Beast Mode New York Style - Ivory, Ridley, Stacy and Powell

JetBlue

The addition of Ridley, Stacy and the return of Powell makes this the deepest stable of running backs the Jets have had in recent memory.  I think as a result Chris Ivory is going to have a tremendous season (if healthy).  He will not be over worked and with his style of running, will be punishing defenses deep in the the 4th quarter.  

I mean we may not have what some consider a "feature back" but Ivory is no slouch at all.  He may not have "break away speed" but I have seen several runs of over 25 yards by Ivory and some over 40.  With better weapons in the passing game, he should be even more effective.  

Ivory Highlights 

Ridley and Powell, and Ivory

Zac Stacy Getting it Done

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter. The point still stands or do you disagree? 

Probably not. Ridley and Stacy aren't very good, and one probably won't be here come week 1. Either way it's not like it matters, having a good 3rd running back is about as necessary in 2015 as carrying a backup kicker.

Who do you see as the odd man out then? 

I think they do keep four. No FBs, though. 

Ridley hopefully, he stinks.

Maybe on Bohanon, but Houston has historically carried a fullback so who knows. I would think we'd keep one on with how unsure things are going to be in the passing game, but Bohanon is indeed replaceable.

Probably not. Ridley and Stacy aren't very good, and one probably won't be here come week 1. Either way it's not like it matters, having a good 3rd running back is about as necessary in 2015 as carrying a backup kicker.

Compared to who? They are both above average running backs; I have no idea where you are getting that from.  Where are you getting that from?  Also you are familiar that injuries do happen in a long season and guys get banged up.   Having 3 or 4 good backs make you that much more dangerous come December and hopefully January.  

Ridley hopefully, he stinks.

Maybe on Bohanon, but Houston has historically carried a fullback so who knows. I would think we'd keep one on with how unsure things are going to be in the passing game, but Bohanon is indeed replaceable.

Could Stacy suffice as the Fullback?

I am sorry this does not fit your regular narrative of everything Jets = awesome. No they are not.

Because you say so?  Stacy is a young productive back and should only get better.  Only issue with Ridley is health. 

Because you say so?  Stacy is a young productive back and should only get better.  Only issue with Ridley is health. 

Stacy has one productive year under his belt and lost his job to Tre Mason pretty easily in year 2.  He then got shipped out for a 7th.  He's been reduced to JAG status. 

Ridley's in the same boat.  Cast off by the Patriots, who also had lost Vereen.  Who was the last Patriot castoff RB under Belichick who had success elsewhere? 

I like that we have some depth at the RB position, but no one we have is anything special.  And that's OK.  You don't have to have super awesome RB's to win games.  We once got 1,400 yards out of Thomas Jones because of stellar O-line play.  Jones was not special either.

Stacy has one productive year under his belt and lost his job to Tre Mason pretty easily in year 2.  He then got shipped out for a 7th.  He's been reduced to JAG status. 

Ridley's in the same boat.  Cast off by the Patriots, who also had lost Vereen.  Who was the last Patriot castoff RB under Belichick who had success elsewhere? 

I like that we have some depth at the RB position, but no one we have is anything special.  And that's OK.  You don't have to have super awesome RB's to win games.  We once got 1,400 yards out of Thomas Jones because of stellar O-line play.  Jones was not special either.

Both were in the bottom half for RBs under 100 carries last year. It's fine. 3rd RB is maybe the least necessary thing you need in today's game. Not sure why this is something worth trying to pound one's chest over. Ridley got like 750k guaranteed and Stacy cost a 7th rounder, so honestly who gives a flying f-ck about either?

Yes, because I say so. This ****in guy.

Listen.... Do you have a mental problem or something?  Feel free not to respond to anything I post. I don't know what your issue is with me you really need to get over it already.    

Granted none would be considered top backs per se but I think the combination will serve us well.  I also agree that you don't need super running backs to win games.  I think we will go with a running back by committee approach but members of that committee are all very solid to me.  I don't see a weak link among them (assuming they are healthy).  

The Jets running game is solid and has been for a few years now. The OL gets up on defenses quick. With the new passing game weapons we could do even better. Go Jets.

No matter what the Jets record has been over the past few years, they were still able to run the football

Granted none would be considered top backs per se but I think the combination will serve us well.  I also agree that you don't need super running backs to win games.  I think we will go with a running back by committee approach but members of that committee are all very solid to me.  I don't see a weak link among them (assuming they are healthy).

I forgot how slithery BP is. He has great feet.

The Jets running game is solid and has been for a few years now. The OL gets up on defenses quick. With the new passing game weapons we could do even better. Go Jets.

No matter what the Jets record has been over the past few years, they were still able to run the football

Great point; now factor a true deep threat to stretch the field.  I am very optimistic about our running game and because we have several "power" running backs, I can see us wearing teams down late in games.... 

They will not carry 4 RB's. Its between Stacy and Ridley to see who gets cut.

Yeah someone already said that. We will see; the only one under contact for next year is Stacy so I guess it will depend on how fast Ridley can recover from his knew injury.   Otherwise he will feel like idiot for getting that Jets tattoo, lol. 

Trade Stacy to the Cowboys for a 5th. Win win!

Archived