Why does Rob gronkowski get so much media attention?

keysersoze

I understand it now....he's a goofy guy that parties and acts like a nut, plus he's the best at his position.

When he first got drafted I remember watching preseason games with Pats fans and I didn't understand the love affair with him (cause it started early with my friends) and after the first couple preseason games I thought Hernandez would be the better player because he was pretty damn fast and athletic for a TE (obviously I was wrong, Gronk was/is hands down better, even when Hernandez was free and in the league).

Pats fans love him.....and if he was a Jet then Jets fans would love him, same with any fan base IMO.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Gronk reminds me of the football player from Idiocracy. I wanted to put up the video, but it uses prohibited language. The Gronk family tree has somehow managed to avoid natural selection.

The welfare state has allowed drunken frat boys to survive

Why does Rex Ryan get so much media attention?  The media laps up the 'hey look at me!' syndrome.

Exactly.

Rex gets the media attention because he basically does their job for them.  He's always going to say something stupid or provocative without the media really having to press him to do so.  He also gets the attention because the media still buys into those two fluke seasons he had in 2009 and 2010, during which he actually underachieved with a very talented roster.  They think, rather stupidly it must be said, that he must know what he's doing if he went to the AFCCG twice in a row.  We all know that's not the case, however.  

Gronkowski gets the media attention for much the same reason, although unlike Rex, he does have the talent to back it up.  There's also the fact that the media likes him because he's a member of the Pats* who is not only talented but also, so far, hasn't been caught up in terrible situations like serial murder and, obviously far less serious scandals like cheating.

Because he's well-liked amongst the NFL and is a great coach when given the right players.  

Nope, why would you post such a totally incorrect answer?  Go ahead and think of all the other coaches in this league that are well liked and FAR better coaches than Rex.  I'll give you the 2nd part.  Rex Ryan is totally dependant on a stacked roster to be successful.  He proved that much the last two years.

Archived