fine.  That's it. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truly amazing thing is that Brady refused to let the investigators anywhere near his phone which is extremely telling and a strong indication of his guilt.

Does anyone think for one moment that if his phone had no comments or communications on this issue that he wouldn't be running to the investigators saying "look nothing is there!"

This is an embarrassment. And goes to the very heart of those of who were saying when spygate broke that the Pats organization is and was cheating in ways we can never know and now it is proven!!!

What a joke.

Why don't you have 2 games as a choice in the poll? because that's what I think he gets.  Not what he "should" get , but what he will get.

IMO, he should get 8 games.  4 for cheating and another 4 for being uncooperative with the investigation and orchestrating a cover up.  Frankly, it should be a whole season, but we all know that Roger won't do that.

What it should be is a full season.  It won't be.

What actually happens depends how angry the other owners are.    They have a problem.  If they suspend him for a full season, really puts a question mark on the Super Bowl.

Think it will be one game, a draft pick, and a hefty fine.  

For Brady, there’s another problem; he refused to fully cooperate with the investigation. As the NFL’s Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules states, “Failure to cooperate in an investigation shall be considered conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the offending club and responsible individual(s) to appropriate discipline.”

Don't see how even Kraft's influence can save him from sitting for a few.

If the league doesn't do something by the book here - there should to be 360 degree heat from 31 other teams and the world - not just Jet and Indy fans.  

I hate to say it but any suspension could work in the Pats favor as they get a chance to get Jimmy G. some live game action to see if he is truly the heir apparent.  If he performs well, they know they have their quarterback of the future; if not, they will at least know this ahead of time and since Brady probably has another 2-3 years, it will give them time to work on finding his replacement.  If he plays well, they may seek to move Brady sooner than later and try to get few picks.   

I'd be fine w/ a zero game suspension if the NFL agreed to literally put an asterisk next to their SB win in the official scorebook/highlight videos, etc. To me, that would be the ideal penalty.

That would actually be a way worse penalty than suspension.

I'd like to see Brady suspended for a long period of time.  However,  for teams playing the Patriots this season,  this is going to be a damned if you do,  damned if you don't situation.  If a team wins against the Patriots (with Brady absent),  people are going to say it really wasn't a win because they played their second line QB.   This is what the Bills heard in their last win against Patriots,  who played their second string.  Above and beyond all the talk,  a win is a win.  It would be nice to see someone other than the Patriots take the AFC East this season.

I hate to say it but any suspension could work in the Pats favor as they get a chance to get Jimmy G. some live game action to see if he is truly the heir apparent.  If he performs well, they know they have their quarterback of the future; if not, they will at least know this ahead of time and since Brady probably has another 2-3 years, it will give them time to work on finding his replacement.  If he plays well, they may seek to move Brady sooner than later and try to get few picks.   

Ugh it would be typical jets luck if Jimmy G started lighting it up and a suspension just served as a mo lewis/drew bledsoe moment to torture us for another 15 years...

I'd be fine w/ a zero game suspension if the NFL agreed to literally put an asterisk next to their SB win in the official scorebook/highlight videos, etc. To me, that would be the ideal penalty.

Yeah, doesn't even matter the damage is done.

Tom Brady frees up $24M for Pats

In a deal turned into the NFL office Monday, quarterback Tom Bradyrestructured his contract to give the New England Patriots $24 million more in cash to spend this offseason, according to league sources.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Under the new deal, Brady changed the $24 million in "skill" guarantee to only "injury" guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he was injured.

Brady also now can be released by the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender.

Brady will receive a $1 million bump in each of the three remaining years of the deal. His base salaries will now be $8 million in 2015, $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017.

The move frees up cash for the Patriots to use on other players. New England needs the cash to help re-sign some of its own free agents, including cornerbackDarrelle Revis, safety Devin McCourty, tackle Nate Solder and running backShane Vereen.

ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss contributed to this report.

It should be 4 games, but given the sorry state of the NFL and it's neutered commissioner he will probably be fined. Or if he actually gets suspended it will be overturned on appeal since there is no actual 'smoking gun' of guilt. We all know the Pats cheat, so lying is also second nature. Tom Brady is an icon to casual NFL fans as well as die hard ones and I hope he pukes in his own mouth a little bit whenever he lies about it again. Lying only makes it worse. If he came out and said, "I made a mistake and I am truly sorry" many fans would forgive him, but I think the damage is done.

The truly amazing thing is that Brady refused to let the investigators anywhere near his phone which is extremely telling and a strong indication of his guilt.

Does anyone think for one moment that if his phone had no comments or communications on this issue that he wouldn't be running to the investigators saying "look nothing is there!"

This is an embarrassment. And goes to the very heart of those of who were saying when spygate broke that the Pats organization is and was cheating in ways we can never know and now it is proven!!!

What a joke.

Yup. All the "probably this and that" is irrelevant now. He's been nailed. Now the punishment. It will be more than many here expect. NFL has its hands tied on this one.

It has to be minimum of one year each for Brady & Belicheat. There already is a precedent set with New Orleans concerning Payton and Vilma. This is arguably a worse offense and it's a repeat offense for Belicheat. There will be hell to pay from the other owners if NE gets off too light. Kraft may be Godell's butt f'ck buddy, but there are 31 other owners he is accountable too. Brady's non cooperation is also a serious offense. With all the other crap this season, the NFL has to do something. Peterson loses a year for off the field issues, Brady can't be treated any less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It has to be minimum of one year each for Brady & Belicheat. There already is a precedent set with New Orleans concerning Payton and Vilma. This is arguably a worse offense and it's a repeat offense for Belicheat. There will be hell to pay from the other owners if NE gets off too light. Kraft may be Godell's butt f'ck buddy, but there are 31 other owners he is accountable too. Brady's non cooperation is also a serious offense. With all the other crap this season, the NFL has to do something. Peterson loses a year for off the field issues, Brady can't be treated any less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's a different type of cheating though. They were hurting people.

Zero. If he gets suspended for a full season I will gladly eat my words.

This. ^

Remember this is Kraft, Goodell and NFL poster boy T.B.

There will be a hefty fine for show.

Kraft has tons of cash so he doesnt care about fines.

They may lose a draft pick.

They lost picks before for a previous cheat if I remember correctly. Really hurt them bad.

Archived