Leonard Williams 4yrs 18.6mil 11mil signing bonus

TnT

Did he get 18 mill plus 11 or is it included in if?

Hes getting 12mil the first year and about 17 over the next 3, fully guaranteed!...Im not exactly sure how i feel about that. Plus the 5th yr option.

Did he get 18 mill plus 11 or is it included in if?

I think it is 18.6 total for the 4 years. Here is the official break down I read.

Total value: $18,630,868

Signing bonus: $11,809,720

1st year cap hit: $3,387,430

2nd year cap hit: $4,234,888

3rd year cap hit: $5,081,146

4th year cap hit: $5,928,004

The signing bonus is spread equally through the 4 years cap hit wise, so take off 2.9 mill of every years cap hit, and that is what he is getting paid each season from years 2-4.

I think it is 18.6 total for the 4 years. Here is the official break down I read.

Total value: $18,630,868

Signing bonus: $11,809,720

1st year cap hit: $3,387,430

2nd year cap hit: $4,234,888

3rd year cap hit: $5,081,146

4th year cap hit: $5,928,004

The signing bonus is spread equally through the 4 years cap hit wise, so take off 2.9 mill of every years cap hit, and that is what he is getting paid each season from years 2-4.

Thanks

These rookie contracts are so much better then the old ones.

Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. --

Eight days after selecting Leonard Williams with the sixth overall pick in the NFL draft, the New York Jets signed the former USC star to a four-year contract.

The team made the announcement Friday evening, shortly after wrapping up the first day of a three-day rookie camp.

Based on the rookie slotting system, Williams will receive $18.63 million over the four years, fully guaranteed.The contract includes an $11.8 million signing bonus and a fifth-year team option.

******With more than $12 million in first-year compensation, counting the bonus and salary, Williams will be the second-highest-paid player on the team in 2015. Only cornerback Darrelle Revis ($16 million) is slated to make more than the highly regarded rookie. ******

Williams becomes the third-highest drafted player to sign, behind Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston (first overall) and Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper (fourth). This means the Jets' entire six-man draft class is under contract. Second-round wide receiver Devin Smith signed earlier Friday.

The 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive end, considered by many teams as the top player in the draft, unexpectedly slipped to the Jets. Despite a strong defensive line, they opted to take Williams instead of dealing the pick.

“No different than what I saw on tape,” said coach Todd Bowles, describing his first-day impressions of Williams. “He’s explosive, he’s powerful and he’s smart.”

With Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson at defensive end, Williams isn’t expected to start as a rookie, but he figures to play a prominent role. In 39 games at USC, he recorded 21 sacks in a variety of schemes.

General manager Mike Maccagnan said teams have expressed interest in trading for Wilkerson, but he said they have no plans to deal him. Wilkerson, who has only one year left on his contract, is skipping voluntary workouts.

***** crazy if true!******

If not, where does Dick get this s#!t

I'm sure MacDaddy and Graves gave him such a huge signing bonus to allow for Big Mo's eventual contract extension. Less of a cap hit when yuou spread it out like this.

Poor Leonard!! Half that money is going to Uncle Sham!

fat%20greedy%20uncle%20sam%20taxing%20th

And not simply because that's what the slot gets? How sure?

The amount of money is slotted to be a certain amount. How they distribute it is a negotiation. I think the Jets  gave him 60% up front to lessen the Cap hit moving forward so that the cap room will be available when Mo and Snacks and Sheldon need their contract extended.

this is a smart move ... escalate the cash in a year we can afford it ... this will only help us out in the next four years ... unless that bonus is spread accross the contract in terms of the cap.

For fans. Rookie mistakes like Gholston, Sanchez etc no longer stop teams from keeping proven veterans.

Lol true, I forget how much fans love it when older players get paid.

May I ask for more honesty on who this actually benefits?

Lol true, I forget how much fans love it when older players get paid.

May I ask for more honesty on who this actually benefits?

Fans like it when their team plays well. Signing proven vets helps this much more then wasting money on unproven rookies. Now stop being a dipsh*t.

Fans like it when their team plays well.

Which they most definitely do not associate with paying older players, and frankly they do not have to.

Can we *please* approach this a little more honestly? It's not like sayig it changes anything - people really want it this way lol. For every Gholston and Sanchez there's an Andrew Luck, a Mo Wilkeron, and every other guy forced to plaly *five* ******* years in the NFL (average career length: 3 years) for well below market prices. When they finally hit FA - after five years of taking an NFL beating - they play under heavily incentivized deals in a capped league, garaunteed only their signing bonus, for hownever long their bodies hold out.

Archived