SEAHAWKS' FANS START PETITION TO STRIP PATRIOTS OF SB WIN

jeaniec

Just came across this article.

http://cover32.com/seahawks/2015/05/06/seattle-seahawks-fans-start-petition-to-strip-the-patriots-of-their-super-bowl-win/#Sp4ObIZqzUgLge2U.01

Seattle Seahawks fans start petition to strip the Patriots of their Super Bowl win
By Tim Weaver
May 06, 2015 2:38 pm PDT
 4240 views
 12 comments
 2.6K 4 0 0 11

The wrong team won the Super Bowl.

That isn’t to say that the Seattle Seahawks should have won, but it definitely should not have been the New England Patriots hoisting the Lombardi trophy back in February.

Today we finally got answers about the deflate gate controversy, and the details paint the team and their quarterback Tom Brady in a negative light. As it turns out, Brady had an active hand in instructing equipment managers to deflate the balls.

It’s a significant competitive violation and some people are expecting fines and a possible suspension as part of the punishment. Several Vegas oddsmakers have taken the Patriots’ season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers off the books, perhaps anticipating a Brady suspension…

AROUND COVER32

QB RankingsRating all 32 of the NFL’s current starters from 1-32

First and 10The 10 biggest steals from the 2015 NFL Draft

Now some Seahawks fans have started a petition to Roger Goodell to strip the Patriots of their title and award it to the Seahawks:

I won’t be signing, but if you’re so inclined you can find the petition here.

I don’t agree the Seahawks should just have it handed to them. In an ideal world, I would have the Ravens and Colts play a one-game playoff to determine who the legitimate AFC champion was, and have them face the Seahawks in a fresh game to determine a new Super Bowl winner. Of course that will never happen so it’s not worth discussing.

My guess is that the equipment guys will be fired, Brady will get a slap-on-the-wrist fine and the NFL will go on pretending that this whole thing didn’t happen.

We will have a much more detailed breakdown of the Wells Report coming tomorrow…

Read more at http://cover32.com/seahawks/2015/05/06/seattle-seahawks-fans-start-petition-to-strip-the-patriots-of-their-super-bowl-win/#SXks9edbhmfQjlqh.99

there is a huge difference between the seahawks doing this and fans doing this

please edit title

Now I wish the Seahawks spoke out about it and demand at least a one year ban. That will speak much louder when it comes time to decide what the ban should be. The only thing that's being stripped off are Bundchens clothes in public when her baby gets hungry! That was a disgrace!

Ha ha a petition to take the pats title? For what, you had the best defense and couldnt stop brady w REGULATED FOOTBALLS

Might i add..ha ha

shady brady should not have been playing in that game

the game was played with an ineligible player

shady brady should not have been playing in that game

the game was played with an ineligible player

And as i said before..just as it was in bounty gate..no title or accolade was taken away from the saints.

Pats arent losing anything but thier QB for a little bit.

And you know the rest of the AFC east wants as much games as possible. Cause if its not enough. Its gonna be looked at as its the pats than everyone else like its always been..

I respect that team and fan base but they need to stop!!!  They should make sure Caroll

& Bevell stop drinking "stupid juice" before they call the deciding play in a SB.  NE was

beaten and they said "Nah, we already won last year here you take it" 

And as i said before..just as it was in bounty gate..no title or accolade was taken away from the saints.

Pats arent losing anything but thier QB for a little bit.

And you know the rest of the AFC east wants as much games as possible. Cause if its not enough. Its gonna be looked at as its the pats than everyone else like its always been..

playing with an ineligible player is cause for a forfiet

playing with an ineligible player is cause for a forfiet

Last time i checked. Everyone from both seattle n new England was eligible to play. Balls were inflated correctly, Nobody was allowed to tape any walk throughs, no snow on the ground no tuck rule was in affect.

Seattle couldn't stop brady n lost fair n square...

Those are the breaks..

Last time i checked. Everyone from both seattle n new England was eligible to play. Balls were inflated correctly, Nobody was allowed to tape any walk throughs, no snow on the ground no tuck rule was in affect.

Those are the breaks..

pats* fans sure have a long check list eh ?

what a joke

the reality is you already have had the superbowl taken away.  the gig is up.  brady got caught red handed cheating, and instead of being a man about it, he is hiding behind that senile bat krafty who has yet to apologize for his ridiculous posturing

30 years form now, when you try to bring up shady brady or the cheatriots and brag, you know what the reaction will be, right ?

"doesn't count, they cheated"

keep going through that check list, lol

Those are the breaks..

Or teams that tamper with players under contract.

Seriously?   With responses like this you are clearly on life support.  Every mention of the Pats going forward deserves an asterisk or, better yet, multiple asterisks to clarify the skullduggery.  The beautiful thing about the suspension is it validates and permanently seals the tarnish on everything about this team.   It is long-term syphilis, not an isolated case of the clap.  Nothing can fix it.  Ever.  

Archived