Rookie MiniCamp Tweets (UPDATED: DAY 2)

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it. Cameras down

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Jets QB Bryce Petty intercepted on poorly thrown deep ball. CB Greg Henderson made the play. #nyj

Chris Nimbley @Cnimbley
Petty is not having a good practice, he's way off target. He really needs to learn to use his lower body when throwing. Too much arm #Jets

Eric Allen @eallenjets
Couple of notable plays in team. Deion Barnes would-be sack of Heaps, Greg Henderson INT of Petty long ball, Mauldin run stuff after burst.

Eric Allen @eallenjets
Petty displays the arm, throwing a long ball to Jonathon Rumph (UGA) in team.  Lots of snaps under center and from the gun.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Bryce Petty not as sharp as yesterday, but connected with WR Jonathon Rumph (non roster) on long pass. #nyj

Seth Walder ✔@SethWalderNYDN
Leonard Williams having a good practice today. He's quick.

Eric Allen @eallenjets
Lots of situational work in team.  Here comes Leo.  Leonard Williams follows up a run stuff with a hurry of Petty.  Good feet.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini
No. 1 Leonard Williams dominating in team drills. Stuffs a run, two QB pressures on 3 straight plays. He's good. #nyj

Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets  6m6 minutes ago
Lots of situational work in team.  Here comes Leo.  Leonard Williams follows up a run stuff with a hurry of Petty.  Good feet.

Leonard Williams wins practice today. Bryce Petty not as strong a practice as he had on Friday. #nyj

I think practice is over now. Bowles Presser coming up at 3pm.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  26s27 seconds ago
Jets practice over: Leonard Williams stood out, as you'd expect. Bryce Petty so-so. Quincy Enunwa (Idzik 12) made some plays. #nyj

atta boy Qunicy, bounce back and prove yourself!

Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets  3m3 minutes ago
Coach Bowles, who is knocking it out of the park with hat selection, says lot of mental errors on both sides of the ball, slower than FRI.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley  3m3 minutes ago
Bowles is asked about early impression on Devin Smith, "two days man. It's been two days." Preach Todd, preach #Jets

Eric Allen ‏@eallenjets  2m2 minutes ago
Coach Bowles on Leonard Williams: Grasping the system very well, he's in shape, doing pretty good for two-hand touch.

New York Jets ‏@nyjets  2m2 minutes ago
Bowles on @leonardwilliams: "He's grasping the situation really well and he's in shape...for two-hand touch, he's pretty good.

SeanLDurham® ‏@SeanLDurham  2m2 minutes ago
Bowles on offense - "Im going to spend most of my time on the offense..looking, learning, teaching...I know defense with my eyes closed"

Bowles on his emphasis on the offense in practice: "Looking, watching, seeing and correcting...It's good for me to go over there and learn."

SeanLDurham® ‏@SeanLDurham  1m1 minute ago
Bowles harping on Gailey's "in game adjustments" as one of the reasons he hired him as his OC

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  1m1 minute ago
Bowles said Gailey is also "even-keeled'" when it comes to run vs pass and "he can reach players." #jets

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN  2m2 minutes ago
Bowles said he first thought of having Chan Gailey as his OC about a year ago. #nyj

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI  1m1 minute ago
Bowles keeps reiterating Gailey is 'balanced" on offense.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley  32s33 seconds ago
Bowles said hiring Chan Gailey was more about how he ran the ball in Pitt. Said passing game was a given but he wants to be balanced #Jets

Misdirection and smokescreens alrdy.  I'm on to you Bowles!

SeanLDurham® ‏@SeanLDurham  2m2 minutes ago
Bowles on offense - "Im going to spend most of my time on the offense..looking, learning, teaching...I know defense with my eyes closed"

Bowles on his emphasis on the offense in practice: "Looking, watching, seeing and correcting...It's good for me to go over there and learn."

Man I love this guy. Now this is why I was OK with hiring another Defensive Minded Coach.  This dude is the complete package!

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  11s11 seconds ago
Lot of mental errors in practice, per Bowles. Coaches gave the players more material to digest and result was sloppy play. Typical. #nyj

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets  1m1 minute ago
Todd Bowles hat game. Mike Maccagnan coffee game. Both key elements in improving this #Jets culture

Thought this was funny.  I do love the hats Bowles have been wearing.  Especially the NYJ one he wore yesterday and today.

Archived